It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Guy I Know Is An Amateur Stand Up Comedian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What do you guys think of his routine?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Without getting too serious, your question is what?

DOES he go on too long between setups for a punchline?
Can you see the set up and already know what he's going to say?

The first 3 minutes, yes. You know what he's already going to say. I shut it off after that.
Is he a Headliner? Depends on which city He's headlining.

I think he's a strong middle act, no way an opening act, and as a headliner, how many minutes can he really do?
In what city? 25 to 40minutes and Kill?
If I didn't give him enough time to keep my attention, who's fault is that?

OH, I used to book comedians for a living in another life.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I disagree with the first commenter he got better as the set went on. I thought it was funny how he referred to his kids like I had to get that little ni*** the hard way when he was getting potty trained. He had a lot of good topics like shopping with his mom when he was younger, made it easy to associate with, but he could he a little clearer/define on his punchlines.

Good stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I didn't say it wasn't good material. I said I lost interest 3 minutes into the set-up.

Headliners grab you well before that.

Just my opinion.

AND? He might be a headliner but, He needs to hone his skills to tighten up the presentation.

I didn't say his material wasn't funny after 3 minutes. (kinda long for a good gaffaw)
Pauly Shore would have come out Knockin.!! I kid I kid.

Did you know Sam Kinnison was a baby sitter for Pauly Shore? Did you know Sam Kinnison knocked out Argus Hammilton when he was a bouncer at the Comedy Store, so Mitzie Shore gave him a regular time slot?

Did you know Sammy Shore (Paulies Dad) is friends with Mel Brooks and Rudy Deluca?

RATS!
I thought so. I can't get anything past you guys.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I had enough of this POS referring to his kids as ni----ers. He talks about speaking English and teaching kids the right way...yeah, he's a FINE example of everything that's wrong with people.

top topics

join