It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

Originally posted by Infi8nity

reply to post by WhatAreThey

BTW, my Avatar is Thor. Why do you associate that, and Norse Mythology with white power and stormfront?

Surely you can't be THAT idiotic. In any case, it looks like we are certainly not equals.
edit on 20-6-2012 by WhatAreThey because: (no reason given)

Who said any thing about your avatar, nordic.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

If someone had at least AVERAGE reading comprehension, they would easily see that it was the person to whom I was replying.

Obviously not everyone is equal, eh?

He did not say any thing about your avatar.....

Why are you so angry? You fell the need to put people down so you can fell superior.
Your such a hypocrite, I AM A PERSON!
I started this thread and will give my point of view. This is not a closed conversation.
Your on a PUBLIC forum.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbmgang
To the question why all people can be minorities but whites....You gotta understand how the european American and this world love to use word play.Have you people ever looked up the word?A minority is a child and the european looks upon non-europeans as children.As in we are undeveloped humans with child minds hence we are minorities...you guys gotta understand this stuff or it makes you incompetent.

That was the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by rbmgang
To the question why all people can be minorities but whites....You gotta understand how the european American and this world love to use word play.Have you people ever looked up the word?A minority is a child and the european looks upon non-europeans as children.As in we are undeveloped humans with child minds hence we are minorities...you guys gotta understand this stuff or it makes you incompetent.

That was the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Thanks for the laugh!

I am to assume you don't read much and you have no idea of the real world.Also if what I wrote made you laugh you might wanna put down the drugs and poppers sir....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rbmgang

Well, I'm of European decent, as is most my family and none of us hold those views. And I don't read from propaganda type literature, as far as I know. Who knows anymore, right?

How can you speak for an entire Continent of people? Whites are not a minority in this Country, the U.S. just as RealSpoke pointed out. World wide whites could be considered a minority but it is only a national thing. Btw, Asians are a minority in the U.S. yet they are a minority in this country and yet they average the highest IQ's in the world. Food for thought.

Pass what your smoking on this way

To the OP. You are not a racist. Maybe ill informed and prejudiced like another poster pointed out but rest assured not a racist.

ETA: Is Moor power the same as black power? Just curious.
edit on 20-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by rbmgang

Well, I'm of European decent, as is most my family and none of us hold those views. And I don't read from propaganda type literature, as far as I know. Who knows anymore, right?

How can you speak for an entire Continent of people? Whites are not a minority in this Country, the U.S. just as RealSpoke pointed out. World wide whites could be considered a minority but it is only a national thing. Btw, Asians are a minority in the U.S. yet they are a minority in this country and yet they average the highest IQ's in the world. Food for thought.

Pass what your smoking on this way

To the OP. You are not a racist. Maybe ill informed and prejudiced like another poster pointed out but rest assured not a racist.

ETA: Is Moor power the same as black power? Just curious.

Why is it always that guy that assumes since the world I explained doesn't apply to him I'm lying or telling stories or what I say is unfounded? Also thought it was self-explanatory I was generalizing about a few (Elites) rather than the majority.What I'm pointing out is in America the European elites have these inside jokes and calling Blacks Hispanics etc minorities has a double meaning for them thats all.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Also sir excuse my tone if I appear defensive or insulting I was just saying....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rbmgang

Good save but not good enough.
Well you did say European American. You failed to elaborate

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

BTW, my Avatar is Thor. Why do you associate that, and Norse Mythology with white power and stormfront?

Surely you can't be THAT idiotic. In any case, it looks like we are certainly not equals.

If someone had at least AVERAGE reading comprehension, they would easily see that it was the person to whom I was replying.

Why are you so angry? You fell the need to put people down so you can fell superior.
I started this thread and will give my point of view. This is not a closed conversation.
Your on a PUBLIC forum.

Learn how to spell. Also, you might need to get some glasses. He clearly spoke about my avatar as such:

"Ah, here we go, the token stormfronter with a norse God avatar "

See? Not everyone IS equal!

All I have is an Avatar of popular comic book character Thor, recently re-popularized by Hollywood... AND I AM LABELED A TOKEN STORMFRONTER?

WITH A DEEP LAUGH: HAR! HAR, I SAY!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Your on a PUBLIC forum.

Learn how to spell. Also, you might need to get some glasses. He clearly spoke about my avatar as such:

"Ah, here we go, the token stormfronter with a norse God avatar "

See? Not everyone IS equal!

All I have is an Avatar of popular comic book character Thor, recently re-popularized by Hollywood... AND I AM LABELED A TOKEN STORMFRONTER?

WITH A DEEP LAUGH: HAR! HAR, I SAY!

Like I said before you only insult because you need to make your self fell superior. Its self destructive to let small things bother you. You cannot quote him saying that because he did not say it or he edited it out. Maybe you need glasses. Your on ATS and your avatar is Thor, what do you expect? You take it to seriously, it was hardly a insult more of a "hey I know your avatar". And you know Thor is far more then a comic book, or hollywood movie. If you went to high school then you should have learned about him.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Being colourblind is more or less impossible in this society. I'm not. If I see a black person in front of me, I'm going to think, "There's a black person."

That, in and of itself, is not where the problem lies. The problem isn't with me thinking there's a black person; the problem depends on what my next thought is. If I think, "that's a black person," and then go back to whatever else I was doing, or not think anything negative towards that person at all, then there is no problem.

If, on the other hand, I think, "that's a black person," and then think, "I'm going to bash them because they're black," then that is a serious problem.

So if you just notice that someone's black, by itself, or not of the same ethnic group as you, then no, I don't think that on its' own is a problem. If a black person tries to tell you that he doesn't notice that you're not identical to him, he's probably lying to you.

The problem is if you think that people should be treated badly, simply because they're in a different ethnic group.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Very well said.
*clapping*

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Like I said before you only insult because you need to make your self fell superior. Its self destructive to let small things bother you. You cannot quote him saying that because he did not say it or he edited it out. Maybe you need glasses. Your on ATS and your avatar is Thor, what do you expect? You take it to seriously, it was hardly a insult more of a "hey I know your avatar". And you know Thor is far more then a comic book, or hollywood movie. If you went to high school then you should have learned about him.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Oh. My. God. Look. At. This.

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Ah, here we go, the token stormfronter with a norse God avatar

So, it is you who actually does need glasses. You need to learn how to spell, and how to operate the search function of a web browser as well.

Also, one would think that the mythological Thor is common knowledge, so why you would use it as an intellectual aside is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You're not racist.

Here's a story for you all about the first time I met a black man.

I was maybe 3 or 4 years old. Have never seen a black man before. I saw him, and looked at my mom, cried, and said "mommy this man's black" and cried some more.

Was I racist???
edit on 21-6-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Ah, here we go, the token stormfronter with a norse God avatar

While I don't claim to be Asatruar myself in formal terms, I'm sufficiently fond of the Aesir that I object to this, personally.

Yes, there can be a significant correlation between individual Asatruar and white supremacist racism. However, this is racial and religious profiling. Claiming that every Asatruar is a violent, alcoholic skinhead who worships Hitler alongside the Aesir, and murders non-white people, is exactly the same as claiming all Muslims are suicide bombers.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I grew up in so. Calif. I have experienced many cultures in family settings and they really don't vary much.
There is trash in every group of people and there are also many good people.
The problem is as humans our mouth speaks before the brain works and when we see misbehavior the first thing that comes out of our mouth in response to what see is a racial slur.
We must not be distracted with the MSM promotion of a racial divide. We must see all people and judge them by their actions and not the color of their skin.

As for all music I have always seen music as an expression of the times by the youth nothing more.

OLD (white) HIPPY DUDE

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I agree with you to a point, color is just a description just like any other. If they were fat, or super buff, or skinny. You could use these terms and not be considered odd because sure you can say I was scared of a group of people and be vague about it excluding color because you might find the use of that description racist. However, the sentence, I saw four men built like tanks that looked potentially violent it carries the same weight just for different reasons. The problem isn't that he described their color. The problem is that he used their color as an excuse to be afraid. Had he been afraid for other descriptive reasons no one would have an issue with his fear. It's because he claimed fear due to color that it is of concern. For no one should fear another person based on the color of their skin. There are a lot of reasons to be potentially afraid of people though.
edit on 21-6-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Another human trait is to fear the unknown.
Just because we all know that other races exist does not mean we have all interacted with them.
If we have not interacted then we tend to judge them as described and portrade on T.V. or by word of mouth, which could be misinterpted.
Judge others only by their own actions and it might help to know the circumstances.
And let the brain work before your mouth.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
í´m not really sure what people think when they say, "i feel nervous around black people, or i feel afraid"....i´m a poor white female, grew up in a predominatley white society....i never in my life felt nervous around black people....not the first time i saw a black person.....not with mu first black bf......ok yes with him, but not nervous as in he gonna do something bad... but as in damn he is cute kinda nervous......is it really possible to be feeling nervous around someone just because they´re black??? if you see someone who looks a bit mean, or like a thug, i mean, does it matter if they´re black, white, asian....i´m not really sure i understand what you mean either, when you say, "felt like i gotta act a certain way"??? which way, like you don´t notice they´re black??it´s ok honey, i think most black people realize they´re black, lol???anyway, do you think whites are better than blacks? and more attractive and superior in blah blah...if not, then my guess is you aren´t racist......
).......mind you if you are of any color and you think whites are the crappiest bunch historically and should be all put to sleep, strictly historically speaking, you aren´t racist, just a realist
)
edit on 17-7-2012 by night1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by night1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I was twelve years old when I first encountered racism. I heard one guy call another a wetback. I looked at the back of the guy and it was completely dry. I said "That's funny, his back doesn't look wet. Nobody spilled anything on him." Some people laughed at this, and explained to me that wetback was a racial slur for Mexicans.

Now let's turn this around. Let's say that the guy was a black man. How would the responses differ?

Of course you know they would be. Remember, it's okay for a black man to be racist towards whites but not whites because of things like slavery and civil rights movement of the 1960s.

Racism is wrong, it's wrong for everybody, not just a select few.

Morality must be equal across the board or it ceases to become morality and instead becomes special privileges and double standards.

But that;s not the reality.

Let's further turn this around. If it had been whites sold into slavery instead of blacks and the civil rights movement was about whites, would it be okay for whites to call each other cracker and not okay for blacks to use that term?

Of course not.

Because it's all about racism and putting people down in any way shape or form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join