It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian structures with little or no heiroglyphics/markings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Great Pyramid is said to have no writing or glyphs on it by many conspiracy theorists. I have read that it does in fact have a group of markings, some say they are graffiti, other say they are builder's marks. There are also the markings in the shaft recently explored by the Djedi robot.

Besides these two rather tucked away markings, are there any other veritably ancient markings on the Great Pyramid?

Perhaps more importantly, are there other Egyptian pyramids and structures which bear no markings created by their builders? Or is the vast majority of Egyptian architecture decorated in some visible fashion with markings/heiroglyphs/etc?

Bonus for photos of the markings on the Great Pyramid not from the Djedi shaft. But I suppose if you've got the Djedi photos/imagery on hand, why not add them to the thread as well?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

During the 5th and 6th Dynasties, the inside walls of pyramids were covered in hieroglyphics which are better known as the Pyramid Texts.

The Giza Pyramids are truly the magnum opus of ancient Egyptian architecture, and it's odd that a sudden decline in craftsmanship occurred after they were built. There's a steady progression of improvement from the small mastabas, then on to the step pyramid and then suddenly there's a regression after the 4th Dynasty.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
Perhaps more importantly, are there other Egyptian pyramids and structures which bear no markings created by their builders? Or is the vast majority of Egyptian architecture decorated in some visible fashion with markings/heiroglyphs/etc?

It was about style.

Several pyramids from before Khufu have no (formal) inscriptions. Sekhemkhet comes to mind.

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The great pyramid doesn't not have any inscriptions on it because it wasn't built for the same purpose or by the same people as the other pyramids/temples/tombs.
Rooms like the grand gallery show that the GP had a special functions we have yet to discover.

There has also been many discussions in the past about the authenticity of few markings found inside the pyramid, many people think they were planted there by the man who claims to have discovered them.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Eniii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
just yesterday i was reading on the djedi robot thingy....
they say that in 2012, they will finally answer all questions on the pyramid, from this djedi project

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

The answer is in Isaiah 19:19

The Pyramid is a monument to the Lord in the Bible. The enigma of the Pyramid signifies that the first Builder was here. The measurements of mankind and the universe was left in the structure as a guide stone to us and evidence that we are created.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There are three 'sets' of inscriptions now known, there are other ones on the Khafre and Menkaure pyarmid

The relieving chamber ones

Use the scrolling (scrollen) function to see all the drawings

The newly found one in the shaft

The lesser known Goyon and Ginsells builders mark

Goyon marks

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by tetsuo

The answer is in Isaiah 19:19

The Pyramid is a monument to the Lord in the Bible. The enigma of the Pyramid signifies that the first Builder was here. The measurements of mankind and the universe was left in the structure as a guide stone to us and evidence that we are created.

Unless you are restating in a way that isn't as clear to me, this is the first I have heard of this specific theory. So...i'll bite....care to elaborate with more information?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It seems to be associated with the theories of Charles Piazza Smith which in turn were based on Taylor's ideas as outlined in the book, 'The great pyramid; why was it built: & who built it? (1859)'

You can get a summary of his religious ideas and how he saw the pyramid

CPS theories about the pyramid

He also advanced the theory that the Great Pyramid was a repository of prophecies which could be revealed by detailed measurements of the structure. Working upon theories by Taylor, he conjectured that the Hyksos were the Hebrew people, and that they built the Great Pyramid under the leadership of Melchizedek. Because the pyramid inch was a divine unit of measurement, Smyth, a committed proponent of British Israelism, used his conclusions as an argument against the introduction of the metric system in Britain.

The theories of Taylor and Smyth gained many eminent supporters and detractors in the field of Egyptology during the late 1800s, but by the end of the 19th century it had lost most of its mainstream scientific support. The greatest blow to the theory was dealt by the great Egyptogist William Matthew Flinders Petrie, who had initially been a supporter. When Petrie went to Egypt in 1880 to perform new measurements, he found that the pyramid was several feet smaller than previously believed. This so undermined the theory that Petrie rejected it, writing "there is no authentic example, that will bear examination, of the use or existence of any such measure as a 'Pyramid inch,' or of a cubit of 25.025 British inches

edit on 20/6/12 by Hanslune because: Added information on Taylor

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Sure. Isaiah 19

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt.

My theory is as follows.

To really understand this, a person needs to know the history of the region and how the truth was moved to myth. At the same time, the actual truth remained in the Bible as a recorded history of the events. The thread of truth is found with Abraham, Jacob, David and Jesus.

Before the flood, Enoch built the Pyramid. It's true name is the Pillar of Enoch. He was know by the Egyptians as Thoth and by the Greeks as Hermes. If you examine Hermes, you know that he fits the description of Enoch nearly perfectly. We also know that the Egyptians and the Greeks had a reason to retell these stories with their own characters. It's really simple if you thing it through.

Who was the first builder after the flood? Nimrod. What did he build? The tower of Babel. What happened? He was chopped in pieces by God. Literally, Nimrod's nation was cut into pieces and the languages were divided. After this point, the Mystery Religion and Mystery Schools were also cut into regions and languages. Each told the story based on the new language they possessed.

For the Egyptians, this is the story of Osiris and Isis. Isis is Semiramis, Nimrod's wife. Osiris is Nimrod. The story is the same.

What is Egypt a picture of? Earth and mankind. Before the flood, we see Enoch delivering the message of judgment to the fallen beings that corrupted the earth. After the Flood, we see the pagans trying to rebuild their temple. God circumcises Osiris (Cuts his pride at the root) and the tower of Babel falls. The Builders then reject the chief cornerstone of Christ and continue a longer plan to covertly rebuild Babylon.

This is where we are today. The Pyramid at the border of Egypt stands as testimony that God will again take the fallen builders out of the picture. The capstone will be restored and Christ will reign over the Earth.

The monument of Isaiah 19 is the temple that will again stand as a symbol. Isaiah 19 has not yet been fulfilled. Other details about Syria, Egypt and Israel standing as one symbol of commerce and friendship is outlined in this chapter. The events that lead up to this starts with Egypt waking up in error.

We just witnessed this fulfillment in the last 2 years.

19 A prophecy against Egypt:

See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt.
The idols of Egypt tremble before him,
and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.

2 “I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—
brother will fight against brother,
neighbor against neighbor,
city against city,
kingdom against kingdom.

edit on 20-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Interesting theory

However a few criticism, first no biblical flood

Here is the lines 16-23 of the Isaiah 19:

16 In that day the Egyptians will become weaklings. They will shudder with fear at the uplifted hand that the Lord Almighty raises against them.

17 And the land of Judah will bring terror to the Egyptians; everyone to whom Judah is mentioned will be terrified, because of what the Lord Almighty is planning against them.

18 In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun.[a]

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border.

20 It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

21 So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them.

22 The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together.

24 In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth.

25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance. ”

In this context how does your interpretation fit? How do you explain line18?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The dominant language of the 5 major cities of Egypt is currently Arabic. Arabic is the close cousin of Hebrew. This is true now. The outer sheeting of the pyramid was used to build mosques. God will once again restore Egypt back to the biblical beliefs. A road will join Syria, Israel and Egypt for friendly commerce and travel.

Here is another description of the pattern of the first altar.

JOS 22:26 Therefore we said, Let us now prepare to build us an altar, not for burnt offering, nor for sacrifice: 27 But that it may be a witness between us, and you, and our generations after us, ...28 Therefore said we, that it shall be, when they should so say to us or to our generations in time to come, that we may say again, Behold the pattern of the altar of the LORD, which our fathers made, not for burnt offerings, nor for sacrifices; but it is a witness between us and you.

The monument to the lord (Pillar of Enoch) is a witness for what the Lord has done on Earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

The dominant language of the 5 major cities of Egypt is currently Arabic. Arabic is the close cousin of Hebrew. This is true now. The outer sheeting of the pyramid was used to build mosques. God will once again restore Egypt back to the biblical beliefs. A road will join Syria, Israel and Egypt for friendly commerce and travel.

Here is another description of the pattern of the first altar.

JOS 22:26 Therefore we said, Let us now prepare to build us an altar, not for burnt offering, nor for sacrifice: 27 But that it may be a witness between us, and you, and our generations after us, ...28 Therefore said we, that it shall be, when they should so say to us or to our generations in time to come, that we may say again, Behold the pattern of the altar of the LORD, which our fathers made, not for burnt offerings, nor for sacrifices; but it is a witness between us and you.

The monument to the lord (Pillar of Enoch) is a witness for what the Lord has done on Earth.

the quote from Isaiah says,

In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun

Canaanite was a semitic language but the Arabic the Egyptian speak came from the region of Nejd (Arabia) because Canaanite died out except over 1600 years ago, Hebrew is related but I don't think that is spoken much now in modern Egypt...

Without a flood how does your theory work?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

If you totally skipped the 4th dynasty, would you consider the progression of workmanship from the 1st thru the 6th to be smooth and perhaps more logical?

Originally posted by Harte
It was about style.

Several pyramids from before Khufu have no (formal) inscriptions. Sekhemkhet comes to mind.

Harte

Thanks! In researching this pyramid, it appears as though the sarcophagus was found sealed and empty behind an intact wall. According to the discoverer. An interesting connection to the Great pyramid's bare and empty sarcophagus. Any other structures you can point out for me?

article on the pyramid I read, I did admittedly did very minimal research, just read the first thing I found: www.touregypt.net...

reply to post by Eniii

Thanks, but I am not concerned with the purpose of the Great pyramid in this thread. I am just looking for Egyptian structures with little to no hieroglyphic markings/etchings/etc.

Thank you Hanslune, I did not know the markings were that extensive. I must say, they lack the precision and formality of most hieroglyphs seen on religious/important structures.

EnochWasRight, while not really addressing my question, that is an interesting theory. Thanks for posting and Hanslune as well.

Ok, back to the original question - Egyptian Structures without any symbolic or linguistic markings?
edit on 30-6-2012 by tetsuo because: re-rail thread

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

That one particular pyramid was designed by telepathy and constructed by mass telekinesis’ it was a time in which humans had no language, they knew nothing of drawing, and had no idea of hieroglyphs.

After they built that first giant ‘Wireless Pyramid Computer‘, it destroyed the frequencies that disabled all humans on earth the ability to use telepathy and telekinesis.

That one giant wireless ‘Pyramid Computer’ also enabled man to talk, write and draw, and humans was embedded around the world with language as well.

After that one pyramid was built, everybody in the world could no longer finish projects as easy as it was to do before the world was tricked out there natural god giving ability to use the mind the way they did, before this event in time happened.

That is why the other pyramids looked so disgraceful and unfinished, Compared to the great pyramid of Giza, and that’s why, loll, they drew the hard back breaking work and glyphs to show how they did it this time, by using what ever measures they did with the body and not the mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo

Thank you Hanslune, I did not know the markings were that extensive. I must say, they lack the precision and formality of most hieroglyphs seen on religious/important structures.

They were probably made by those in charge of the quarries or acceptance, ie and done on site with ochre paint or 'stick' - on the fly as it were

Ok, back to the original question - Egyptian Structures without any symbolic or linguistic markings?

I've sent you an PM with another suggestion of where to ask this question

top topics

join