It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran�s nuclear bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok I have read some people here saying: Iran might give their nuclear bomb to terrorists groups and they will explode it in the US.

Each radioactive material has its own signature. The radioactive signature of a blast will depend upon the materials used to build the bomb. Therefore each H-bomb is unique to some extend. So if Russians give an H-bomb to an Iraqi and he bring the bomb to US and blow it up, radioactive signature will be traced back to Russians.

you can get some info on this link:

Like DNA from a crime scene, analysis of these particles also provides vital clues to the source of any nuclear material. Each radioactive isotope has its own signature.
www.livejournal.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
here another link:

"Each weapons test has a characteristic signature of different isotopes; in this case it is two different plutonium isotopes, but it could be two different uranium isotopes," said Professor Keith Goulding of Rothamsted told the British Association's annual meeting.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sorry but you could have pasted that into your previous posts
As far as I know dividing a statement into several posts is forbidden

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian
Ok I have read some people here saying: Iran might give their nuclear bomb to terrorists groups and they will explode it in the US.

Each radioactive material has its own signature. The radioactive signature of a blast will depend upon the materials used to build the bomb. Therefore each H-bomb is unique to some extend. So if Russians give an H-bomb to an Iraqi and he bring the bomb to US and blow it up, radioactive signature will be traced back to Russians.

you can get some info on this link:

Like DNA from a crime scene, analysis of these particles also provides vital clues to the source of any nuclear material. Each radioactive isotope has its own signature.
www.livejournal.com...

and your point is? How is iran related to russia?
do you want Americans to go well we glad we know that bomb came from Iran!!!!!!?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is a typical hollywood movie, but with avery sharp and relevant plotline. basically a covert terrorist organisation discovers the location of a an Israeli downed Nuke from one of their bombers. The group then goads america and russia to the brink of war by detonating the nuclear device on american soil......however it is found that the fissile material used was produced by an american reactor and couldnt possibly have come from the Russians.

My point is that, if all the snippets ive bn hearing about Al-Quieda having nearly 20 old russian suitcase nukes are true, then a sotory line mimicking that of the movie is a real and present danger.

Oh and in case your wondering about suitcase nukes, just google em:>

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian
Iran might give their nuclear bomb to terrorists groups and they will explode it in the US.

Hey persian.

I don't see how you can say that if Iran gets nuclear capability that they'll give a nuclear weapon to a group of terrorists!

The fact remains clear. If the Iranian government is to attain nuclear weapons, these weapons will already be in the hands of terrorists.

Just like North Korea's nukes! Owned by terrorists!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Should the U.S/Israel decide to just bomb the $hit out of Iran they would only be helping terrorists. The Government of Iran and its current regime need to go, not the nuclear technology. The form of ISLAM exercised by these people is barbaric and a danger to humanity as a whole. In today�s global village International community cannot afford to turn a blind eye to breach of human rights in Iran nor Middle East. Women and men of Iran need to be freed from their virtual slavery.

Just my two cents.

So let�s work together to remove the Iranian government before nuclear energy goes on line, trying to stop he latter is futile.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by zurvan]

[edit on 7-10-2004 by zurvan]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The sum of all fears was a piece of crap (the movie)
The book was exceptional but like most of clancy's work (though more so than the rest) Hollywood crucified it.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think the point of the Iran situation is to not let the bomb be created. The U.S doesn't want to have to trace nuclear signatures back if they can prevent the whole mess in the first place.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think the point of the Iran situation is to not let the bomb be created. The U.S doesn't want to have to trace nuclear signatures back if they can prevent the whole mess in the first place.

O.K you can try stoping enslaved Iran Develop the "Bomb"', which as I have said before will make things worse if not done right.
Maybe you want to help an ex allie re join you so that the fact that they have the nuclear technology does not matter.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't think the tracing of the radioactive material will actually matter because I would assume that the terrorist group commiting such horrible act would probably claim responsiblity (as well as some other groups who didn't commit the act but would want media coverage). One can only hope that the situation described won't happen.

doctorduh

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If nuclear capability is demonstrated from a terror organization or nation, and even if it is proved it is of Russian origin, nothing will come of it. We already know weapons grade plutonium and red mercury are being sold in undeground weapons markets out of Russia. Russia will not deny this as they know it occurs and work to try to prevent it. It is an unfortunate fact that it has already occured and will continue too. The problem is large quantities of it. Though the result of one nuclear weapon are devastating, more than one is wht allows a country to start making demands and having their voice heard.

[edit on 10/8/2004 by infinite8]

new topics

top topics

join