It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Lake now completely empty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I'm sure there are plenty of air holes, this place is swiss cheese with sink holes, swamp land, dried lakes, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Tropical Storm Debby dumped quite a bit of rain on the northern half of Florida this week: 8 inches in Pinellas County (in the vicinity of Tampa) and 20 or more inches from the eastern Panhandle to Florida's east coast. If any of that rain was near your lake, the water level may start improving.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
reply to post by getreadyalready

Tropical Storm Debby dumped quite a bit of rain on the northern half of Florida this week: 8 inches in Pinellas County (in the vicinity of Tampa) and 20 or more inches from the eastern Panhandle to Florida's east coast. If any of that rain was near your lake, the water level may start improving.

The lake area and north of it got almost zero rain.

5 to 20 miles south of the lake, including my house, we got up to 24 inches of rain, we had major flooding, more sinkholes opened up, bridges washed out, and many families that I know are currently displaced and homeless for the foreseeable future.

We got an enormous, record-setting amount of rain, but the northside of Tallahassee didn't see any of it. It is quite amazing really, a guy that I work with lives 5 miles north of me, and while I was being inundated, he was out gardening.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join