It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has to be something other than Evolution or God...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
The debate over which is more likely, evolution or god seems to be missing something. There must be another option. I definitely don't believe the almighty being creation theory, and evolution seems to have major holes also. So what's missing?

Your perception of the theory of evolution having major holes is incorrect. There are none.

Seems to me that if evolution was the case...than everything that was evolved FROM would no longer be around. A good example being humans evolving from monkeys...well there are still monkeys and all look like monkeys....there's no 'half human' monkeys. There would be monkeys in all different stages I suppose of this evolution even today(maybe?)...but there isn't.

So in other words you have misunderstood the process of speciation. Here's a hint: we didn't evolve from any contemporary species of monkeys, rather we share common ancestors down the line with all of them. I really hate it when posters here demonstrate this kind of ignorance. You never even bothered to learn the theory. Why should anyone take you seriously?

If creationism and evolution are both wrong...what else is there? I've never looked into this so forgive me if it has already been discussed, just something that is on my mind.

Creationism and your version of evolution are indeed both wrong. What else is there? The correct version of the theory of evolution of course, aka modern synthesis.
edit on 20-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Trees don't become paper, we turn them to paper, ice doesn't become water, ice and water are the same and can easily be changed between the two forms, liquid and solid. That's not even almost evolution...nice try. Mountains changing shape into other geographic features has to do with weather, erosion, plate tectonics and such, nothing to do with a living being changing it's form over time. Yes, there are living things on the mountain..trees, animals, bugs, however the dirt and rock that make up this mountain do not make it a living being.

Hydrogen atoms become helium atoms in the core of the sun. Where's your non-change in that? In the end, the phenotype (what an organism looks like) is only up to what genes it has, to what degree they're expressed, and input from the environment. Understand, that the first two are free to change infinitely. There's no magical mechanism that prevents change from accumulating over time.
edit on 20-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
"Aliens" offers nothing in terms of explaining the origins of life, it just defers the question. Same goes for god or gods.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by SGTSECRET

This is a no brainer. Everything evolves and or changes form. Mountains become valleys,streams become rivers, trees become paper, ice becomes water,ect . No doubt that physical things evolve. Spiritual things do not evolve. It takes a spiritual will to create something physical. Physical things cant create themselves

Trees don't become paper, we turn them to paper, ice doesn't become water, ice and water are the same and can easily be changed between the two forms, liquid and solid. That's not even almost evolution...nice try. Mountains changing shape into other geographic features has to do with weather, erosion, plate tectonics and such, nothing to do with a living being changing it's form over time. Yes, there are living things on the mountain..trees, animals, bugs, however the dirt and rock that make up this mountain do not make it a living being.
did you not understand what i said? You said the same thing i said then told me that i was incorrect. Do yourself a favor and define the word evovle then come back and re read what i wrote. Why do i bother with these inquiries

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Seems to me that if evolution was the case...than everything that was evolved FROM would no longer be around. A good example being humans evolving from monkeys...well there are still monkeys and all look like monkeys....there's no 'half human' monkeys. There would be monkeys in all different stages I suppose of this evolution even today(maybe?)...but there isn't.

This is the same crap as ignorant people posting Theory of evolution explains how life started. Monkeys are our cousins not parents.

____

Alien seeding would not be a valid theory because.. then we would be arguing whether aliens were created or evolved.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
That isn't how the theory of Evolution works. Evolutionists believe that given enough time, apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor, even though there is no evidence of this ever occurring.

www.ibtimes.com... ust.htm

Yeah, there's no evidence at all.
Try harder.

It could very easily be both god and evolution. I don't know why so many people say it has to be one or the other.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree with the posters who point out that the Theory of Evolution and Creationism aren't dichotomous or mutually incompatible. Astrobiology is a fascinating field, involving the study of organic molecules of extraterrestrial origin. With nothing but the pressures of physical and chemical laws, these little molecules will self-organize (given the right environmental circumstances) into the aminos and lipids that constitute the building blocks of organic life.

These molecules may have cruised into our atmosphere embedded in space debris back in the way back and jump started life on earth.

But whence came the stars responsible for generating all the elements, and whence the laws that govern them?

Thinking about that triggers my sense of religious awe.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Sounds like you have rightly ruled out evolution.

And just why is it you are ruling out "God". Just because you don't want to have to believe? Is it really so hard to grasp that we have a Designer in all of the magnificent universe that is so organized. Don't want to believe you are a designee?

Too bad! It's great to Know there is order in this universe.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
It could very easily be both god and evolution. I don't know why so many people say it has to be one or the other.

Not saying it has to be one or the other. It's just that all the evidence points to the latter.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Whats wrong with the "God did it" theory.

Well. we are supposed to believe that god is omnipotent, and created us the earth the sun and moon and some fluffy clouds for himself to stand on.

If he's so powerfull why is the earth so tiny when compared to the universe? the earth is less than a speck of dust when compared with some other planets and when compared to the entire universe the earth is much much less than a speck of dust, its mind bogglingly BIG out there. If a god is so powerfull why did he choose to populate something that is less than a speck of dust? On a universal scale the earth is like a microbe hidden amongst a galaxy..

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

The Earth is just the right size to support life, and I don't think you are in any position to tell God how to do His job.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
The Earth is just the right size to support life, and I don't think you are in any position to tell God how to do His job.

Wait, are you arguing that only planets that are exactly the same size as Earth can support life?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, my bit of thoughts in here:
Have you guys ever heard of the Sumerians and Enki? Check it here!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The debate over which is more likely, evolution or god seems to be missing something. There must be another option. I definitely don't believe the almighty being creation theory, and evolution seems to have major holes also. So what's missing?

If creationism and evolution are both wrong...what else is there? I've never looked into this so forgive me if it has already been discussed, just something that is on my mind.

No your understanding is wrong. We didn't evolve from monkeys. Monkeys and us evolved from a common ancestor. We are not direct descendants of them. Somewhere in the path our evolutionary line there was a split in which they went one way we went the other.

For example all of the missing link humanoids we did evolve from no longer live. Like Lucy for example is extinct species.
edit on 22-6-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join