It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE COMING RACE by Edward Bulwer, Lord Lytton full text book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton PC (25 May 1803 – 18 January 1873), was an English politician, poet, playwright, and novelist. He was immensely popular with the reading public and wrote a stream of bestselling dime-novels which earned him a considerable fortune. He coined several phrases that would become clichés, especially "the great unwashed", "pursuit of the almighty dollar", "the pen is mightier than the sword", as well as the famous opening line "It was a dark and stormy night".

According to the wiki. But he is noted for something, he is was a Rosicrucian and an early science fiction writer who was heavily influence by the occult. One of his most famous books is called The Coming Race, with which you can read in its entirety here:

www.gutenberg.org...

In short the book is about a group of people who lived underground as the result of a conflict many thousands of years ago. They have higher level of technology. The main character finds a mineshaft which allows him to find these people and he interacts with them. The book was published in 1871.

But there are some people who believe that this is a true story, that these people are actually the Vril, who started a secret society in Germany which led to the creation of Adolf Hitler who influenced his interests in occult power. In other words, this is the work that led to the creation of the Vril Society, from whence we get the famous Hannebu, or saucer shaped craft that the Nazis supposedly built.

I am reading this book now, since I've never read it before. I thought some of you might be interested in it.

For those interested, here is the wiki on the book:

en.wikipedia.org...

And the wiki on the man:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Interesting.

That is very non-evil of you to share, Evil Sadam.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

S+F

"The coming Race" is one of my favourite stories.

When i first read it,i was a little shocked reading about the "Vril" power,because the suburb of Athens i live is called Vrilissia(and this is the ancient name of the area)and the mountain that is near the area was called Vrilitos(the modern name is Penteli).

Vril is a real word and in ancient Greek means power/might.The verb Vriao means make someone powerful.So Lytton propably knew the meaning of the word and created a new mythology or as legend has it,the story is real and he was the one who experienced all that

According to some paranormal researchers,Vrilissia is a very powerful place and there is a gate to the otherworld,near a small stream.I have visited the place and stayed for hours,but i haven't found any gate...I have heard some very interesting stories(and very far fetched) about that particular stream.

My grandfather had told me that Hitler was very interested for the area(because of the name) and he was planning,after the war to make it the official resident area for his high ranking officers.He was also very interested in the Penteli mountain and it is said that he had his fireplace made from marble taken from Penteli mountain(same marble was used to built the Parthenon).

Anyway i don't know if any of the stories are real,but there are many people in the Greek paranormal community,who really believe that the Vril race exists(some claim that they have seen them
)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Rosicrucians...i'm shaking my head but you can't see it. They will be the people (part of them anyway) who get snookered by the Fallen Ones when the Great Deception begins.

The way the Pope is talking about them, sounds like he's one of them. John Paul II was batsh*t crazy saying theyre our "space brothers". His space brothers didn't save him from death.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

thanks for this, i've just started reading it, and just from the first few chapters it is reminding me of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, I would recommend these books to anyone, they are just amazing.

i'll let you know what i think of The Coming Race,

thanks again

join