LightningStrikesHere does not support Terrorism !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by HumanCondition
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

The only people who need to say sorry for something like this are the people who support Western terrorism.

ORLY?

Which brand of "terrorism" do you support, then? There has to be one you support, since you specified another to demonize to differentiate it out.

Otherwise, there would be no need to distinguish one brand of terrorism from another. they're ALL terrorism!

I support the people who have no other option.
The US does not need to continually destroy peoples lives, the other terrorists are mearly acting in self defence.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The only people who need to say sorry for something like this are the people who support Western terrorism.

ORLY?

Which brand of "terrorism" do you support, then? There has to be one you support, since you specified another to demonize to differentiate it out.

Otherwise, there would be no need to distinguish one brand of terrorism from another. they're ALL terrorism!

The US does not need to continually destroy peoples lives, the other terrorists are mearly acting in self defence.

Defense from what? What do the women and kids they blow up in marketplaces do to them to provoke a "defense"?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Apologizing in a public forum like this definitely takes some hardened testicular tissue IMO. We have all stuck our foot in our mouths and said/did things that we regretted or could be misinterpreted as something other than what it was. Thumbs up
for at least trying to rectify the situation. You did the right thing, now it is up to other's to do the right thing and forgive... unless all the facts have not been stated. A thread title faux pas seems like small potatoes compared to a lot of other things.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

ORLY?

Defense from what? What do the women and kids they blow up in marketplaces do to them to provoke a "defense"?
As opposed to dropping a bomb in a marketplace?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Look I know not one thing about you. But the issue here is two fold. First and foremost is Islam. Second is whether or not it is right to kill people who are not harming you, nor battling you in anyway.

I will start with the second, and then move to the first. Is it morally right to kill people who have done you no harm? If you condemn the United States government for killing innocent people, then you must in turn condemn anyone who would do the same, because it is the action itself which is morally wrong. An act of terrorism is by its very nature the killing of innocent people, those who have done you no harm, civilians. Therefore, ALL acts of terrorism must be condemned as morally wrong, no matter who committed them, whether that be a foreign government, or your brother. You cannot simply oppose an action based on who is committing it, to do so is a serious lack of common sense.

In Islam, the only time you can war against another party is in self defense. If you notice in Islamic history, the only time the Holy Prophet (sawa) warred against anyone was in defense of the rights of Muslim to practice Islam, or in defense of self, which at that time meant the Muslim Ummah under the Holy Prophet (sawa). What the later Caliphate did must be discounted at this time, since it is only the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (sawa) which matters for Islamic Law.

The Holy Quran is also in support of war being for purposes of self defense only. When there are ayah in the Quran which state "Kill them wherever you find them" Etc. We must look to see when, where, and what were the circumstances surrounding these revelations. Also, we must look to other ayaat to see who the "them" might be, one ayah does not rule out another, and one of the ayah in the Holy Quran speaks on it being a horrible act to commit murder, which is defined as killing an innocent person.

When we look to the Sunnah of the Prophet (sawa) we see that never once did the Holy Prophet (sawa) of Islam ever kill an innocent person. Ever. He (sawa) did take captives etc. but never did He (sawa) kill innocent people, even after the revelations that are considered by some to be extreme. The ONLY people who were killed were people who were physically fighting. Which means that this still meant that the killing of innocent people is considered forbidden in Islam, even during war time.

It is written in ahadith, that if someone commits murder in the west, and someone in the east is happy about it,(and vice versa) that person (who was happy about it) is, on the day of judgement, made as a partner to the one who committed murder, because of his joy in the evil act.

We MUST as religious Muslims, follow our religion, even when we disagree with it. The root of Ibadah is Abd. Being a willing slave is part of worship, this means following the laws Allah set forth for us, no matter the cost to self. Even if it means we are trampled under foot, the laws of Allah means more than self.

We can understand those who commit acts of terrorism out of desperation, but never can we associate such acts to Islam, because it is in direct opposition to the teachings of Islam itself. We cannot be happy with any evil no matter who commits it, even if we have the ability to understand why it was committed. Our religion should mean more to us than our very lives. And only someone who truly loves Allah, and has full and complete knowledge of their religion, can understand this.

The first ayah revealed in the Holy Quran was "Read, in the Name of your Lord" Imam Ali (as) who was raised in the house of the Prophet (sawa) said, "Seek knowledge, even if it be from China" Gaining knowledge is one of the most important things in Islam.

Terrorism is not something to joke about, it is not something to 'pretend' to support, nor something to support period. It is an evil perpetrated, and must be denounced as such!
edit on 21-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

ORLY?

Either/or. Why excuse just one, and villify the other? Are they not both unjustified killings?

edit on 2012/6/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

ORLY?

Either/or. Why excuse just one, and villify the other? Are they not both unjustified killings?

edit on 2012/6/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Because if I do it to you first without any reason, I expect you to do it back.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Those nested windows were getting to be a bit much, and causing my eyes to cross.

As for your "response" here:

When did the women and kids blow either of those parties up first? That is what this answer requires as a justification for blowing THEM up.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Those nested windows were getting to be a bit much, and causing my eyes to cross.

As for your "response" here:

When did the women and kids blow either of those parties up first? That is what this answer requires as a justification for blowing THEM up.

Well if your country had been getting continuously bombed for decades, putting you in constant danger I wouldn't really expect your anger to be directed properly.
When people have problems they usually react irrationally, but it is still a result of how they have been treated.
Once again what else can these people do?
I mean what else can they do tho? Seriously..

What would you do in if it was America or your town in that position?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well if your country had been getting continuously bombed for decades, putting you in constant danger I wouldn't really expect your anger to be directed properly.

IF that were the case, I would expect proper direction and focus, NOT counter productive activity. Can you somehow point out how killing women and children in marketplaces is "proper direction" to that scenario?

Can you point out how killing off your own women and kids is going to "overcome your enemy"? Crazy has to be dealt with.

When people have problems they usually react irrationally, but it is still a result of how they have been treated.
Once again what else can these people do?
I mean what else can they do tho? Seriously..

I dunno... strive for rational response, perhaps?

What would you do in if it was America or your town in that position?

Fight my enemy - not my OWN random women and kids.

edit on 2012/6/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

IF that were the case, I would expect proper direction and focus, NOT counter productive activity. Can you somehow point out how killing women and children in marketplaces is "proper direction" to that scenario? Can you point out how killing off your own women and kids is going to "overcome your enemy"? Crazy has to be dealt with.
You cant really say that until you have lived it, also you are saying it from a mindset defined by the opposite environmental conditions.
You tell me, you support your country doing it.
I never said it was proper direction, in fact I implied the opposite.

You would have a hard time denying that your own country needs to be dealt with if that is the case.

I dunno... strive for rational response, perhaps?
And when that is not possible?

Fight my enemy - not my OWN random women and kids.
Maybe go tell your government that.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If you condemn the United States government for killing innocent people, then you must in turn condemn anyone who would do the same, because it is the action itself which is morally wrong. An act of terrorism is by its very nature the killing of innocent people, those who have done you no harm, civilians. Therefore, ALL acts of terrorism must be condemned as morally wrong, no matter who committed them, whether that be a foreign government, or your brother. You cannot simply oppose an action based on who is committing it, to do so is a serious lack of common sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

If you condemn the United States government for killing innocent people, then you must in turn condemn anyone who would do the same, because it is the action itself which is morally wrong. An act of terrorism is by its very nature the killing of innocent people, those who have done you no harm, civilians. Therefore, ALL acts of terrorism must be condemned as morally wrong, no matter who committed them, whether that be a foreign government, or your brother. You cannot simply oppose an action based on who is committing it, to do so is a serious lack of common sense.
Well I condemn the action but not the cause. Just imagine what the US would do in their position. Its not like these people have much else they can do is it. Maybe they might go to your 'government' and ask them kindly to please stop killing my people.
Yeah right..
If that is the definition of terrorism then you would agree that the US is a terrorist state?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

In its current form in regards foreign policy yes I consider the United States Government a terrorist state.

But this does not make like reactions to be morally right. You must rise above, be better than the opponent... and smarter... but not the same....

two wrongs never make a right

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

In its current form in regards foreign policy yes I consider the United States Government a terrorist state.

But this does not make like reactions to be morally right. You must rise above, be better than the opponent... and smarter... but not the same....

two wrongs never make a right
Ok it is good to see you are level headed.

Fact is that people will react. When you put an entire population under such conditions you MUST expect people to react. Now what are these people to do when they have no real way of reacting?

Could you imagine the stress, anxiety, depression, anger and whatever else that would develop over a nation when you are continually bombed on a daily basis for decades? Or when most of your population is starving??
Its not something I or you or the other guy could ever properly understand unless we have lived it but I think considering that their response has been quite reasonable. Comparing it with what the US does and justifies it is akin to acting like an angel.

I just ask yourself to put yourself or someone you know in their positions. Imagine the pain of watching your culture, family, country and everything else be completely destroyed and knowing there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.

Or maybe imagine something like 9/11 happening on a daily basis. Because we have done that to some places for decades.
Just think about the response that came from that one single attack and times it by 365.
edit on 22-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

and as I said in my rather long winded post from a day or two ago... we can understand it..... it is easy to understand....

what we cannot do is to support it, either emotionally or physically.... because it is a wrong action

no matter who commits it...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

and as I said in my rather long winded post from a day or two ago... we can understand it..... it is easy to understand....

what we cannot do is to support it, either emotionally or physically.... because it is a wrong action

no matter who commits it...
But why such a focus on what they do.
Shouldn't you stop your own people/government doing it before you try and stop them?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

that is going to depend on who you think 'my people' are

but yes, I would love to stop both.... and try in all things for truth to be told.... and truth to be followed
edit on 22-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

that is going to depend on who you think 'my people' are

but yes, I would love to stop both.... and try in all things for truth to be told.... and truth to be followed
edit on 22-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)
True, well the west in general.

The first step to stopping both is for people like the guy I was originally talking to accept that what the West does is wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

He does not think the west is perfect..... and he speaks out on many things in his own ways.....

the problem is when the east paints the west as the only wrongdoer...when you start playing the game of tit for tat then at some point you loose sight of who started it, who is responding, and who is retaliating...

and I think the main people I need to convince of wrongdoinng are my own brothers.... therefore this is who I speak to the most.... and who i speak against when I see them in the wrong....not the west, let them deal with them.... when we stop this tit for tat they did it first so we are right stuff then maybe eventually all this will stop....

or at least more westerners will see that we are not the ones in the wrong.... but as it stands if we are doing evil acts then the west has the appearance of justification in their actions yes? it is time to stop that

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join