Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

LightningStrikesHere does not support Terrorism !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello, some things i need to correct , for the world of ATS , and the recent events of the 2012 ATS elections ,

Mods , i am posting this here , because it all started here , and i am not sure what better place for it then here , but move it if you must

Now , in light of recent events many of you may know that i started a party with the name of a well know "terrorist" cell , i did this to grab the attentions of the ATS crowd who were participating in what is suppose to be a "fake" election for ATS regent ,

But to my surprise , it started to spiral out of control , partly because i did not think things through , and partly because some people misunderstood my actions , But ill put most of the weight on my shoulders because i was not more transparent with my strategy, I was going to post a video of my goals and strategy and i was going to play this game strategically.

However ATS the thread was trashed , and i completely understand why , and i agree with the mod who did it ,
Last thing we need is a thread with the title of the "named terror cell " with an open invitation for recruitment listed on the bottom of the thread ! i had to laugh it off because it was indeed a blond moment and i did not think about it before i posted it ...

So. today i thought , humm, since we are creating this fictional world here on ATS ,and since my party did get thrown out buy TPTB , then why not create a factious organisation to disrupt the elections , and make it fun at the same time ! , this organisation was not going to have ANY THING ! to do with Islam , my goal was to make it seems like the running party's had to deal with real world ATS issues ! , SOooo i decided to message the proper people , and to my surprise i was met with Hostility's and accusations that i support and or "Love" terrorist and extremism!!

Now to clear some things up with some people who have issues with what i have done , or what they think my goal was !

first i want to say that Yes ! i am Muslim and i was hoping through this campaign election to bring some more light to the disinformation about Islam that i constantly fight against here on ATS , and i was going to use the misleading party title to prove how disinformation works , Now like i stated i am Muslim and i head a youth outreach program at my local masjid , and i work very hard on my community to change the view of Islam that most people see today , Many of you may know that i have not always been Muslim , and i understand how people view Islam inn an extremist way , and because i have this understanding i have made it a part of my life to change that image , thought humble loving knowledge..

I want everyone to understand that i do not in anyway support terrorism i think people who engage in such an act are truly misguided from the real meaning of Islam ,

and i would also like to say i am very sorry both to the staff of ATS and the members who may have been effected by my ignorance ........ i am not a bad person and i have nothing but love in my heart for humanity and wish only to spread truth and love ... i am so very sorry ATS

Humbly

LSH

P.S spelling and grammar ... i know
edit on 19-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Mistakes are opportunities to learn.

Sometimes we make a bad call. It happens. Don't let it stop you, though.

Looking forward to reading your platform

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Guess what, I do not care. You want to trash Islam and all it stands for with your actions, so be it you have freewill, but do not expect other Muslims who have a great amount of love and respect for their religion to support those who would trash its good Name, and the Name of the Holy Prophet (sawa)

Goodday... you have your freewill and I mine.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

thank you ! , but i an no longer going to participate in this election , maybe someone else can step up who has the same views

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
Guess what, I do not care. You want to trash Islam and all it stands for with your actions, so be it you have freewill, but do not expect other Muslims who have a great amount of love and respect for their religion to support those who would trash its good Name, and the Name of the Holy Prophet (sawa)

Goodday... you have your freewill and I mine.

did i ever say anything bad about Islam ? i constantly protect it here on ATS , and know this that i never once used the name of the prophet ! during my interview ! and when are you ever fighting for the truth ! on the forums ? !!!! i never see you ! infact!!!! i see non Muslims fighting for truth !!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Everyone has their own truth, and I speak when and where appropriate in manners appropriate, I do not force my religion down anyone's throat, I will however answer questions in respectful manner when asked. It is none of my business what others believe. The Quran clearly states it is Allah who guides, not men....

I rather believe Allah, and prefer not to make my own rules.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Everyone has their own truth, and I speak when and where appropriate in manners appropriate, I do not force my religion down anyone's throat, I will however answer questions in respectful manner when asked. It is none of my business what others believe. The Quran clearly states it is Allah who guides, not men....

I rather believe Allah, and prefer not to make my own rules.

i get the feeling you just want to debate this issue , but its not going to happen , because we share the same views , i am just confused at why your being so hostile ? you must have a big misunderstanding of what i was trying to do ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No, I do not want to debate you, I want to state my piece and you leave me alone! No more trying to get me involved in your blatant attempts at demonizing my religion. I am having NONE of it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No, I do not want to debate you, I want to state my piece and you leave me alone! No more trying to get me involved in your blatant attempts at demonizing my religion. I am having NONE of it!

what !? did i ask you to come here and post ? you were the one accusing me ! how was i getting you involved ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I truly don't think he intended to portray your religion in a negative light at all (I am not muslim).

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

you have not read the U2U he sent me, apparently he is upset with my views on the matter in general.
edit on 19-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

you have not read the U2U he sent me

You are correct. And since I'm not in possession of all the facts, I will now shut up.

Happy Tuesday to you both.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

you have not read the U2U he sent me, apparently he is upset with my views on the matter in general.
edit on 19-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

i stated to you in the u2u everything i have stated in my OP , i did not say anything bad !? please feel free to post them !

of course i am upset ! you ! are the one who accused me of being a lover of extremism and terrorism! this whole thread is because ! you ! did a good job at making me feel bad in the U2U messages !!!!! let's post them for the folks on ATS to judge !!!!!
edit on 19-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'll just say, politics suck. They suck in real life, and in the virtual world as well. No two things have caused more pain and sorrow for man than religion and politics. One day when we can transcend these needless distractions, we shall find true joy in humanity.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The only people who need to say sorry for something like this are the people who support Western terrorism.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

did i ever say anything bad about Islam ? i constantly protect it here on ATS , and know this that i never once used the name of the prophet ! during my interview ! and when are you ever fighting for the truth ! on the forums ? !!!! i never see you ! infact!!!! i see non Muslims fighting for truth !!!!!!!

No, you're wrong there. OpinionatedB HAS fought for the truth on the forums. That's where I first ran into her. In the thread where I first saw her, I gained 3 "foes" as I recall. It was a knock-down drag out, and as I may have mentioned, I don't mind kicking a few bar stools over every now and then, and yup, I was kicking bar stools there, too.. She fought. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it never happened.

Wanna see the scars?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Boy, there's some Kranky posts here, Gotta stay out of this thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

i stated to you in the u2u everything i have stated in my OP , i did not say anything bad !? please feel free to post them !

NO!

Don't be posting U2U's in a public forum. They are private communications and it's a T+C violation to post them. Either work out your problems in private or public, but don't be posting private communications in public.

Here's the deal.

OpinionatedB is a Muslim, of the Shi'a branch. You, I take it, are a Muslim as well, of what branch I have no idea. The initial party was linked to AQ, which i could see how some Muslims might take offense to, considering the amount of BS they put up with after AQ threw it's little party.

To be honest, i can't see where a Muslim would be going with that, depending on the variety of Muslim we're talking about. Are you a Wahabbi, or what? I can think of one other motivation that I won't post here. it's nothing bad, but it might ruin the surprise if that's what you've got in mind.

feel free to u2U me if there's something I've not thought of that you'd prefer to not go public with yet.

No, I won't post them. What happens in U2U STAYS in U2U.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

The only people who need to say sorry for something like this are the people who support Western terrorism.

ORLY?

Which brand of "terrorism" do you support, then? There has to be one you support, since you specified another to demonize to differentiate it out.

Otherwise, there would be no need to distinguish one brand of terrorism from another. they're ALL terrorism!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Boy, there's some Kranky posts here, Gotta stay out of this thread.

Yeah, there are.

they draw me like a fly to crap!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join