It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6/19/ 12 Ron Paul To Wolf Blitzer: There Is ‘No Way’ I Am Ready To Endorse Mitt Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
First words from the MAN.
Also talks about the lawyers and their case .

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
good, now these fools can stop calling him a sell out

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul all the way!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
romney is going around saying he's going to make everybody rich. that's basically his campaign platform.

have americans not learned anything. he's not going to make you rich. the only one going to get filthy rich are himself and his buddies. nothing is going to change if he gets elected.

all that's going to change is wolf blitzer proclaiming the recession is over. the economy is great. and everybody will cheer, but in reality your lives will remain relatively unchanged, except for your mood, which was manipulated in the first place.

gas prices will still go up, but you'll happily pay it because the economy is "good". one thing that won't change is your salary or you receiving a substantial raise.

another thing that won't change is the rate at which retail monopolies raise their prices every quarter.

it's a shame that civil disobedience has been regulated to death. you are now confined to fenced off portions the authorities allot you. if not, you are a bad american.

think about that. civil disobedience by its very nature is people overthrowing the authority that they gave their government in the first place. they cannot regulate it and if you obey it, its ceases to be civil disobedience, but compliance.
edit on 19-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What the critics don't get is that the movement created by Ron Paul is only just beginning.
He's hardly sold out.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My perspective from the interview is that Ron Paul wants a spot at the RNC, and the conservative party doesn't want to give it to him. Thus, he refuses to give Romney his endorsement.Truth be told, he all but conceded Romney had the nomination. What are the motives for continuing this run when the nomination has been determined? One) the above mentioned. Two) Maybe he's still considering the possibility of running independent.I'm not claiming one way or another. I'm just trying to read between the lines with the odd twists and turns this story has been taking the past couple of weeks. From this interview it surely didn't sound like a Ron Paul spot at the RNC is a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This situation with Ron and Rand Paul is quite similar to the case of Ben Franklin and his son, William. Ben and William had been very close, and during their time as envoys in England, old Ben helped William get his own political career going and was instrumental in gaining William key appointments- the NJ governorship, if I remember correctly. Then, when the growing tensions and political intrigues left Ben betrayed, undermined and falsely accused by the English and all hope of fair negotiations gone, William sided with the Loyalists against his father for the sake of his own political ambitions. The English no doubt expected Ben to back down for the sake of his son's career, but it didn't happen that way. Ben stuck to his principles, even though it meant a permanent estrangement from his son.

Of course, Ben was a bit more harsh with William than I'd expect Ron to be with Rand. Ben actually sent William a bill for the cost of raising him. But the similarities are striking. I greatly admire Ron Paul for sticking to his principles. I think the Bilderbergers expected that if they turned Rand then Ron would back down.

I'm so relieved to hear that he is not playing into that. I really needed some good news today. Thanks, Ron.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Where are the nay sayers and all the anti-Paulites.
It's amazing they never want to address the truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Ask and ye shall receive.

Blitzer then asked Rep. Paul: “I assume you’ve reconciled yourself with the fact that Romney will be your party’s nominee?”

“Well, it looks like he has the delegates, yes,” Paul conceded, “but he doesn’t have the control of the hearts and minds of the people.”

Paul flat out states Romney is the nominee.

“If you get a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, that would be significant. I assume you agree?” Blitzer added.

“I think so,” Paul said. “I think that i would probably take care of the opportunity if i could give my speech.”

Paul gave them the price of his selling out, they just haven't been willing to pay as much as he asked.

Are you glad I addressed the truth?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you.
What don't you understand , just by making assumptions, .
Wolf asked are you ready and Paul said No way.
But most trolls read into it anyway they want.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Blitzer then asked Rep. Paul: “I assume you’ve reconciled yourself with the fact that Romney will be your party’s nominee?”

“Well, it looks like he has the delegates, yes,” Paul conceded, “but he doesn’t have the control of the hearts and minds of the people.”

“If you get a primetime speaking venue at the Republican convention, that would be significant. I assume you agree?” Blitzer added.

“I think so,” Paul said. “I think that i would probably take care of the opportunity if i could give my speech.”

Paul gave them the price of his selling out, they just haven't been willing to pay as much as he asked.

Your comprehension skills are lacking, how do you get "Paul flat out states Romney is the nominee." from "it looks like he has the delegates" .... ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Ron Paul to sell out for a prime-time speech?
Now I've heard it all!

When Ron Paul announced he wasn't going to actively campaign did anyone remember him telling his supporters to keep the fight going? I do.

I'll just paraphrase, but when asked about the lawsuit, he stated it wasn't part of the campaign. He also said he's not going to say don't do it.

When asked is Romney won fair & square, he stated there was no reason to believe he cheated...but earlier he stated that there were times when the other side hasn't followed the rules. To me it sounds like they know Romney cheated but are leaving it up to the supporters to take up the fight. Very smart.

When RP says he doesn't have control of the hearts and minds of the people, he is clearly telling you what he expects to happen at the convention! You really think he FLAT-OUT says Romney is the nominee?

Just a couple more things you probably missed as well...

Endorse Romney; NO WAY!

About a speech at the RNC; I don't have enough delegates...time might solve all those questions.

Ron Paul still needs two more states with a plurality of delegates. This is why the GOP and The Romney camp are doing everything in their power to stop this from happening. This is just one of the reasons the campaign has "laid-low" during the state conventions.

I actually have to feel good about your post. If this is an example of a typical Romney supporter, first off I'm not surprised. Second, we might just win this thing!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

How about you not cherry pick one piece and look at my full quote. He is asked by Wolf Blitzer “I assume you’ve reconciled yourself with the fact that Romney will be your party’s nominee?”

His response is not no, or that has yet to be determined, his response to whether he has reconciled himself that Romney is the nominee is “Well, it looks like he has the delegates, yes,” his response is YES, he has reconciled himself with the fact Romney is the nominee. Sorry, you can not twist a YES.
edit on 20-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Looks like it...yes.

I'm sure it does look like it! lol
edit on 6/20/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
Just a couple more things you probably missed as well...

Endorse Romney; NO WAY!

You RP supporters love to distort facts. How about we look at everything in context.

“No. Not ready,” Rep. Paul replied.

“Not ready?” Blitzer pushed.

“No way.”

“What’s stopping you?” Blitzer asked, adding that “you obviously appreciate the fact he’s going to have 1,144 delegates that will put him over the top.”

“What’s it going to achieve?” Paul laughed. “I think it’s legitimate for us to continue to debate.”

Ron Paul did not say he will NEVER endore Romney, he said he is not ready. When asked why he isn't ready he responds that it won't achieve anything. Now let's look at some of his next statements, which I already quoted and you flat out ignored. How about you don't ignore it this time.

So what WILL get Ron Paul ready to endorse Romney? A primetime speaking venue. He flat out said he would take the opportunity if it was given. He flat out just stated what the price for selling out is. How about you don't ignore that part because you don't like it.

About a speech at the RNC; I don't have enough delegates...time might solve all those questions.

I don't see that in the link, can you show me where Ron Paul states that in this interview? Without any context there's no way to respond. Although my previous comments are already a response to this, he is hoping he wil be granted a prime slot to speak in exchange to support Romney.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

8:30

again, I paraphrased, but understood exactly what he said.
edit on 6/20/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Although my previous comments are already a response to this, he is hoping he wil be granted a prime slot to speak in exchange to support Romney.

You really think RP will sell-out? You're obviously new to this RP trolling. Do your homework...PA-LEASE

Did you even see his expression when he said NO WAY?

I'm done wasting my time here.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

You paraphrased and heard what you wanted, I quoted him exactly. How about you quote him exactly, maybe when you see what he said you will stop hearing what you want to hear. While you are at it address my quote where Paul stated he would flat out take the opportunity to speak if it was offered. What do you think would be asked of him in order to be offered that? Doesn't take much to put the peices together when you stop paraphrasing and making Paul say what you want him to say.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

So where's the quote saying he'd sell-out for a speaking slot? Who's hearing what they want? And I can paraphrase because I don't need to waste time writing everything down word for word in order to absorb it!

Listen, Ron Paul hasn't sold out yet. If you think he's going to throw 30+ years of the same message down the toilet for a speech at the RNC and endorse Romney, you just don't know Ron Paul and what this movement is all about.

Ron is not Rand.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hahahaha what the hell doesn't Wolf understand? When RP said no way he meant he isn't going to endorse Romney...And that is final...Wolf is an idiot, he lacks comprehension big time...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join