It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Tax Deduction for Horse Exceeds Average U.S. Household Income

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by Nite_wing

Yes, Romney worked very hard for his fortune, considering he inherited most of it, then helped start a venture capital firm that basically bought up companies and fired people so they could make a profit. Yeah, he's a hard working fellow alright....

Romney gave his inheritance away after his father died. Romney was already rich (he earned it) and donated the estate to charity. Are these facts too bold for you?

edit on 20-6-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
WOW, the twisted thinking about this is just stupid.

If Romney and the rest or the rich use hobby businesses and other means to avoid paying taxes on income means

The money comes from somewhere and it is either add to the national debt of someone else in the system has to pay more..

I think many posters don't understand that like the "Bush Tax cuts" the money to replace funds lost to tax cuts have to come from somewhere. And it doesn't come from the people who actually have the money to manipulate the tax system.

Lastly, deductions create so much inefficancy in our business community as companies waste money for tax thwart tax liability.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

ann romney has MS, not scoliosis ya big dummy..
sucks not being rich doesn't it?
jealosy is a biiiaaaaaacccccch

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The stench of envy is heavy in this thread.

FYI morons, a tax deduction does not mean the "taxpayer" is paying for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you think the Romney tax adviser didn't think it was a legitimate deduction he would not have taken it.
Anyone is this country that doesn't take every tax break they are entitled to is considered a fool.

If you think her riding horses is a lame excuse for treatment of MS you are mistaken.

Dr. Robert Shuman and Dr. Janice Schwartz in their book, Understanding Multiple Sclerosis: A Handbook for Families (Charles Scribner's Sons, 1988). "There is a network of horseback riding programs for the physically challenged. Many people with MS find that riding builds back abdominal muscles, strengthens weak legs, and is a terrific source of self-confidence."

www.firelady40.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I can deduct the cost of feeding and caring for horses?
Sweet...

I will certainly be checking into that....

If you think her riding horses is a lame excuse for treatment of MS you are mistaken.

I have to agree, my wife (who has a bad back, including Fibromyalgia), finds it extremely therapeutic.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join