It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xinhua picture of Liu Yang appears to be doctored

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Ok i would certainly go along with this being doctored, i did notice the head was slightly bigger to fit the second image but other than that its absolutely identical

But the question remains... for what purposes?

Maybe they thought she looked more attractive (which, in the reality of things, is important -- whether we think it should be or not) in the military photo compared to the spacesuit photo.

Maybe she was frowning or something in the spacesuit picture, and the Public Relations department of the Chinese space agency thought it didn't look good, so they copy/pasted in the smiling, attractive face.

edit on 6/20/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What incredible and very very interesting discovery!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Recent image from inside the Chinese space station:

Some more pics of the mission here:

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

That's actually quite

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
Same reason teams have baseball players photos doctored with their new team's uniform on.

Someone needed a photo of her in a space suit, couldn't find one so they made due. There isn't a conspiracy here.

Yeah, I don't see an intent to deceive, is there was in the old Soviet cosmonaut photo forgeries.

I've been advised by people who have worn them, that these cabin spacesuits ['Sokol' in Russian program] ply havoc with hair, and nobody's hair would look so good after crawling into one.

One possible other explanation -- she was a last-minute addition to the crew and there just wasn't time for an in-spacesuit session.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Seemed like nostalgia all over again:

“Cosmonauts and Cosmo-NOTS -- the history of Soviet space photographic forgeries and the lessons for the future.” In the early years of the Space Age, the Russians retouched dozens of photos of their cosmonauts to conceal unflattering information about accidents, setbacks, and misbehavior -- but Western investigators (led by Oberg) found original versions of the images and tracked down what the erased cosmonauts had really done, or had done to them.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Recent image from inside the Chinese space station:

Coffee-spitting-on-keyboard time, fer shoor.

Well done!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Man isn't china the same place that doctored a photo of workers on the street?
And the funny thing is, they actually went to the place, but they photoshopped it as if they didnt

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join