It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it legal to kill a police officer if they are endangering your life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Legal, yes.
Harshly punishable, yes.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by 8fl0z

Does it really matter? If a cop is going to kill you wouldn't you worry about legal ramifications after you stop him?

Exactly. He could be a cop, priest, or santa claus if he's about to kill me I'm going to do my best to get him first the consequences if I'm still alive are secondary

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know, it sucks a lot that this has to be asked.

It sucks because it's your responsibility to stay alive and protect yourself no matter what.

It sucks because the public at large views all cops as saints and any non-cop in a room with a cop as a criminal no matter what. You could just be talking to a buddy who happens to have a badge and the typical passer-by wonders what you did wrong. So you'll have one hell of an uphill battle in the courtroom.

It sucks because cops are ignorant. Not in some demeaning name-calling way (though that does apply frighteningly widely) but because they just grunt and follow their orders. So when they kick in the door of a wrong address or because of some anonymous "tip" or because of a "SWAT-ting" prank, and you answer the hostile action of some unknown trespassers with a thirty rounder everybody loses and it isnt necessarily because the cops were "bad." They were just doing what some bureaucracy told them to do.

It just sucks. This world we live in where paper pushing imbeciles can send armed troops with halos over their heads to kick in any door they feel like is wrong. But it's America today. Will anything be done about it? Sure. More troops are hired everyday. More munitions are handed out everyday. They # up and kill your family and the bureaucratic solution is to increase their numbers and justifiable excuses for action.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
At the current time, this is being discussed in other places on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join