It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mubarack is dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
it seems like he may not be dead

"Hosni Mubarak is clinically dead,'' the official MENA news agency reported. "Medical sources told MENA his heart had stopped beating and did not respond to defibrillation.'' However the General Mamdouh Shahin of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces said the reports were incorrect. "He is not clinically dead as reported, but his health is deteriorating and he is in critical condition," Shahin told CNN. A military source told Reuters Mubarak was in a coma and was on an artificial respirator.

Link

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think he unintentionally is taking one for the team. "Don't look over there, see, look at this guy, he's dead. Mission accomplished right?? You really just wanted this guy to die, right?? Don't take our military rule and evil bastard we said won the election from us. Don't fight our fine young military men and slaughter us. Those shiny tanks were given to by the US and we really like them."

I said it at the time and it is oh so true now. The Egyptian people should have made a coordinated effort to slaughter their military. As long as they have any hold on power the people will never ever be free.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Damn straight! Those tanks only came from one place. When they are rolling through the streets, you know what time it is.

Slaughter the Military? ...all that proves is that you are the problem, not the solution...military signs up with the understanding they may lose their lives. When people that want to kill them...what were they told when they signed up?

Probably a lie. a lie they believe and then repeated to others.

Mubarak, if his health improves...Life in prison is his gift.

it will make no difference to the Military, who are immortal...and will live forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Hey as long as you use it for the power of good

I do understand though. I am also not so sure there is such a power as that but in some cases one could only hope

Raist

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry!!

I jumped the gun. It was reported as him dead, initially.

MODS! Please change title

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As far as Middle East dictators go, Mubarak is proved to be more pragmatic and less harsh than many. Chances are that many in Egypt, including some that wished him gone, will ultimately miss him. So much for pragmatic rule in the ME - here come the shambles of a failed democracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

that's why Mubarak will always be to the world and to me:

THE VELVET DICTATOR.

Velvet being more desirable than a Leather or perhaps a Denim Dictator.

but less desirable than the Silk or perhaps the Rayon dictator.

edit on 20-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ah the good die young.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
i guess only the medical staff know for sure. Is there a reason they would want to bring him back?

Because they are a Medical staff and their oath is to save lives?

A very odd question.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes, slaughter them. There are simply those people that "do". If you ever have it in mind that some unknown person or God is gonna come in and save you then you are disillusioned. Think some empowered government or wealthy person is going to just decide to be a "good" benevolent being? Most of these folks didn't achieve their position by being nice. I put good in quotes because very few people are good. They are only acting out in the capacity that they are allowed. Take a poor man and empower him with wealth and watch his internal cry for justice melt away. Take a rich man and make him broke then watch his doubts grow over "might is right".

Military people are mostly for doing one thing, killing other people at the behest of somebody with slightly higher rank than themselves. There is the Civil War, the Bonus Army (no death, but routed like scum), and other notable instances. Any military would very easily kill its own citizens. Reality is something other than idealistic thoughts.

The Egyptian people should have broken their military and taken control of it. Otherwise there was death, pain, and suffering for nothing. They gained nothing by leaving the cancer in place and they are being slowly corralled back into the pen.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes, apparently he is still alive although it doesn't look like it's for long:

www.mercurynews.com...

CAIRO -- Egypt's state news agency said Tuesday that Hosni Mubarak has suffered a stroke, and prison officials said he is likely to be moved out of his prison hospital to a military facility nearby.

State TV said the 84-year-old ousted president, who is serving a life prison sentence, was in a "critical" condition and has been placed on a respirator. The state news agency MENA said earlier Mubarak's heart stopped and a defibrillator was used to restart it.

It later reported that the prison authority has called in his doctors to treat his stroke in "a fast deterioration of his health" and that they were giving him medications to break up blood clots.

A prison official said doctors reported that Mubarak has fallen unconscious. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. He said the prison authorities are considering moving him to the military hospital nearby in Maadi, a suburb near Torah Prison where he is held.

I don't know how you got that from what the article actually says:

CAIRO -- Egypt's state-run news agency said ousted strongman Hosni Mubarak is "clinically dead" after he suffered a stroke, though other top officials said he was in critical condition but remained alive.
MENA, the state news agency, said doctors were unable to revive Mubarak with a defibrillator.
An Interior Ministry spokesman said Mubarak has been moved from prison to a military hospital after he suffered a stroke and his condition rapidly worsened.
The spokesman, Alaa Mahmoud, said the 84-year-old Mubarak was moved by ambulance from the hospital in Torah Prison to nearby Maadi Hospital in southern Cairo. The military facility is where Mubarak's predecessor Anwar Sadat was declared dead after being shot by Islamic extremists in 1981.
Earlier, the state news agency said Mubarak's health condition rapidly deteriorated, when he suffered a stroke and his heart stopped briefly. Mubarak was sentenced to life in prison on June 2 for failing to stop the killing of protesters in last year's uprising that led to his ouster.

The two articles are conflicting. One says he's clinically dead the other says he's in critical condition. One says the use of the defibrillator was unsuccessful the other says it was successful. The article I posted above also says that they are giving him medication to break up blood clots (probably something you wouldn't want to bother with if someone was dead).

See my highlight in the article I posted (with link). That's how I got that from the article.
edit on 19/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

It's not two articles though. I quoted everything that was in the link you provided. What you put was different from what the article said so I was confused as to why yours was different

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join