It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 2 - My opinion on UFOs as a research scientist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

Have looked into the O'hare 2006 sighting? One of the more convincing in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries

Originally posted by IMSAM
Yes i googled you post doc

Prove you are who you say you are then continue with your post

till then you are a troll for me

show us your laurels and credentials

There. The fact that you were dead wrong speaks to your reasoning abilities. Nobody else had a problem with this. Now, go ahead and get a life.

Yeah I got a problem with your opinion! you never bothered to do a field study... with abductees... as your subject! No abductees... all you're left with is trolling!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Please continue posting, i find your thoughts very interesting and would enjoy hearing more.
Just because it doesnt fit everyones beliefs doesnt mean it is not plausible.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Anyone else seeing the irony? People post videos of flares and lanterns all day to a hundred posts about what type of E.T craft it is, then some enthusiastic scientist (scientists exist in real life, you know) comes here to show support for the UFO phenomenon and give his opinion, and he's lambasted for credentials and proof?

LOL. Okay ATS, you win.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Have looked into the O'hare 2006 sighting? One of the more convincing in my opinion.

Yes, I know that one pretty well. I consider that one good, but I had to leave it because no more information seemed to come along. Have you heard anything more recent on the sighting?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by SpookyVince

If you want to accept the claims of someone on the internet at face value be my guest

I d like some evidence before i accept anyone who says he s a phd doctor etc

In which case he provided.

Would you believe me if i told you i m the head of the cia posting in these forums?

Dont expect me to believe who op says he is.Thats why i asked for proof.No point in debating with someone if he turns out to be a troll in the end
I don't know what credentials have to do with anything. Maybe your frustration is that his post reads like pretentious drivel?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

about your post...one thing that really stands out to ME is how many times you say I and MY. a PhD is great and you get to put those letters after your name ....if you want ....and you get to call yourself Dr....if you want.

but man, the amount of self importance reflected in both of your threads...to start off a thread with "as a PhD bla bla bla..." jeeez it's really hard to read....let me rephrase that..it is really hard for ME to read because I was married to one of those narcissitic PhDs...a psychologist no less.

maybe tone it down a bit. You are not a UFO research scientist. You are just some dude who has read some books and posts on a forum and flaunts a PhD. did you really photo copy that thing and post it here? was it really THAT important.

thanks for standing in for the ex-wife!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Hey, you are the expert. You do the research. My link to the nice video of lenticular clouds was positively Reithian in it's qualities - more so than anything you have contibuted so far, yet it got trashed. the injustice!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What do you think about The Trumbull County, Ohio, incident witnessed by multiple police officers?

On ufocasebook:
www.ufocasebook.com...

There're numerous TV shows that have covered this case. One of them is shown in that link.

I was a teenager when I first saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries (1994-1997 somewhere). In my opinion, this episode is best because it shows the witnesses only a few years after the event. I'm unable to find it on youtube so maybe it was pulled off for copyright reasons. A quick google didn't yield anything either. But patiently wading through the episode list might find it.
edit on 24-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries
they accused me of being a troll

After reading your explanation I take my statement back, sorry!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I've been following your posts for quite some time, and although I am intrigued by them and agree with your assessment of the UFO phenomenon to a certain extent, I disagree with the way you came across to some people. It's a very honorable to be a PhD, but you come across to people as if you know much more than they do and they know nothing simply because of the PhD, which isn't really at all related to UFO's. It is only understandable this will leave a sour taste in most people's mouths who would otherwise agree with you. Also, you really shouldn't have posted your a photocopy of your doctorate. There was really no point in doing that, as the people who don't believe you will still think you're a fraud and will find some excuse as to why it is fake.

Despite this, I am glad to see more and more scientists are starting to take the topic of UFO's more seriously.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I for one commend the OP for having the courage to come out on a highly viewed forum and go public that he is in any way at all interested and has views on the UFO situation.We must never forget that there are sources out there who will go to any lengths to keep the UFO subject in the loony camp and keep it there.Blue Book and its final conclusions painted the picture of "nothing to see hear folks of the scientific and media worlds so move along now" and that the UFO situation was no threat to national security and easily explainable.

The more people of the OPs credentials that take a genuine and serious interest the better and if it leads to a more credible perception of the UFO subject from not only the scientific establishment but the public's too then it should be welcomed and not lambasted .He had every right to post his credentials when challenged , if he did not then cries of hoaxer ect would have rained down on him.Defense is the best for of attack.Well done OP for going public with your views and hopeful;y it will encourage more who only view but never post in the UFO section of this forum.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join