It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Do you believe in the great flood & Noah's Ark

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Something that might get overlooked when we argue about the historical plausibility of Bible stories: the purpose of the Bible is to learn who we are, who God is, what is the purpose of life, etc. A child reading about Noah's ark internalizes subtle truths about the personality of God in a deeper way than is possible with literal facts, examples, logic, etc. I'm sure there were Jews in concentration camps who took strength from those Bible stories at times.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was going to reply, but pretty much the majority of what I was going to post has been posted. OP, go read the sites, and watch the video's, THEN tell us what you think.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
To make it easier, I'll itemize my answers

1. Yes it happened.
2. How did they fit on the ark? Well it was a miracle.
3. The flood story has been mentioned by MANY cultures independent of the others. Out of all of the Bible stories, it's the one that we can definitely say happened.

To make it even easier, I too will itemize my answers
1. Yes, a local flood in the Mesopotamian Valley really happened.
2. How did it all fit on the "Ark?" Because what it was was not physical animals, it was a DNA database.
3. Yes, it happened, many Cultures have a flood story. But there are many differing theories, and no one knows exactly how it went, and the aftermath. All we have is vague memories.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

A room with pitches within and without sounds like a merkabah to me! In the 600th year? Did they measure time differently back then, Noah could be humanity, and a year a generation! Scriptures, (script)? The bible has passages in it.? Hmmm. A passage leads to somewhere? A way through? Clues are either everywhere, or everyone is making it up?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

- Geological evidence shows that the water formed 'chalk layer' is universal around the whole world
- The databank doesn't explain how the genetic information was combined to form a zygote that developed to maturity as there is no wombs to implant the zygote into
- archeological evidence shows it occurred from the Bible version as Noah's Ark was discovered (watch the vid posted)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

The Great Flood and Noah's Ark really happened. Do you think Moses just made parts of Genesis up? I find it hard to believe that someone can actually claim to be a Christian and not believe the flood story.

Unless they were a new believer and hadn't studied the Bible at all. Jesus believed in the fact of Noah's Ark so someone who claims otherwise is calling Jesus a liar.

And that's all that needs to be said on this thread.
edit on 20-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by Deetermined

A room with pitches within and without sounds like a merkabah to me! In the 600th year? Did they measure time differently back then, Noah could be humanity, and a year a generation! Scriptures, (script)? The bible has passages in it.? Hmmm. A passage leads to somewhere? A way through? Clues are either everywhere, or everyone is making it up?

The verse is talking about covering the gopher wood with pitch, it's not talking about pitches.

As for the 600th year, it was talking about Noah's age at the time the rain started to fall, as he lived to be around 950 years old.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

The great flood is already proven by archeaology to have happened. No belief is necessary, we know it happened for a fact. Sciences is only beginning to catch up with the Holy Bible. Turns out that book isn't just some bedouin's bullsh*t campfire stories.

See my signature link "Archeaology proves the truth of the Holy Bible", you'd be surprised at the evidence coming out of Israel the secular world is trying to squash.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Jauk3

The great flood is already proven by archeaology to have happened. No belief is necessary, we know it happened for a fact. Sciences is only beginning to catch up with the Holy Bible. Turns out that book isn't just some bedouin's bullsh*t campfire stories.

See my signature link "Archeaology proves the truth of the Holy Bible", you'd be surprised at the evidence coming out of Israel the secular world is trying to squash.

Which flood did they prove the flood spoken of in Genesis 1:2 or the flood of Noah in Genesis 6 and 7 ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Jauk3

Which flood did they prove the flood spoken of in Genesis 1:2 or the flood of Noah in Genesis 6 and 7 ?

Noah man. Over 1500 underwater archeaological sites have been discovered smack on the bottom of the mediteranean sea alone, remains of foundations and structures. Likewise remains of settlements have been found on the bottom of the English Channel indicating that Britain was once a part of the european landmass. Same thing for Cuba and the Bahamas. You can also include the Black Sea in this, same types of remains discovered. Then off the coast of India at the location called "Seven Temples", only one temple was found, the other temples were found by accident when the tide was low, archeaologists discovered a couple of the temples buried under the silt and sand.

The first city built by Cain was Atlantis, the city that "sank beneath the waves" as the great flood swallowed it. Remember there was supposedly a cataclysm that happened before Atlantis "sank", this cataclysm was when the waters of the Great Deep broke open. The reason why so many people theorize the Hall of Records from Atlantis is buried under the paws of the Sphinx in hidden underground chambers is because Giza is a hell of alot older than people know, because the land of Nod is actually Antediluvian Egypt and Atlantis is Giza/Cairo. The original head on the sphinx was a lion's head not a pharoah's head.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Are we assuming all animals/species/kind were fully mature examples?
Considering the apparent conditions within the ark based on detail and description of construction, wouldn't it be a perefect environemt for a type of hibernation/stasis?
Just wondering is all

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is my theory on how it happened:
Obviously (IMO), the flood story happened. It is in texts as early as the Sumerians! Not to mention all over the rest of the world.
But peep this: Did anybody ever think that it was not a boat, but a ship? Noah was an ET, or chosen by ETs. The ark was merely a genetic database that, once the flood happened, took off into the sky to be safe from harms way. You can't re populate a planet using only male or only females, so they took (or already had) DNA from 1 m/f animal, and thus they had one of each animal.
edit on 22-6-2012 by berbishchanish because: forgot an important detail!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

i think he had dna samples and stemcells of all of them. or it could all be symbolic. maybe it was animals just from the local area.

i think we wont know until we reach the afterlife

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Jauk3

The Great Flood and Noah's Ark really happened. Do you think Moses just made parts of Genesis up? I find it hard to believe that someone can actually claim to be a Christian and not believe the flood story.

Unless they were a new believer and hadn't studied the Bible at all. Jesus believed in the fact of Noah's Ark so someone who claims otherwise is calling Jesus a liar.

And that's all that needs to be said on this thread.
edit on 20-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

We are not disputing the Flood, just the vehicle that the DNA was carried in. Now way was there real beats in there.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"Two out of three Americans (64%) believe that Moses literally parted the Red Sea to allow the Israelites to escape from the Egyptians. Regionally, almost four out of five southerners (78%) accept this story as literal truth, while less than three out of five adults from other regions hold the same view (59% in the Midwest and West, 57% in the Northeast). Similarly, four out of five Protestants (79%) and three out of five Catholics (60%) embrace a literal interpretation of the Red Sea story."

Is this supposed to be odd? The United States has strongholds of different religions in different areas where that religion is the dominant force in the area.

Do I believe....? Yes, I believe in an omnipotent God. And as such, all the people on earth could stand on the head of a pin if it was His desire. You either believe in God or you don't If you don't then your answer should be you don't believe in the flood, ergo, if you believe in God, everything is possible... Just simple logic.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

I don't believe it because the story was invented out of thin air by stone age people who didn't even know the shape of the earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I don't believe it because the story was invented out of thin air by stone age people who didn't even know the shape of the earth.
reply to post by SecretUnicorn

Isaiah 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Depending upon when you believe the flood occurred (thereby calculating roughly how much later Isaiah came along:8th-7th centuary BC,) I think it's fair to say people knew the earth better than you give them credit for.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I can't buy the local flood theories - I mean there were and are local floods, but the big one is preserved in the entire sedimentary layers around the world. You can interpret them as laid down during millions of years if you want, but I think rapid deposition is at least a valid an interpretation

All you have to do is look at trilobites and aquatic dinosaurs being buried right next to a T-Rex and how everything was buried at the same time. In order for remains to become fossilized the remains has to be buried rapidly, otherwise decomp would corrode away what would be preserved and everything was buried rapidly because fossils of skin and feathers have been found. It would have had to be a worldwide cataclysm capable of killing everything immediately and burying it at the same time and a worldwide flood could do it, all that water moving trillions of tons of silt and soil and when the carcasses sank to the bottom of the water the flood waters receded and desposited the dirt ontop of the carcasses.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If you believe in Adam and Eve, you can and do believe their was a global deluge, just as all the massive variety of humans and how they look today was embedded within 2 humans genetic code. So to with the basic species preserved alive. All animals alive today can trace their heritage to the animals that came off that ark.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join