It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Do you believe in the great flood & Noah's Ark

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Also, where do supporters of this idea place dinosaurs? Do you believe as some people say that fossils are a trick played by the devil? Additionally, despite that amount of space pointed out in a later post, unless there weren't so many subspecies, you still could not possibly fill an ark with such a number.

What about animals from the other areas of the earth, such as polar bears, African cave spiders etc? We also have the race issue...Africans, Caucasians, Asians, did Noah ensure that there were also two of each race? I suppose if you believe the earth is around 6000 years old (not saying you do) God made other races before or after the flood?

Again, I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm only asking what you believe.

Best regards.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Having been through a hurricane evacuation, I can't even imagine what Noah must have felt.
He must have kissed the ground when he finally got out of that ark.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
To make it easier, I'll itemize my answers

1. Yes it happened.
2. How did they fit on the ark? Well it was a miracle.
3. The flood story has been mentioned by MANY cultures independent of the others. Out of all of the Bible stories, it's the one that we can definitely say happened.
edit on 6/19/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

The reason the flood story is in every culture is because Noah took two of all living aboard the ark , The Hebrew word for living is BASAR , Strongs H1320 and it means body , human a person by extension , nakedness. So two of all the races were aboard the boat with Noah and I am sure Noah spoke of God to them all .

This is why we have flood stories in many ancient writings and also similar stories of the garden of Eden . I have said this many times and will say it again , the churches of men purposely hide the truths of the bible . Satan has taken over all the major religions long ago and perpetuates these lies to so confusion , babel as in Babylon .

To answer the op every aspect of the bible is the truth and the word of God , it is just that Satan has twisted and omitted as much as possible to confuse man to deny God.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Yes I believe it, and can you provide the verse that says "every species" or type of animal was on the ark? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Job speaks of them, and the word "dinosaur" is a 19th century addition, they were called "dragons" before that. But read Job.

edit on 19-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
reply to post by davidchin

Then if every kind of land animal was brought on board, how do you explain the number of species we find today?

Example, every breed of dog came from a dog-like pair on the ark.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Excellent post Schuyler. You should be a writer for Cliff Notes. Now that you've answered that question...

Did God actually make the sun stand still for Joshua?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Do I believe the whole world flooded? No... because that is literally impossible,

Here your geological evidence for the global flood found in the only universals layer across the whole world the Cretaceous layer also known as the 'chalk' layer because of all the carbon carbonate sea creatures formed. Scientist admit that whatever happened in the Cretaceous layer was a worldwide extinction level event and the calcium carbonate residue remains can only form in water. The only reason the date for this is approximately 65.5 million years ago is because mainstream science can't handle admitting the Bible is correct. We already know from the Cambrian explosion that all life forms were present appearing at the same time fully formed with no trace of evolutionary development. We know from erosion rates and stalactite growth rates that the Earth is in no way as old as mainstream convention would have you believe. The Bible dates the flood event to occur around 2900 B.C. The Oldest verified living thing, trees date only to be 4840 odd year old. This fits perfectly in line with the bible.

Here is the discovery of Noah's Ark found almost 30 years ago. The Turkish Government authorities are some convinced they made a National Park out of the site (note, discovery was NOT made on Mt Ararat).

What from about the 4:30min mark

Follow up articles:
The Biblical Flood
Dinosaurs and the Flood
Fossils prove a Flood
----------------
These videos show just how ridiculous macro-evolutionary theory truly is and validates the Bible account 100%. Presentation by a Professor of Zoology.

Title: 103 - Bones in Stones
Description: The fossil record is discussed and a catastrophic origin is constrasted with the standard paradigm of evolution over long time periods. Alternative models for the apparent order in the fossil record are presented together with evidence for the sudden appearance of all life forms during the so-called "Cambrian explosion." The origins of dinosaurs, their demise are also discussed, as well as evidence for the simultaneous appearance of numerous life forms are presented in support of the Biblical model.
www.youtube.com...

104 - Where Mammals Reigned
Description: In this lecture, the ice ages are discussed and reasons for mammalian distribution and appearance in the upper portion of the geological column are presented. The evolution of man and the time constraints in terms of recolonization of the post flood Earth are also discussed.
www.youtube.com...

105 - The Genes of Genesis
Description: Darwinism and natural selection as models for the evolution of life are contrasted with origin by design. Biochemical evolution, specialization, and the origin of variety are presented in full multimedia format. This fascinating lecture includes examples of irreducible complexity, discusses the core of genetic problems involved in the evolutionary process, and is presented in simple terms so that even non-scientists can understand the principles involved.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Further contribution to the species vs kinds debate
"Species" versus "Kind"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Hebrew Egyptian exodus and Red sea crossing confirmed.

The Spade Unearths the Truth
Description: This video takes us on a fascinating walk through the ages. Archaeological evidence in support of Scripture is presented tracing evidence for the long-disputed stories of the Exodus and the existence of long-forgotten cities and archaeological finds such as the Ebla tablets.

(can what from the 8min mark onwards)

Corresponding article based on video info Egypt and the Bible

Red Sea Crossing:
(can watch from 8 mins in)

Corresponding article on the Red Sea crossing

Location and topography of crossing point

The Chariot wheels of the Egyptian army found all along crossing location, from one side to the other.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So if Noah only took one of every "kind" of animal, where did the rest of the 8.7million species come from? They can't have possibly evolved right? If god just made them appear again after the flood then why didn't he just do that for all the species instead of bothering with the ark?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
It does not say that every species was brought on board. It says every "kind" of land creature.

That's because the word species did not exist. "Kind" is subjective to your own interpretation, if you take it to mean one of every genus, family, order or class then still need to explain the sudden appearance of all the other species or families etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Jauk3

Its theoretically impossible to get two of every animal from across the globe into one ship of the size that is stated in the bible...

I would agree, but the Bible doesn't say 2 of every animal, it says 2 of every KIND. There wouldn't be 2 german shepards, 2 poodles, 2 rottweillers etc. You can breed out every species of dog through 2 wolves.

And theres no proof a global flood ever happened... so if the "story" is true... it was likely a local flood.

I guess if there really was a worldwide flood, you would expect to see billions of dead things burried in sedimentary rock layers laid down by water all over the Earth, along with massive coal deposits formed by entire forests being burried. There should be massive quatities of oil, and natural gas created by rapidly burried masses of living creatures too.... but we don't see any of those things

Theres also no way Noah would be able to take care of and control all of these animals in such a confined space for 40 days and 40 nights...

It was more like a year, and whose to say most of them didnt hybernate?

This topic has been done to death on ATS, and rebutted logically pretty much every time. If you really want info on the subject matter, I suggest you check out a site such as answersingenesis.org, as opposed to ATS. If not, methinks some members are just confirming my signature.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought about this story a little while ago and had to put in in a thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Noah, knower.
Ark, arc, spark.
Like in the film Evan almighty. It dose not have to be a flood of water, why not energys that trigger knowledge and awareness.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

The only issue I have with this is that in recent years, older trees have been found in Sweden, one of which is carbon dated to be over 9,000 years old.

Clicky

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
To all: I'm glad everyone is being civil, as this is not an easy subject for most people to discuss without getting frustrated. While I find myself more on the side of evolution, I am always appreciative that creationists are willing to discuss it and provide their sources for just about any question.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

DNA bank.

[/end thread]

Also, I would like to point out that the last MALE common ancestor, nick-named y-chromosomal Adam, lived several thousand years after Eve. As did Noah.

reply to post by Wifibrains

And I doubt English linguistic coincidences have anything to do with ancient history.

RRFTP
edit on 2012/6/20 by rrftp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rrftp

Well it makes scence to me. And ties in with now. Forget about the past, don't worry about the future, these old stories are talking about now.. They knew back then, that there is only now. Everything happens at the same time... It's hard to perseive this I know. . Here's another.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Thanks, I'll check out the videos this evening

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Most Christians I know don't take that story literally. Why do you believe Christians do? You may have some fundamentalist sects who believe the Bible literally, but most Christians take those stories with a grain of salt. They know it is mythology. They know many Biblical stories are allegories or metaphors.

From looking at the responses on this thread, I don't think "most" Christians agree with you.

In my opinion, metaphorical stories don't include details like these:

Genesis 6:14-16

14) Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15) And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16) A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

As for a theory on where all of the water came from, maybe we should look a little further into the Bible:

Genesis 7:11

11) In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

"Vast Water Reservoir Discovered Deep in Earth’s Mantle"

www.redorbit.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join