It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England Till I Die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ENGLAND TILL I DIE
I'm England Till I Die
I'm Know I am I'm sure I am
I'm England Till I Die

1-0 England vs Ukraine

Rooney 47 mins
edit on 19-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

as im watching the euro cup and from what i remember from the world cup, i feel bad for you in that you have put your heart into a losing team, now im sure they will beat Ukraine, but they don't have what it takes to win it all, im thinking Spain or Germany.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Get in there

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Bixxi3

as im watching the euro cup and from what i remember from the world cup, i feel bad for you in that you have put your heart into a losing team, now im sure they will beat Ukraine, but they don't have what it takes to win it all, im thinking Spain or Germany.

Trolling a light hearted sports thread.

I guess you like to jump from winning team to winning team.
No loyalty what so ever huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
See I'm confused at my self, I'm English and LOVE football, but England don't get my juices flowing for some reason
I think I give up on them after the world cup lol.

UNITED TILL I DIE!

I'm watchin the game though, we should have this one in the bag, Ukraine actually had a goal that John Terry "cleared* should be 1-1

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

not trolling just talkin ball, by the replays you do know this game should be tied, England got lucky on the offical error, but the way England plays they need all the help they can get, no disrespect to england itself, but there team needs help, go Deutschland!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

not trolling just talkin ball, by the replays you do know this game should be tied, England got lucky on the offical error, but the way England plays they need all the help they can get, no disrespect to england itself, but there team needs help, go Deutschland!!!!

Of course we do, the new manager has only been in charge 4 weeks "time is needed" but he's won 7 games on the trot 4 of them being in the Euro 2012 in which we just topped the group to qualify, were not expecting much more from this team they have already done much better than everybody in the country expected,

We have a long way to go to be firing on all cylinders tho,

edit on 19-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

LETR THERE BE A RIOT IN THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good luck England, greetings from the Netherlands.
We didn't do very well this year.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We did get rather lucky, it does have to be said. Ukraine should've been given a goal which could have potentially turned the game right around and who would have thought that France would lose to Sweden as well, especially after going 24 games unbeaten?..

No complaints though of course and sure, I do doubt that we have enough to win the tournament but It's great that we managed to get to the next round and avoid Spain.. and who knows how far we can really go here. After all, who would have thought that Chelsea would win the Champions League? Just saying..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Considering I didn't think we'd even make it out of the group stage. I'm pretty happy with that result. We do make it so difficult for ourselves. I don't think we have much chance of winning it. We need a total change in our style of football. Starting with the how we coach kids. For too long under 11's have been running around on full size pitches with size five balls. Then in the English league, homegrown talent is overlooked for overseas players. Until we sort these things out we won't be winning any tournaments.

We need to follow what other nations like Spain and Germany have done, rather than stick with this English style.

We need players who feel comfortable on the ball who can keep possession. At the moment we give the ball away too cheaply and lack ideas.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
U.S. calling, because you need to give us another 10 years..

Seriously though, I have always cheered on England above others on any FIFA/UEFA competition. I grew up in a family where my brothers played footie over here in high school...a decade or so ago..and it was brutal attack for them from others that they were doing so as it were some female sport...

We're premier league watchers and my young nephew cried in last World Cup when England lost--poor boy was only 4 yrs. old at the time, lol

Cheering is different than betting though.
For the finals, I am predicting: 1. Germany, 2. Spain (with Portugal as the dark horse).

Still, money aside, I would love to see England take the Euro this year!

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Then in the English league, homegrown talent is overlooked for overseas players.

You make good points. But then again, it's all about the money. Overseas players will play for much less--initially, that is until you get a Ronaldo, Nasri, etc.

Oh, and congrats to Wayne Rooney!
Nice to see him off the sideline.

edit on 19-6-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Considering I didn't think we'd even make it out of the group stage. I'm pretty happy with that result. We do make it so difficult for ourselves. I don't think we have much chance of winning it. We need a total change in our style of football. Starting with the how we coach kids. For too long under 11's have been running around on full size pitches with size five balls. Then in the English league, homegrown talent is overlooked for overseas players. Until we sort these things out we won't be winning any tournaments.

We need to follow what other nations like Spain and Germany have done, rather than stick with this English style.

We need players who feel comfortable on the ball who can keep possession. At the moment we give the ball away too cheaply and lack ideas.

i had a feeling they would make it out of group and i think they have a good chance at the Olympics for sure, if they take full advantage of there home field, and get there head out of there arse!!! lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
U.S. calling, because you need to give us another 10 years..

Seriously though, I have always cheered on England above others on any FIFA/UEFA competition. I grew up in a family where my brothers played footie over here in high school...a decade or so ago..and it was brutal attack for them from others that they were doing so as it were some female sport...

We're premier league watchers and my young nephew cried in last World Cup when England lost--poor boy was only 4 yrs. old at the time, lol

Cheering is different than betting though.
For the finals, I am predicting: 1. Germany, 2. Spain (with Portugal as the dark horse).

Still, money aside, I would love to see England take the Euro this year!

your prediction coincides with mine, i would like to see England do something some day when they get a new squad, the present one doesn't seem to have any impact, it would be cool to see the inventors of the game win something in this era, but my money is defiantly on duetchland they have been building a great team since before Africa 2010 and have veterans that know what there doing, i am American but German runs deep in my blood, i cant wait for America to do something on the world stage, but as a player, admirer, fan of soccer Germany is the future in my opinion, i was just talking to my bro and I was saying Portugal is the wild card, they can win this out of nowhere, just got to get there sh*t together and get a lucky call or two

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

[your prediction coincides with mine, i would like to see England do something some day when they get a new squad, the present one doesn't seem to have any impact, it would be cool to see the inventors of the game win something in this era, but my money is defiantly on duetchland they have been building a great team since before Africa 2010 and have veterans that know what there doing, i am American but German runs deep in my blood, i cant wait for America to do something on the world stage, but as a player, admirer, fan of soccer Germany is the future in my opinion, i was just talking to my bro and I was saying Portugal is the wild card, they can win this out of nowhere, just got to get there sh*t together and get a lucky call or two

Yes, even though John Terry made an excellent play (that didn't result in the 1-1 fair score), I think it is the players like Terry, and Gerrard who are "names" that sell for the fans but if left in long enough, will be detrimental to the team in the long run. I, personally, would like to see more renegade-types like Andy Carrolls in there for more playing time.

I am a mutt with Brit, Scot, Irish, German and Dutch roots, ha, ha. But, I'm never tempermental, lol..

Germany's national team almost matches the Bayern Munich squad, right? So there is already a team built--unlike England that draws from many clubs--more predicatibility, less egos, etc. from Germany.

I guess we shall see in a matter of weeks!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

that we shall see
, either way though the powers that be of German soccer set it up this way as to have a strong team i foresee a German rane on the world of soccer

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I'm watchin the game though, we should have this one in the bag, Ukraine actually had a goal that John Terry "cleared* should be 1-1
reply to post by Sinny

And this Phantom goal should not have happened because the Ukrainian player who accepted the ball was OFF side by a country mile
It is either that or the official on the goal line is sat counting the contents of a brown paper bag

Cran

new topics

top topics

join