It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOVOSTI: "Russian Cosmonauts Have 'Alien Instructions"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
First I'd heard of this. Anybody have any details?

Russian Cosmonauts Have 'Alien Instructions'
20:44 19/06/2012 // en.rian.ru...
MOSCOW, June 19 (RIA Novosti)

The UN has developed detailed instructions in case of a first contact with aliens, Russian cosmonaut Gennady Padalka said answering a question on Chinese TV. “The UN and representatives of China have developed detailed instructions in case of the first contact,” Padalka said.
The cosmonaut shared his opinion saying that human beings are not alone in the universe. “Sooner or later we will meet our like-minded brothers,” Padalka added.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to my attention jim

it is most interesting indeed

Wonder what other instruction they have

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lmao i wannna know what the instructions are. What if the aliens have guns and threaten to shoot them all if they dont land at their moon base....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

First I'd heard of this. Anybody have any details?

Russian Cosmonauts Have 'Alien Instructions'
20:44 19/06/2012 // en.rian.ru...
MOSCOW, June 19 (RIA Novosti)

The UN has developed detailed instructions in case of a first contact with aliens, Russian cosmonaut Gennady Padalka said answering a question on Chinese TV. “The UN and representatives of China have developed detailed instructions in case of the first contact,” Padalka said.
The cosmonaut shared his opinion saying that human beings are not alone in the universe. “Sooner or later we will meet our like-minded brothers,” Padalka added.

Hi,
related link?

Scientists have developed a unique protocol for communicating with aliens.
The messaging to extraterrestrial intelligence protocol (METI) will include constraints and guidelines for signal encoding, message length, information content, IT News said.

The researchers suggested transmissions use either 1.42 GHz or 4.46 GHz frequencies to coincide with radio frequencies so that even aliens with "modest technical capabilities" could receive the message.

"Given that we know very little about the nature of extraterrestrial civilizations, if they exist, we are likely to increase the probability of us successfully communicating to them if we use a message that the recipient is likely to understand," scientists said.

OK, so now we can assume how communication can come about; now we just would be entitled the dialogue, since it is us paying for it...

I think and expect more of a network of some kind of a telepathy.
I can think my dogs back into the house, it's pretty amazing! But not 100% efficiency with a kitty in the equation, etc.

What are they really spending our money on? I hope it's not crop circles.

in re; Carl Sagan.

eta;
I was shooting for the side pocket, but scratched.
edit on (6/19/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting article, jim.
I'll search for more info about this.
(cue the cynical bunch in 3, 2, 1.....)

Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Haven't we had a plan for decades?
This isn't the first time they thought about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I really hope the aliens aren't "like minded".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
so what about the Binary Code crop circle that was discovered in the UK some years ago..was it a hoax? because i would consider that the first contact if indeed it is real..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It does sound like a more reasonable approach to the situation if there is to be any progress in understanding than NASA's 'stay on vector' policy.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Isn't this another one of those UN prepare for all situations ..Errr..situation .
From what I've seen of the UN they have little else to do but twiddle their thumbs and came up with new security directives , of which this may be one , if true .

edit on 19-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by JimOberg

I'm a firm believer that all or most major governments know a lot more about "ETs" then they care for the general public to know about.

That said, what better way to throw another cover on it than to release a "what if it happens" scenario. Just a thought
lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Cool article, Jim. S&F!
It begs the question, what kind of protocols are in place in case such an event occurs? I wonder who would be responsible for developing such a protocol for first-contact?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatbox
so what about the Binary Code crop circle that was discovered in the UK some years ago..was it a hoax? because i would consider that the first contact if indeed it is real..

The Chilbolton message is an interesting story from start to finish. It revolves around the message we sent into space back in the 70's that explained what we are, what we are made of / genetic makeup in terms of elements (carbon), a depicitoon of our solar system, what planet we are on and the population and the bottom depicts what we used to send the messgae.

The picture you linked was their response but it was more than just that photo.

As for the topic it only makes sense we have something in place. If we remeber our history a random encounter in deep space led to years of war with the Klingon Empire

We are not alone in the universe and sooner or later we are goin to come face to face with that reality as a sociiety.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So where does this fall in with the cough cough fact, that we are already in contact with them and they steal our people and animals all the time ? In other words where does this leave the "the govt is hiding the UFO's " crowd ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Every Guard room in every barracks building, in every US base in the world has a Standard Operating Procedure Manual instructing Marines standing guard duty how to report and secure the premises during given situations. UFO crashes and landings were included.

I read this myself (since I didn't have anything better to do for the night) and this was back in 1993.
Do people really think that govt. depts. and other authoritative entities ignore and not plan for a possible unknown entity?
There are even protocols for "Divine Acts of God".

This is not newsworthy.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It does sound like a more reasonable approach to the situation if there is to be any progress in understanding than NASA's 'stay on vector' policy.

Not that notorious old baloney, jeez lou-weeez. That was a clip with capcom Story Musgrave advising the crew that the MCC was sending up 'a new state vector' [navigation data] and some clueless UFO nut imagining a wild misinterpretation of the phrase.

Stay on target, this time, please.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sure why not?.. Let the big boys tell them space people that they are here to bring democracy and freedom just like they brought it to Midle East....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've just looked at the Russian original, and it's much the same, although perhaps it implies more directly that this is a generic SETI-type policy and not a specific cosmonaut/astronaut "what if on a SPACE flight" plan.

Didn't Ed Mitchell make it clear that he was never breifed by NASA during Apollo about ANY procedures in case of encountering ETI in flight? He thought that was pretty closed-minded of them, and it might have been -- but it also suggested that it hadn't happened up to the point Mitchell left the program in 1972-3.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

...in every US base in the world has a Standard Operating Procedure Manual instructing...

I'm not trying to take your quote out of context but you're right. Every veteran knows the military has a SOP Manual for everything. Former military myself, this sentence brought back some nostalgia for me. Thanks for the little giggle

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"What's their plan son?"

"Sir?"

"Their plan. Russkies don't take a dump without a plan."

-"Hunt For Red October"

I don't find it hard to believe that they'd have something in place. I'd be very surprised if most governments and organizations around the world don't have some sort of "plan" or protocol in place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join