It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Illegal's Get Huge Government IRS Checks - forget the tax REFUND part... Caution: Blood Boiler,

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in


posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:34 AM
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

And this is why giving undocumented immigrants an ITIN number makes practical sense. So they can pay income taxes like everyone else. And, according to IRS and CBO, 50-75% are estimated to pay these Federal, State/Local taxes. For the most part, their tax burden is offset by revenue generated by the taxes they pay. You are not paying for them as much as you think. Your real tax burden = the biggest defense budget the world has ever seen, social security, medicaid, and interest on national debt. And don't fall into the trap of believing undocumented immigrants are responsible for the huge medicare bill, as many say. They are not as they don't qualify for most programs. According to Kaiser Family Foundation, the biggest expenditure on medicare/medicaid = elderly and disabled Americans.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:44 AM
reply to post by The Sword

Thank you! And I completely agree. I believe if people were little more objective and a little less biased they would realize the truth is not so abstract.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Socialism? WHERE?

Put the blame squarely where it rests and that's on the shoulders of the bankers and power brokers.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know they do but that is not what I meant to ask. I mean how do they even verify the SS# when they apply for DL or File a Tax Return? Surely nowadays we have the identity verification services (private companies) that provide background info in addition to validation of legal documents. But how does the IRS miss this?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM

Originally posted by Gazrok
Have to provide the Social Security number for the children being listed as dependents.
No SSN (and therefore no proof or documentation for them)? No tax credit for them. The credit would only be for children who are either born citizens or naturalized citizens.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

However the problem really lies at the heart of the SS agency and IRS. Its technical of a nature. The identification form itself (SS card) needs changed and private sector has been using it for ever to maintain the uniqueness. The existing SS card can be easily duplicated. Every agency that uses any form of legal documentation such as SS#, DL#, Passport etc has to be linked (which I am assuming they are for the most part and states in the country). It is instant verification that needs to flourish and made mandatory for private firms such as H&R block, Jackso Hewitt etc or CPAs to obtain access to the identity verification system of the tax payer before even filing the taxes. Most of these loopholes in the tax laws atleast at the high level should be eliminated before the lower level loop holes can be addressed. Lets face it that SS# is unique and I do not see how it cannot be synchronized with other depending agencies to regulate rules & policies for Legal Tax Payer of the US.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Oh boy, yet another person that misses the point completely.

Tell me, are some of you paid to post this hateful crap about immigrants?

Are you delusional or can you just not read? None my posts that were in response to you even mentioned immigrants.

No I think he's thinking perfectly rationally. You just missed his point. Just because a loop hole exists doesn't mean it is meant to be taken advantage of and taking advantage of it is still a quasi criminal act. It's like stealing because you can get away with it. It's not against the law if you don't get caught, right? pfft.

I see you bashing Doom and Gloom a lot for his posts but I don't see you coming up with any solutions either....

Nor did I bash immigrants at any time. I disagree with anyone that takes advantage of a system by participating in breaking the law. It just so happens the subject of this thread is immigrants who as it turns out are stereotyped as taking advantage of it more then US citizens because it's easier for them to get away with it. I just said that I thought you were wrong for agreeing that it's ok to break the law just because it's possible. It's possible to rob a bank, that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it the banks fault or the people who put their money in the banks fault that some a$$hole stole their money, and I still don't see any bright ideas coming from your post. Just trolling mostly. So unless you have something constructive to say or you can argue rationally please refrain from responding. I was never once hating on immigrants. Just hating on the criminal behavior some of them participate in.
edit on 21-6-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you for your sympathy, I can certainly sympathize about your experience, I too, believe unemployment should be considered a hand up and not hand out. It shouldn't be abused as some are proned to do.

I just can't understand how my friend who is widowed, and worked for 30 + years her last employment was in 2008 where she was part-time, and all that money into the "system" all that time, and she can't get any further benefits, then Social Security and Medicare. It's a sin the way they are treating people born and raised in this country. We're only useful to them at tax time and election time.

edit on 21-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Here is information for getting an ITIN number. I have helped a few people get these numbers and they are by no mean easy to get. The proof you send is never enough. They keep asking for more.

Attach a valid federal income tax return, unless you qualify for an exception, and include your original, notarized, or certified proof of identity and foreign status documents. Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

I didn't realize it was that difficult to get an ITIN #. Perhaps the fact that I am married to a US citizen made it easier to get. In fact all I did was fill out the W-7 form, the documents they requested and mailed away and within weeks I had my ITIN number and was able to file a joint tax return with my husband the following year. They never asked me for any extra documents or anything. To quote what is on my ITIN document from the Department of Treasury.

"The following is true about your assigned ITIN:
-It is for federal tax purposes only; for example, to file a tax return.
-It is not a social security number (SSN) but an identification number issued by IRS.
-It does not entitle you to social security benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
-If you do not use your ITIN to file a tax return or other federal purpose, it can be revoked.
-It does not change your immigration status or make you eligible to work in the United States. ",00.html

If they got away with providing ITINs then the IRS messed up on this.
edit on 21-6-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM

Originally posted by seeker11,00.html

If they got away with providing ITINs then the IRS messed up on this.

edit on 21-6-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Remove that link and last line from the above post/reply I don't know how it ended up on my last post. It wasn't my words, it was a stray quote that got caught up in my post from the poster I was replying to above.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

log in