It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What no bible is going to state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Please tell me what "I need go force"?? As if the Trinity wasn't fundamental Christian doctrine for 2000 years mow. As if I invented and am propagating the doctrine.
And if you post a Muslim arguing against it I know it's true, that cements it for me. The crescent moon god worshippers. Heck the comments section of my profile, I have a treat there for folks who struggle with the Trinity. Maybe next we can watch videos from satanists explaining the deity of Christ??

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Please tell me what "I need go force"?? As if the Trinity wasn't fundamental Christian doctrine for 2000 years mow. As if I invented and am propagating the doctrine.
And if you post a Muslim arguing against it I know it's true, that cements it for me. The crescent moon god worshippers. Heck the comments section of my profile, I have a treat there for folks who struggle with the Trinity. Maybe next we can watch videos from satanists explaining the deity of Christ??

you need to force trinity , and things like godhead. Its what people do when trying to put a square into a triangle hole. Christianity has been a loose doctrine for 2000+ years . In that long period of time many have came , made edits , changes , and cherry picked bible verses , to justify the shinangons and circus known as christianity. Majority of christians today do not even practice what they preach. But thats okay , as we both know generation after generation does not buy the christian perspective. We can easily see this in todays kids .

Are they getting smarter? or just have more available information to see thru the contradictions of christianity ? You don't need to invent the doctrine , council of nicea and many others have done it for you .

Do you really think god would make it this complicated ? Do you really think god would play riddles with you about trinity if it were true? . You would see 100's of examples and a proper word in the bible espically for such a supernatural event. But since its not there you have to reach for straws sadly.

You dismissed the video because it was a muslim arguing for against your belief but you dismiss it . This shows your not really here for truth , because you shot the messenger. That guy in the video , knows the bible by heart better then the majority of your christian scholars. He has put far more dedication into it , and thats apparent by the debates he has with christians and other religions who bring forth their brightest minds. But they lose , many times he corrects them on their own information. How can you not listen to what the man has to say ? I know .. because the truth hurts. Hard to face.

Lastly what deity of christ ? I can show you plenty of examples that contradict anything deity and chirst.

Your problem with religion is the same as others but don't even realize it.

You worship the messenger and idolize him causing your confusion.

Muslims do the same with Mohammad.

Jews with Moses

Christians with jesus

Hindu's with there 100's of gods.

all idol worship tsk tsk

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Do you know what a person is called when they make stuff up and claim it as truth???.

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Also there is only one God, even God himself says he knows of no other Gods.

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

/thread.
edit on 20-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
“What no bible is going to state”

That it is a work of fiction.

Mickierocksman

Wow your so cool. You can go on the internet and insult people.... While adding nothing to the debate.

edit on 20-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Gosh gee…. I am skewered by your rapier wit? I think not LOL.

Who was I insulting? A question was asked by the OP and I stated my beliefs and provided a response, just the same as all the above posters have done.

Now you may crawl back to whatever place you wish to reside in, unless you want to offer absolute proof that ANY bible is NOT A WORK OF FICTION?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by WarJohn

Also there is only one God, even God himself says he knows of no other Gods.

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

/thread.
edit on 20-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Then your god is not very well educated, there are many many gods that different people around the world believe in…. but of course you believe that yours is the only true one, like all the others believe that theirs is.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

"Loose doctrine"... really now. Do tell what the Nicaean and Apostolic creeds both say por favor.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

"Loose doctrine"... really now. Do tell what the Nicaean and Apostolic creeds both say por favor.

It says we make things up , because the bible is full of so many errors , any logical reasonable man would see this cannot possibly have anything to do with god , Except for a few hook line and sinker good feeling quotes.

Soo were going to make our own version of reality and stick it to some of the followers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem caeli et terrae,

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think god would make it so complicated , contradictary , and allow so much cherry picking and still be able to call it divine source. The god in your mind might be flawed , but the one i'm thinking far out reaches such human errors , and sugar coating.

are you surprised christianity is fading ? i'm not . people have alot more information to cross reference with bible to see how full of hot air it is , and simply reject it

""We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible"

Hey they got it right ... but then...

"“And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, "

lol ,

Jesus was made with no father , and mother only . Miracle birth OoooOO - must be son of god ! because he is so special ! born of a virgin..

but adam made with no mother or father , should he not be more the son of god , then jesus ?

of course not right . Christians idolize jesus not adam , thanks broken bible ! and different councils that make up reality
edit on 21-6-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Weird, you think the doctrine is 'complicated'? I don't think so at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe you sir have sugar coated a version or interpertation of the bible , that you are satisfied with . While along the way im sure you've dismissed a few things , or just reasoned it , with some out of this world connections .

Naturally you won't see the complications, but from this angle to me its full of them. Secondly the way the bible portrays god , i believe is blasphemy against , if there is one . God. The characteristics , the contradictions , the human like silly qualities , the mercy vs anger , the way punishments are dished out , the favoritism , the cheating . It goes on and on and on . These are just a few branchs of the complications. You can't just dismiss them with saying the lords name and asking for guidance .

I don't believe god would make it that complicated . Its a giant riddle and maze lol.

Almost seems like its designed to cause mass confusion and sects with in a religion . Formula is simple every religion .

One god , One brotherhood , One path .

But they all fail. Why? because idolism , lies , minipulation of religion leaders take over and make it political . To the mess you see it today .

If you look at the earth from mount probability , where the theologion scientist philosophers are , 75 percent up . The world looks like puke of religions all meshed together . You don't know what is what because of all the tainting , sugar coating , editing , and minipulation .

If i was god , i would walk away from this mess , and say really people..... really . lol

These things bother me from my view , you dare sit there and tell me what complications ?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Sugar coated? No, those folks get standing ovations and mega churches. Glorified Dr. Phil's who never preach the true doctrine's of Christianity. Christ promised true disciples would expect persecution for their testimony. That's a very real aspect of my walk with Him. It is cool you're so concerned with my well-being though, I appreciate it. I've found that nearly all the alledged contradictions vanish when one applies sound Biblical hermaneutics. Failures usually on rule 1 are the most common. Yku probably don't care tho, just wanted you to know it's a very common complaint.

edit on 21-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

standing ovations and mega churches ? You know what that means ? It shows how many gullable people there are in the world . May i direct you too...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now how many on that list got standing ovations and mega churches ? Do you see , how you take something as truth just because of the royality gains it might have. Is this path to truth ? or more head in the sand?

Bush gets standing ovations and the biggest church lol oval office :p

Dr.phil your own example , it just shows how gullable women are. no?

Next , you don't know what christ promised . because a) you weren't there b) your evidence is a few tainted books which qualify as broken telephone c) i have a simple prayer for you to ask christ , do you think he will grant it ?

You only ASSUME you know what christ promised because you have your bible glasses on going full speed ahead , and anything that comes between you and christ must be a test of your faith . So you march on forward thinking , im the one out of line , but really i'm trying to help you take the glasses off and see if the grass is greener on other side..

I've found that nearly all the alledged contradictions vanish when one applies sound Biblical hermaneutics.

your going to sit there and tell me ALL the alledged contradictions vanish ?

a humble man would've said , many of them vanish , perhaps , many contradictions taken out of context ...

but noo.... lol

a fool would say ALL . when we both know that's a lie.

crackheads objections to being a crackhead also when you get into crack-o-nomics..

You can rationlize anything to any fairy tale you want , but really where do we draw the line ? between reasonable , and just grasping for straws? making things up just to make a square shape fit into triangle?

Most common complaint ? What about prove your god , without using the bible as evidence. ? lol I'm sure you hear that one quite a bit

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

"Nearly all" is what I said to be precise. Some are purposeful contradictions called a "remez". They are a hint to a hidden truth or "nugget" as they say. They are basically signposts by the Holy Spirit that say "Slow down, you'll miss something vital here." And no offense, but the heptadic structure of the TR manuscript completely destroys the idea the Bible is of human design. Men only held the writing utensils. The heptadic structure blew me away, I'm still amazed. I'm well aware of the pseudographical books the Gnostics tried to slip into the canon and the many verses they expurgated from the text in the 3rd and 4th centuries.

edit on 22-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
nearly all is not precise . A percentage of what you believe would have been more precise. For all i know nearly all means 99 percent to you ?

purposeful contradictions ? We have so many problems in life to deal with , the daily grind of life , to survive , to make a better life for family. Do you really think we have time to decode gods riddles ? Hidden truths?

Guess what god .. my faith is also a riddle , two can play that game. Again this is not the work of a divine creator but a trickster. You call it remez ? i call it excuses to justify contradictions , then another excuse to interpert it the way you want , and call it a ramez a.k.a hidden truths lol . Come on typical give me a break.

Slow down you will miss something vital ? Well holy ghost , We will miss alot more , now thanks to these hidden truths , that can be precieved 7 different ways . (pun intended )

Now math correlations with a bunch of 7's is your proof it could not be human made? I can show you many examples where symbolism , numberolgy is used by people . But again all man made.

You got your 7's , quran has its 19's torah has its 49's

The point is , if you have enough time you can make connections and call it causation , But we both know its great to keep the masses suckered in . But at the end of the day its just number correlating . You know the numbers contradict when you get into whichever versions , but you were quick to say the TR manuscript.

cs.anu.edu.au... case of two matthews

you are grabbing for straws sir trying to show me this is not man made. But the problems don't disappear , they are only pushed away sugar coated ,, for more deconstruction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the thing . Many great minds have already dismissed the bible and any hope of accuracy to historical events . If these great minds sat down and deconstructed the bible it would be waste of their time no ? They already know the conclusion you and me both know.

Diff is you don't wanna let it go , you believe your on the right track , but thats only a dillusion of you making excuses for the problems , and going out your way to make the square fit into a triangle hole.

It does not destroy the idea that its man made. Not even close sir. I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

I'll make it really simple for you . Do your prayers work ? yes or no ? I'll give you one simple test with a cup of water to do , if it works i'll join you . If it doesn't then what should i conclude ? Will you accept my prayer challenge ?

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. "

lies.

Here is the thing . You give jesus to much power .

a) We don't know what jesus said

b) We think we know what he said from scripture

c) We have nothing written by jesus , only eye witness broken telephone accounts

d) Bible has more problems then obama

e) People sugar coat and look for excuses to make the bible have some merit , but it fails time and time again

f) I do not believe god would go through such lengths , riddles , minipulation , deception to get his message across , but you keep disrespecting god thinking he would.

g) Christianity is fading from hearts , classrooms , youth , masses . Why ? because its full of lies and double standards with baseless "evidence"

h) Problem with you is you have your one way glasses on , like the muslim has , or the jew , or the hindu , If you people take your glasses off you would realize your all being fools and strung along by if he exists , mr satan. Hook line and sinker

i) God gave you a brain to use , why would he be in such a broken book ? I could've written a better bible then that , and made sure of no contradictions .

Now we can skip all this ,and go to my prayer challenge , do you accept ? or is your faith not strong enough to have prayers answered?

Last question.

How many prayers would it take to heal a amputee?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

so as i am writing out my last post , i get the most random text from a friend that says ..

"Went to get gas and it stopped at 77.77 "

Freaky.... lol , what do you say ? a sign ? or just coincidence?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

so as i am writing out my last post , i get the most random text from a friend that says ..

"Went to get gas and it stopped at 77.77 "

Freaky.... lol , what do you say ? a sign ? or just coincidence?

Coincidence. I've had the cash register read 6.66 a couple times. Scary stuff, yup.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes, purposeful contradictions. The Hebrew rabbis called them "remezs", they are intentionally put into the text to force introspection right at that point to prevent someone from reading by an important detail carelessly. But they are quite rare, most all contradictions are explained by a refusal to follow sound hermenutics or an ignorance of them. There is also the problem with purposeful perversions of the Bible like the NIV translation. But for every website highlighting alledged contradictions you can find 20 websites that offer explainations for them. You'll find that most, 9/10, fail to take context into account.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yes, purposeful contradictions. The Hebrew rabbis called them "remezs", they are intentionally put into the text to force introspection right at that point to prevent someone from reading by an important detail carelessly. But they are quite rare, most all contradictions are explained by a refusal to follow sound hermenutics or an ignorance of them. There is also the problem with purposeful perversions of the Bible like the NIV translation. But for every website highlighting alledged contradictions you can find 20 websites that offer explainations for them. You'll find that most, 9/10, fail to take context into account.

Again , this is unacceptable behavoir and divine workings . I can't accept a god playing such games , such riddles , such guess work , such code reading , such games with numerology.

Do you see the mountain of shinangons you must climb , to get a grasp of what god is trying to say ?

How do you not see the hopes you have to jump through to get a handle on the situation.

My problem is also when you wanna bring number games into it , as proof , and say look its proven . Your asserting reason and logic there , but other parts reason and logic seem to be optional.

What do you say for a journey to find noah's ark ? Because i've heard many claims of finding it with video and pics , but seems to fade and turn out to be hoaxes.

How about ark of covenant ?.

How about the prayer test? if we can get that going , we can skip all the bible games , and i'll be straight to belief ..

You can't ignore all this and brush it off , these are real issues with bible and any belief connected to it .

God wouldn't make it that complicated , he not evil god like portrayed in bible. The things he does to people , the punishment he dishes out , the slaughter lol come on now. You gotta give god more credit then that .

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It's not all that challenging at all like I said earlier. But you dont HAVE to believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join