It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead mice found in the valley Vajont: still mystery about the causes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Centinaia di topi trovati morti nella valle
del Vajont: ancora mistero sulle cause

You will need to run that through Google translate but the gist of it is:

A mouse found dead on a scale, and another in the garage, several in the garden. And then in the square in the historic center, in some ways. So many. Almost invasion. And they are dead. Stiff. Some even in the process of decomposition. They will be about seventy, maybe a hundred: forty were found on the territory of Castellavazzo , others in the area Zoldano , but also to Spar and surroundings. In particular, the height of the gallery Igne and near the village of Pirago . And even outside the province, to Erto and Casso . Small piles of dead rats. Of every kind, type and size: the field mice, rats themselves, through the one species which, to borrow a term dialect is particularly effective and now came to be part of the vocabulary of the Italian language, is known the name of "sewer rats".

Basically like the bird die-off we now have mouse and rat die-offs.

The animals, in fact, no signs of poisoning . Ergo, were not killed. And confirmation came from the laboratories ULSS of Belluno, not even the shadow of a trace of poison.........................The earthquake? No, almost certainly there is no correlation between this and the earthquake.

Apparently the reasoning behind this is that mice and rats are apparently unphased by nuclear explosions.

Extremely odd. I am not sure if mice and rats have been added to the list before, but they have now.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Has there been any hints of seismic activity in Italy?

Or perhaps this may be the sign of something to come?

I can't help but at least consider the possibility of mass die off and earthquakes being connected.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That's interesting. Maybe fireworks caused them to have heart attacks. Or maybe the magnetic field shift caused them to fly into the ground... Oh wait...

Really though, it could be something bad like a coming plague. Or it could be something else, maybe a rodent flu?

Thanks for bringing this to the boards, I'll be following it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No I think inference was that this may have been because of the recent earthquakes, but the scientists don't seem to think so - but then they are scientists so what do they know?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
rats and mice can live through all sorts of conditions. that is scary that so many are dead!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think it was the rapture!

Sorry, this news is actually alarming and no laughing matter. I wonder what the cause could possibly be for any of these events.
It seems to me that it must be inevitable for this to eventually happen to humans unless it stops happening altogether and fairly soon. It seems to me that the possibility of a mass human die-off of these magnitudes by unknown causes would increase each time one happens to a new species, at least until the cause is corrected. Would others agree or disagree with this statement?

If this is correct and if these die-offs are a natural occurrence which merely attracting so much attention due to the Internet, we may be able to find cases of mass human die-offs due to unknown causes throughout recent, known history. Are there ANY documented cases off mass human die-offs due to unknown causes over the last 50 years or so? I will do some research but I honestly have no idea where it will take me. If any of the more educated ATSers could throw me a bone, I would appreciate it.

If we can correlate theoretical historical cases(because I have no idea how many of these cases are documented) ,if anyof mass human die-offs with mass die-offs of other species, we should be able to assemble a predicative model as well as hopefully track the source or cause.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your guess is probably better than mine. The deaths could be caused by anything really, but those scientists are just there to throw us red herrings in IMO.

If there was a direct connection between earthquakes and die offs (which I believe exist) the scientists would probably do everything in their power to disprove it.

This story has me interested though and has me wanting to know more. I will look into this in my free time and see if I can find any updates.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I found a bit of information, but most of it is the same as the info provided in you original source. I was not aware of an earthquake in th earea, but this site claims there was one on Saturday. I cannot verify this so please take it with a grain of salt. The site is not familiar to me.

Italy – Hundreds of dead mice found in earthquake area

Castellavazzo was hit by the earthquake less than a week ago. The thought passes quickly and the association of ideas is quickly made.

One thing is certain: the extermination of rats is not the work of man or a fool who likes to spread toxic substances. The animals, in fact, no signs of poisoning. Ergo, were not killed.

Confirmation came from the laboratories ULSS of Belluno, not even the shadow of a trace of poison. But then what is the nature of this murder? And to thicken the veil of mystery, some mice were found with eyes wide open. Another, as confirmed by Roccon Franco, the first citizen of Castellavazzo, “had a red spot on his chest.”

Any thoughts?

edit on 21-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The yellow marker I have ringed is the earthquake and the insert image is the area where the rat/mouse kills occurred.

The details of that quake are: (Map from INGV)

Lat: 46.209 Lon: 12.444
Profondità in km: 7
Data UTC: 09/06/2012 02.04.56
Magnitudo: 4.5
Codice: 7223201240
Link alla pagina web per maggiori dettagli

This page from INGV is the source and has a much better map of the area and the earthquake epicentre.

I think you can take it that the earthquake is real.

Bear in mind the article I posted was dated Giovedì 14 Giugno 2012 - 10:04, thus the earthquake was indeed on the Saturday before the article.

ETA, by the way I think I can vouch for Ice Age Now. What ever you may feel about the premise that we are going into another Ice Age or at least a Maunder Minimum. the technical details given by IAN are usually correct and verifiable.

edit on 22/6/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join