It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Shots fired into Knoxville Bush/Cheney headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Two shots were fired at a Bush Cheney campaign office by an unknown assailant in Knoxville, TN. There were no injuries. Minor damage is reported to the office front.

www.wbir.com
An unknown suspect fired several shots into the Bearden office of the Bush/Cheney re-election campaign Tuesday morning.

The headquarters are located at 4618 Kingston Pike, next to Noveau Classics and in the same shopping plaza as Long's Drugstore.

According to Knoxville Police Department officers on the scene Tuesday, it is believed that the two separate shots were fired from a car sometime between 6:30 am and 7:15 am. One shot shattered the glass in the front door and the other cracked the glass in another of the front doors.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This was perhaps a disgruntled Kerry supporter, an unrelated act against a member of the staff, or even a random act of vandalism.

It would be unfortunate to assume a political motive at this early juncture, the possibilities are endless. The key point is to avoid making political hay, yet.

www.volunteertv.com...

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
here in NW Ohio, Toledo that is..

news reports about the campaign signs being vandalized, by both dems and repubs..

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It would be unfortunate to assume a political motive at this early juncture, the possibilities are endless. The key point is to avoid making political hay, yet.

www.volunteertv.com...

Is this site affiliated with the Florida Site that is the only one reporting on the "Osama Bin Laden Toys" issue?

the site above has the following disclaimer, similar to the one for the florida site

All content � Copyright 2001 - 2004 WorldNow and WVLT VOLUNTEER TV,
a property of Gray Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

www.volunteertv.com...

Is this site affiliated with the Florida Site that is the only one reporting on the "Osama Bin Laden Toys" issue?

the site above has the following disclaimer, similar to the one for the florida site

All content � Copyright 2001 - 2004 WorldNow and WVLT VOLUNTEER TV,
a property of Gray Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Which is why the story was run with the NBC affiliate link. The other link is in the "Related Links" category.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Shots fired at a Bush Cheney campaign office by unknown assailant. Perhaps a disgruntled Kerry supporter"

"It would be unfortunate to assume a political motive at this early juncture, the possibilities are endless. The key point is to avoid making political hay, yet."

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmm... Weird, I live in Knoxville, I just ate across the street from Bush/Cheney headquarters like an hour ago, I've watched the local news today, and this is the first I've heard of this. Odd.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verdis Quo
Hmm... Weird, I live in Knoxville, I just ate across the street from Bush/Cheney headquarters like an hour ago, I've watched the local news today, and this is the first I've heard of this. Odd.

First report by one of the "Big Boys" on this story.

washingtontimes.com...

UPI Story
Volunteers and staffers at the campaign office say they have no clues as to who might have committed the crime. However, they add that the shooting makes them even more enthusiastic and energized about working for their candidates.

Nothing like being calm under fire.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised this isn't getting really big coverage. The presidents campaign headquarters being shot at. That sounds liek a big deal.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I'm surprised this isn't getting really big coverage. The presidents campaign headquarters being shot at. That sounds liek a big deal.

I think since there were no "victims" the story doesn't have much for legs. The vandalism of an office (felonious because a firearm was used) just doesn't have much in the way of allure. The only way this story explodes is if they find out Michael Moore or Dan, Dan Rather, or Al Gore did it; or it was a hoax perpetrated by the Republicans. I don't see either one being likely.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Election year does spark resentment among their followers to the point that act of violence are committed, yes sometimes frustration and anger take hold of people, and as elections get closer I will not be surprised if more of these senseless attacks become more dangerous.

As I posted before, back in the 70s my brother was shot at in a political rally the poor victim too received the bullet was his car, and we are grateful that the shooter was just trying to scare him or just was not a very good shooter at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This never became much of a story (and won't, unless it happens again), but I thought I would give one last update...

AP Story courtesy of USA Today.

Reuters Story.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
it could of been a libertarian or a green or a constitutionalist supporter too!!

Get your head out of the two party system monopoly!!

There are other parties that exist you know, and I can garantee you that manypeople in those parties would love to put a few holes through bush/cheney's campaign headquarters...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
it could of been a libertarian or a green or a constitutionalist supporter too!!

Get your head out of the two party system monopoly!!

There are other parties that exist you know, and I can garantee you that manypeople in those parties would love to put a few holes through bush/cheney's campaign headquarters...

A Constitutionalist! Always waving that darn Second Amendment around like someone should take it seriously (like a Democrat
), there's a possibility, but a "Greeny" with a gun? Not "high" on my list of suspects... Neither are the Libertarians... Isn't Badnarik still in jail?

I apologize to any and all political parties, candidates, supporters and the mildly disinterested who may have felt slighted at my omission of them from the "likely suspects list"... It won't happen again.

new topics

top topics

join