It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security Insider - Monitoring Internet Posters and Postings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have no idea if this 'insider' info is true or not.
It sounds like at least parts could be true.
The insider could easily be discussing Above Top Secret postings/posters.
ATS ... read ... verify/debunk as you wish.

Department of Homeland Security Insider

DHS is very busy monitoring people and groups considered threats to this administration, not our country. FISA is disregarded, as is the general rule of law, something with which this department, under this administration, remains unconcerned. The ends, which are questionable at best, justify the means in all cases,” stated this source.

“Right now, it seems as if the duties of DHS overlap those with political issues, such as the re-election campaign. As I mentioned before and can’t stress enough, the line between domestic terror threats and political ‘enemies’ is blurred beyond recognition,” stated my source.

“Understand this: This administration has a very effective mechanism in place to monitor, in real time, internet posters and postings. This is one group of people who understand how the internet works, and is using their people to compile potential threats. Not Islamic terrorist websites, either. American websites and social networks. We are spying on our own people, not for domestic threats, but for political ones against this administration. it’s called ‘the war room,’” stated this source. “This is different than the campaign war room full of young volunteers hopped up on Red Bull and experienced in video games. This is ‘eyes only.’”

I asked for examples of “political surveillance,” and my source had plenty. “Drudge, of course, [Andrew] Breitbart, although that threat seems to have been timely diminished, Glen Beck, Sheriff Arpaio and his Cold Case Posse, [Alex] Jones, and a host of conservative, anti-affordable health care, and anti-abortion sites for others. I’m not going to get into other names, as we could compromise everything as the list is closely guarded and updated constantly. And I don’t think I need to specifically mention your group, do I,” he asked rhetorically.

“Also, this group is often proactive in terms of mitigating potential threats. Their process is to ‘identify, infiltrate, disrupt, marginalize and ultimately, destroy.’” The last part, “destroy,” got my attention. Asking how, my source provided a rather vague answer. “In the most efficient manner possible. The tactics vary. You couldn’t just take down the Drudge website, for example, but things could be done to weaken its effectiveness in a number of areas. Remember, the infrastructure of the internet is being more tightly controlled. Look at the proposed legislation. What do you think that’s for? And it also depends on the nature of the [political] threat.”

Presuming the answer, I asked the following question nonetheless. What about the FOIA process as a method of exposure of such tactics? After all, one would think such a process could be fully corrupted. “Really, that’s your question,” he replied. Enough said.

When asked who ultimately receives briefings about political threats, this source stated that “after proper ‘formatting’ and ‘coding’ the information ends up at the White House.” “But in whose hands,” I pressed. Sounding incredulous, he stated “you want me to name names?” “Yes, I’d really like that” was my reply. “I don’t know all of them as more than one type of report is compiled, but I can tell you that Valerie Jarrett gets a copy, maybe the first one. So does [David] Axelrod, but as he’s not on the premises, I don’t know all of what he gets. But I’ve said all I can about this. Just understand that the level in which this administration is involved in monitoring and reporting open source communications for political gain, under the pretext of national security is staggering.”

More information at the site.
LIke I said .. I don't know if this is the truth or not.
But it sure sounds like it easily could be.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Is there any expectation that they are not?

I mean since 9-11 I've always assumed the internet is cataloged and monitored.

We are all probably on a list just for being a member of ATS.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No S*it Sherlock. do you recall the Y2K bug ? well, I must have put that A disk in about 5000 computers and guess how many failed ? you got it - zippo.... It was a money making hoax, just like the Cash for Clunkers, I think they needed to add a Access Key to the TCP/IP stack is what I think Y2K was all about. anyway, you can not hide on the internet - and if they want you they got you. you have no privacy - you never had any privacy. So everything you have done on a computer is out there somewhere. and if you dont think so,,,, underground knowledge

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Isn't there a computer program called like, PC Anywhere, that lets you log into your computer from anywhere?

Imagine what the secret version of that program can do~

*looks over e-shoulder, e-waves* *Hi guys*
??

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If pictures are worth a thousand words.
Then I submit this to the DHS regarding my feelings towards them.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
No S*it Sherlock.

Be nice.

As I said .. I dont know if this 'insider' is real or if this is just someone stating the obvious.
But I thought people here would like to read it and do the 'ats thing' with it ... verify or debunk.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Is there any expectation that they are not?

I mean since 9-11 I've always assumed the internet is cataloged and monitored.

We are all probably on a list just for being a member of ATS.

Since 911? More like since its creation. 911 has nothing to do with it. Political activism with all available resources.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have no idea if this 'insider' info is true or not.
It sounds like at least parts could be true.
The insider could easily be discussing Above Top Secret postings/posters.
ATS ... read ... verify/debunk as you wish.

Department of Homeland Security Insider

DHS is very busy monitoring people and groups considered threats to this administration, not our country. FISA is disregarded, as is the general rule of law, something with which this department, under this administration, remains unconcerned. The ends, which are questionable at best, justify the means in all cases,” stated this source.

“Right now, it seems as if the duties of DHS overlap those with political issues, such as the re-election campaign. As I mentioned before and can’t stress enough, the line between domestic terror threats and political ‘enemies’ is blurred beyond recognition,” stated my source.

“Understand this: This administration has a very effective mechanism in place to monitor, in real time, internet posters and postings. This is one group of people who understand how the internet works, and is using their people to compile potential threats. Not Islamic terrorist websites, either. American websites and social networks. We are spying on our own people, not for domestic threats, but for political ones against this administration. it’s called ‘the war room,’” stated this source. “This is different than the campaign war room full of young volunteers hopped up on Red Bull and experienced in video games. This is ‘eyes only.’”

I asked for examples of “political surveillance,” and my source had plenty. “Drudge, of course, [Andrew] Breitbart, although that threat seems to have been timely diminished, Glen Beck, Sheriff Arpaio and his Cold Case Posse, [Alex] Jones, and a host of conservative, anti-affordable health care, and anti-abortion sites for others. I’m not going to get into other names, as we could compromise everything as the list is closely guarded and updated constantly. And I don’t think I need to specifically mention your group, do I,” he asked rhetorically.

“Also, this group is often proactive in terms of mitigating potential threats. Their process is to ‘identify, infiltrate, disrupt, marginalize and ultimately, destroy.’” The last part, “destroy,” got my attention. Asking how, my source provided a rather vague answer. “In the most efficient manner possible. The tactics vary. You couldn’t just take down the Drudge website, for example, but things could be done to weaken its effectiveness in a number of areas. Remember, the infrastructure of the internet is being more tightly controlled. Look at the proposed legislation. What do you think that’s for? And it also depends on the nature of the [political] threat.”

Presuming the answer, I asked the following question nonetheless. What about the FOIA process as a method of exposure of such tactics? After all, one would think such a process could be fully corrupted. “Really, that’s your question,” he replied. Enough said.

When asked who ultimately receives briefings about political threats, this source stated that “after proper ‘formatting’ and ‘coding’ the information ends up at the White House.” “But in whose hands,” I pressed. Sounding incredulous, he stated “you want me to name names?” “Yes, I’d really like that” was my reply. “I don’t know all of them as more than one type of report is compiled, but I can tell you that Valerie Jarrett gets a copy, maybe the first one. So does [David] Axelrod, but as he’s not on the premises, I don’t know all of what he gets. But I’ve said all I can about this. Just understand that the level in which this administration is involved in monitoring and reporting open source communications for political gain, under the pretext of national security is staggering.”

More information at the site.
LIke I said .. I don't know if this is the truth or not.
But it sure sounds like it easily could be.

Hi,
If it's for "The Office" of "The President".

It's not so much the man, but the office he holds, in my opinion why such a path would be paved in such a way.
With little confidence that I do have in the man, I still hold that office in high esteem. I believe alot of people still do. And would expect the Office be secured at all times. That's why I pay taxes.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello DHS,

Did you know there is an information war going on? it is good you check out all these places as you might learn something. I sure did and man have we got a big problem, here is a tip www.whodidit.org... . Please think long and hard about what homeland security means as there are some difficult choices coming up, our future may very well be in your hands. Take care, I know it ain't easy.

Kwakakev

edit on 19-6-2012 by kwakakev because: fixed up link

edit on 19-6-2012 by kwakakev because: tried fixing link again

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Hello DHS,

Did you know there is an information war going on? it is good you check out all these places as you might learn something. I sure did and man have we got a big problem, here is a tip whodidit.org... Please think long and hard about what homeland security means as there are some difficult choices coming up, our future may very well be in your hands. Take care, I know it ain't easy.

Kwakakev

Hi,
Your link was broken/404d.

Is this it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Yeah, that is the one, sorry about that. Thanks for the fix up.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
there losing the as said above by best guess 3-1, allot of people talk shi, so that's helping and with the addition of facebook, and other mass bs spinning sites, note its safer to talk straight than in code, code flashes amber, and if ya gonna encrapt, use early win zap (if you have to ask how you don't need to encrapt) and stay the heck away from numbers
thats gold to em, no torrent without ent.

oh and if no need for anything like that, i urge all to spout shi, make fakebooks get people helping.

time for the spam to hit the fan

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Who knows? I'm not gonna say I don't believe it but honestly, what threat are we? We're like a .000001% of the population. We don't have anywhere close to the numbers necessary to be effective. Sad but true and to be honest, the rest of the sheep are happy following.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
yes we all know the White House is monitoring everything that comes from Libertarians, grass-roots and so fourth BUT I've got news! Obama is monitoring the Republicans and a few of his bankers as well he is supposed to handle power to Romney is a peaceful way but I guess some of his folks don't want lose the bone. Lot's of things are going on in Phoenix right now regarding Obama making life difficult for Romney and wiretapping senators and congressmen who are with Romney.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Guy Fawkes was only one man. and almost got there

Guy Fawkes are sprouting left right and center, they are coming into contact with each other faster and more often, and sharing knowledge, and passing it on to others.
all institutes are under threat, but not from some boogeyman that wants to destroy for the sake of it.
But from there own injustices, there lies, there greed. Its only a matter of time before they trip up. and expose all.

Truth is not a crime, yet its there biggest fear. smoke and mirrors there best defense, distraction when needed.

sure we are just one site, but we inspire original thought, and makeing up your own mind not just accepting the so called "truths" they feed us. just look at china, the banning of so many things, laws that prevent the remembering of social uprisings, the control of the masses is going to break. just a matter of time

They are our shepherds, but we are starting to realize we can manage without....

note* we can only truly stand on our own after new world order(yer h8 me) if we try it now, we'd get picked off by another nation for land. always been a race war

new topics

top topics

join