It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary about rape in the US military changes government policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Willing to send our beautiful young women off to war.... for what?!

Women often say the same thing about our young men... it's all rather stupid if you ask me. Men and women are eqaully as precious and neither should be sent to kill and be killed in pointless bloodshed.

I do however agree with you that men are more often than not a lot more physically fit to be soldiers, and that's exactly why men have been used as soldiers for hundreds of years in the first place.

But of course some women are perfectly capable of passing all the training and being a good soldier. There's no reason to stop them if that's their desire... if you're going to let men partake in the stupidity of war then women should have an equal right to also act as a tool of the system.
edit on 19/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

and it's rife among the Australian military too

unfortunately it's not going to stop, women need to reassess their career options before entering the military
edit on 19-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I must agree ,, nurse , office staff. base staff, NOT in battle, !!
And man were gonna get hammered for voicing that opinion !!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker

I must agree ,, nurse , office staff. base staff, NOT in battle, !!
And man were gonna get hammered for voicing that opinion !!

Doesn't really matter in what capacity they serve, they still have to deal with the same problems of rape.

You think they won't get raped because they are nurses or office workers?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

even the nurses and desk jobs get raped in the military.

The only military I know of where female soldiers rarely if ever get raped are that in Israel who have to do their compulsary service.

Goes to show the difference between the Israeli military who are always on high alert 24/7 compared to those in the US and Australian military. Fact is, the males who do it are just a bunch of cowards who have no right to put on a military uniform.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

Why anybody thinks its a good idea to put women in a position around young, testosterone fueled men is beyond me..

Correct ... even if you'd have a "women only base", you'd still have the same result.

Anyone who goes into the US Army, should be aware of the risks. This is an army of murderers, that is sent around the world to mass murder people ... if you join this army, it's very hard to feel sorry for a person in it ... who got molested. They didn't get molested, like the prisoners of Abu Grahib. Nor, have they been treated as the prisoners of Guantanamo. Nor are their children, being born deformed the way the children of Iraq are.

Stay smart ... don't enlist.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Maybe the military should issue burkhas to the women so the men can't see their bodies. Then the "bad apples" won't lose control of themselves. Problem solved!

This has nothing to do with whether women should be in the service. It's about men who can't or won't control themselves being given a pass by other men who haven't got any more morals or leadership ability than the garbage they're protecting.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
And to the guy bitching about the male slanted rape cases, I'm think I'm pretty safe in saying that the ratio in rape cases would be 90/10 *against* men
of course, that's something ill look up in a second,

the allegation of rape raised by a woman against a man destroys a man's career in the united states.

the allegation of rape raised by a man against a woman (and probably for that matter, man as well, given how pervasive conversations about prison-justice 'bubba' are...) also destroys said man's career.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
My opinion is that child bearing age ladies should not be put in harms way, one of them might produce the next Einstein, (although it was his wife who did most of the work anyway) plus remembering the case in the six day war where an Israeli tank crew had a female member who put a fully serviceable tank out of action by getting herself injured, (details lost in time) the rest of the male crew stayed behind to tend to the young lady instead of pressing forward with the rest of the armored column.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What more do you expect from a bunch of murderers who are paid to rape and destroy countries?

Its like being surprised there's rape in prison... I mean really this comes as no surprise.

edit on 20-6-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Its a man's natural role to fight,therefore,women have no business being in the military(women are like children in the military).If you do not agree then you in the wrong and the one who is technically sexist.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Over half of these rapes ar committed by African Americans.............which is no surprise.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Rape is deplorable and there is ZERO excuse for it.... But.....

Why anybody thinks its a good idea to put women in a position around young, testosterone fueled men is beyond me..

Women shouldn't be servicing in the military outside of nursing. (although I do respect those that are)

ahh right....so we're going to keep teaching "don't get raped" as opposed to " don't rape".....right...I see where your going....such wonderful moral relativism....hope its not you and some over eager gay dude then..because if its ' he who can hold you down wins' what's to say it ends at women....

F*ck that.

If rape were about sex at all ,even then, most men would have a wank rather than hurt someone..only cowards rape.. as rape is about psychological power...not testosterone.

Ro
edit on 20-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Ok, so...whats the difference? Whether they are raped by a fellow soldier or on the battle field by the enemy...whats the difference?

They must realize that they are not signing up for the girlscouts, they must understand that if thats what they want to do there will be an inate risk of harm due to the very nature of what the military stands for.

I just don't believe in bleeding heart BS.....if you are going to pursue an action that has risk attached to it....then you must realize that said risks are a blatant possibility and singling out one aspect of it only makes one look silly.

Not saying rape is right, just that such an institution being what it is....how do the rules of society not apply all around. If you wear a hooker uniform and go to bar and get plowed, chances are some randy individual is gonna take advantage of that. It doesnt make it right.....only it is a real possibility in todays world that should have been considered in the first place.

Most people dont wake up thinking to themselves.....is this gonna be the day im a victim? But you can at least be prepared for the world beyond your door step...the same one you exist in..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Religio-tard spotted.

You mean next to inmates and intellectually retarded men thinking they are "serving their country"?

Women shouldn't be servicing in the military outside of nursing. (although I do respect those that are)

And you shouldn't be allowed to have kids. But you do. And one day they will tell you and your religion to piss off.

I hope I was as offensive as you.

Are you intellectually challenged....? Do you have reading disabilities? At what point did he say ANYTHING about religion?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Are you intellectually challenged....? Do you have reading disabilities? At what point did he say ANYTHING about religion?

Oh young one...

Every argument has its root somewhere.

If anything I have extra-reading-abilities

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Who made you the purveyor of morality?

I think women are societies biggest asset. The loss of 1 mother to war is unacceptable. Men on the other hand were made for war. It's in our blood.

I'd say you sir are the sexist one. Willing to send our beautiful young women off to war.... for what?!

You notion of political correctness?!

I am not a purveyor of morality, however I am firmly against gender roles from the 1950's. War is not in Men's blood, you have that notion because men have been sent to war for thousands of years by oligarchs and kings who fought amongst themselves.

The choice should be left to women not men as to what they can and cannot do with themselves, you don't have the right to say that women should not be at war, that's their call to make not yours.

Sure you have the right to your opinion, but they are sexist, because you believe that somehow, men are better suited at something that women are, when the reality is, biologically and factually, that women can do these things, just as well if not better.

We should not be sending anybody to war. I was more upset with your comment that it's somehow the women's fault that they are being raped cause they are around a bunch of men hyped up on testosterone. That's the sexist part of your post honestly. And it's damn shamefull that you would think that.

~Tenth

ty..excellent rebuttal

2nd

Ro

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Rape is deplorable and there is ZERO excuse for it.... But.....

That's really sexist and wrong. You are blaming the women for being around testosterone filled men for being raped?

That's a huge cop out and you should be ashamed of having those beliefs. There's no reason women can't perform just as well, if not better than men in the military and they should be given the same ammount of respect and dignity as those men in the military.

As for the topic, thank god these women are suing the government and made this documentary to help the thousands of other women in the military who have these problems.

With a suicide a day now for military service men/women and this rape issue, it's no wonder our troops are loosing their minds at home and abroad.

~Tenth
Tenth, you are being very hypocritical here. I am going to use your own words to show it.

Don't blame the illegals, blame the IRS and their insane tax code.

Actually this is part of the plan to bankrupt American you know.

~Tenth

Don't blame the soldiers, blame the system that allows the action.

Or maybe, just maybe, we should blame those who are actually doing wrong?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join