It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of drones patrolling US skies spawns anxiety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The idea that there could be thousands of drones patrolling the US skies by the end of the decade really has me worried. The Govt. continues to strip away our freedoms and they are patrolling us by using weapons that were designed for our military. Why is it that they always need to turn the technology on its own people? Why do we need drones in the sky here? We have done pretty well up to now without drones, so I don’t understand why they are pushing so hard for this... I hate that the US Govt. can use the "for national security" excuse whenever they want to take away our freedoms. What worries me even more is that if they're talking about it, I would bet that its already happening to a certain degree, and before you know it, each police station (city and state level) will have these toys.

It’s obvious that there is zero trust between the Govt. and its citizens. On one side, we don’t trust our Govt.'s intentions at all, and on the other side the Govt. doesn’t believe/nor trust its citizens, hence the heavy surveillance on its people...

Sooner than later things will need to change in this country, I'm sick and tired of turning on the news each day to find another right of mine being stripped away... I hope change is coming, change for the better....

Why are these measures necessary? Does anyone agree with the idea of drones patrolling our skies?

I for one do not want to give up freedom for security...

Below is the story i saw today on this topic...

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I even read a story recently that said police want to use drones to montior highways/expressways around the country to give speeding tickets... Are they serious??? Cops should be able to handle that with their radar guns...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well perhaps we should start putting up our own drones to spy back at them. See how long they would be liking that. My guess is they would find some reason to make that stop.
edit on 6/19/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As we learned with 9/11, the NWO psychopaths are willing to kill Americans too.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0DeepSpace0
reply to post by jhn7537

As we learned with 9/11, the NWO psychopaths are willing to kill Americans too.

Exactly, you set up your surviellance, you position your troops, and you begin to pull away rights one at a time... I dont even know what we can do to prevent this...

What I'd like to see is term limits for all politicians today (senate/house), and with that, none of these pyschopaths will be able to pass their twisted agendas through congress...
edit on 19-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you own your home out right. Does that mean you own the airspace above your property as well? If that is the case in theory you could make the airspace restricted could you not? Good legal question for a lawyer. I mean if the military, the feds, and private industry can restrict their air space then why can't we?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The truth is...

They have been doing it for years.

In Northern California the fly over the National Parks.

So, if they openly do it there. You know the overfly the border.

We are beginning to learn what they are up to.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
The truth is...

They have been doing it for years.

In Northern California the fly over the National Parks.

So, if they openly do it there. You know the overfly the border.

We are beginning to learn what they are up to.

Yea, we are learning that they consider us (US Citizens) to be the enemy....

new topics

top topics

join