It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina third-grader strip-searched after being accused of stealing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Ah, I get you now. Sorry for my douchey comment up thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No worries domo
we all make douchy comments when emotion overrides facts. I still do it even though I try to do the "think before I react" thingy

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In the article it said that the teachers was well with in the law....

I do not understand, could some one please link me to this law? When I was searched at school it had to be by a police officer. My understanding is that teachers are not allowed to touch the students so how is it legal to strip search?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by grey580

And I went on to say....

".....I didn't say it didn't happen. That doesn't change the fact its illegal and in admissible in court. The parent is the equivalent of a lawyer for adults...."

Yes, however until someone says. I want a lawyer. Or I want a parent.
They are free to ask questions. And if you answer them there's a problem.

Like I said before. It's up to you to know your rights.
They are not going to make their job harder.
And they will lie to do so.

Just because it's wrong for them to do so. Doesn't mean they won't try.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

See I think your error here is thinking I agree with this blatant abuse of the law, I do not. What my claim is that legislation has been put forth decades ago that in fact, detailed out the governments intentions. People did protest this legislation back then (to what was stated in the written legislation), and using the same pattern government has always used, they lied about their intentions even though the legislation indicated otherwise. Now whose fault is it when there is legislation is vague and the government says trust them? Are we ever going to learn to accept responsibility when we decide to trust known liars for the sake of some convenience or benefit? They are doing exactly what people protested about when they introduced this legislation, only problem is most believed the government lies rather than the parents who actually saw what the legislation meant. They didn't hide the written language of the legislation they passed, it's all right there and people voted for it. *shrugs
edit on 19-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

Fair enough and I agree. I also apologize for my condescending tone, but you could've spared yourself a lot of ridicule by simply stating your case in the first place.
-Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Fair enough and I agree. I also apologize for my condescending tone, but you could've spared yourself a lot of ridicule by simply stating your case in the first place. -Peace
reply to post by Bone75

Why would I do that? The purpose of making that statement was to provoke discussion. *shrugs

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well I can't speculate as to what your intentions were, what I can tell you is you provoked anger. As for discussion... well I guess this thread speaks for it's self.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I posted this quote:

Not one parent who has their child in public school has a legitimate reason to complain about this.
reply to post by Domo1

You responded:

Not everyone can afford private school or homeschooling. What a stupid response.

I would say the same to you. You might of asked me to elaborate, but you would rather stay ignorant, and well, I suspect that is why you can't find a solution and continue to allow the total brainwashing of your child. He will not master the tools like reading, writing and arithmetic that is needed so the child can expand his own learning, and enable himself to critically think on his own. Instead he will learn how to be an obedient worker, will obey orders regardless of the value of the thing in which he is told to do. He will not be able to have a discussion and actually add anything other than one of the pre-programmed responses he has been taught. He will probably make the same type of response you did, call a comment "stupid" without ever delving into anything deeper discussion of the issue, than the shallow thinking you have demonstrated because everything deep will just frustrate him. *shrugs

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If the search wasn't done by police how do you figure its not a SERIOUS breach of sexual boundaries?.... Image a principal calling your son into his office and telling him to strip down to his boxers.... Maybe I'm an overprotective parent, but if a police officer wasn't present, I'd be exchanging blows with this "principal".
reply to post by KnawLick

Oh, I know it is a serious breach of trust and boundaries, no doubt. It is a crime. Although this does not happen to every child, I am pretty sure there are many other outright violations that most parents never hear about, until someone stands their ground against the system. I would suggest making sure you know how to ask the right questions to your child to understand better what school is actually like for them. Kids don't always tell their parents the things they feel ashamed or upset about, many feel powerless. If you do some searches on the net, you can find a lot of teens explaining "the way it is" and even how parents won't believe them or disregard them when they do tell. It's tragic. Good luck to you, remember, it is the parent who is ultimately held responsible for the protection of their child, so when they are injured by even the system, it is the parents duty to do what is necessary to take the child out of harm's way.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well I can't speculate as to what your intentions were, what I can tell you is you provoked anger. As for discussion... well I guess this thread speaks for it's self.
reply to post by Bone75

Yes, I was worried it might, but it is the truth. (My apologies for not responding faster, I never seem to have enough hours in a day).
I made the comment that way to provoke serious discussion. Why are these kinds of things happening, and why are they getting away with it? Well, If parents would take the time to understand what legislation is passed that will effect the school system, they would have known they were giving control of their children to the federal government as well as subjecting their whole family unit under the subjection of the same. This includes what they will be taught, how they will be taught, how they will be disciplined, etc. etc. It's all in the legislation in writing.
Now, the legislation doesn't reflect what the government told everyone when they were pushing it through and garnering support but, people went ahead and just trusted was was told to them rather than reading the proposed laws themselves. So that is how I can make that claim earlier, and stand by it. My objective is to get people to take the time to understand why these things are happening, rather than just complain about them.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ok, sorry everyone, I apparently already responded to this thread before lol.... I am not the most organized person (aka: scatterbrain) I do to many things at once. I hope I answered everyone's comments appropriately.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What legislation are you talking about 20 years ago? The only things that come to mind are the creation of the department of education and no child left behind. Neither fit into that time frame though.
reply to post by KnawLick

Goals 2000

top topics

<< 1   >>

join