It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina third-grader strip-searched after being accused of stealing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"Clarinda Cox says her 10-year-old son, Justin, a student at Union Elementary School, was ordered(by school admin's) to take off everything but his T-shirt and boxer shorts on June 1 after a girl and several other students accused him of taking $20."

Although the story headline might be a little misleading, man or woman, someone would have a boot in their @$$ coming soon! There is no excuse the person responsible here is not in jail.

WRAL-tv
edit on 19-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Not one parent who has their child in public school has a legitimate reason to complain about this.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Thats just horrible. But I think the paradigm in America is shifting. Away from innocent until proven guilty TO guilty if accused.

I hate to use tired cliques like comparing it to Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia but there is some similarities. In Germany people were more afraid of being accused of a "crime" than anything. Even if the gestapo didn't come arrest you, society at large would condemn you as guilty.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

How do you figure? Public schools aren't mini prison camps. The same laws that apply outside a school should apply within it's walls.

Children are not to be questioned without their parents present in ANY criminal matter. Its plain illegal.

Also, school administrators have zero authority to strip search kids... It borders on pedophilia in my mind. (I don't know if police conducted the search but I highly doubt cops are strip searching a 10 year old for $20)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

Not one parent who has their child in public school has a legitimate reason to complain about this.

Care to explain... Scatterbrain....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

How do you figure? Public schools aren't mini prison camps. The same laws that apply outside a school should apply within it's walls.
reply to post by KnawLick

You would think so right? But no, rather than reading the actual legislation put in place more than 2 decades ago, people just believed what they were told for their schools to receive a bunch of money. They believed an entity that has a history of deception for a new an improved education ...well that was the promise. It has improved, this is true but not for the benefit of families or people but for the government. Now cry because you believed a lie? *shrugs

Children are not to be questioned without their parents present in ANY criminal matter. Its plain illegal.

Um, darling, you are delusional....it happens all the time, and has for decades.
edit on 19-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

Also, school administrators have zero authority to strip search kids... It borders on pedophilia in my mind. (I don't know if police conducted the search but I highly doubt cops are strip searching a 10 year old for $20)

Parents have given the school system all authority, sorry you missed the memo.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Not everyone can afford private school or homeschooling. What a stupid response.

OP as you stated the title is misleading, and while I find making a child take off their clothes rather unfortunate saying it borders on pedophilia is ridiculous.

"She came up to him and rubbed her fingers around inside of his underwear," Cox said. "If that isn't excessively intrusive, I don't know what is."

Oh. Yeah..... not OK and actually does seem a little pedo. It's fine though, a male janitor was present.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

You would think so right? But no, rather than reading the actual legislation put in place more than 2 decades ago, people just believed what they were told for their schools to receive a bunch of money. They believed an entity that has a history of deception for a new an improved education ...well that was the promise. It has improved, this is true but not for the benefit of families or people but for the government. Now cry because you believed a lie? *shrugs

Um, darling, you are delusional....it happens all the time, and has for decades.

What legislation are you talking about 20 years ago? The only things that come to mind are the creation of the department of education and no child left behind. Neither fit into that time frame though.

.....I didn't say it didn't happen. That doesn't change the fact its illegal and in admissible in court. The parent is the equivalent of a lawyer for adults....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Not everyone can afford private school or homeschooling. What a stupid response.

OP as you stated the title is misleading, and while I find making a child take off their clothes rather unfortunate saying it borders on pedophilia is ridiculous.

If the search wasn't done by police how do you figure its not a SERIOUS breach of sexual boundaries?....

Image a principal calling your son into his office and telling him to strip down to his boxers.... Maybe I'm an overprotective parent, but if a police officer wasn't present, I'd be exchanging blows with this "principal".
edit on 19-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'd have them arrested for child molestation or something of that nature. It's AMAZING what the school administrators think they can do to children in their care during school hours.

I swear I would put the fear of GOD into these people if my children were ever treated that way. Thankfully here in Canada, teachers would never dream of acting like this.

At least not in my community.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I am referring to goals 2000. It was actually implemented before it even became legal (yes, this is a common thing that many people don't even notice). In my area it was implemented 2 years before it became law.
I will share this again but sadly, many don't have the attention span to understand the scope of what was done or to completely pay attention to the whole video. *shrugs

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The police do this all the time.
The police lie alot of times to get the confession.

You are the one required to know your rights.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

We're talking about 20 bucks here, not anthrax or a gun. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to make that little boy take his pants off. Would you make the same ridiculous statement if it was a little girl ScatterBrain?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
* le sigh*

In the old days, this probably wouldn't have been such a shock. I remember my gym teacher picking me up by an ankle and dangling me upside down (in a dress) in front of my 2nd grade class. I shudder to think of what transpired had that happened now in 2012.

But woah..she ran her fingers inside his boxers?? WTH? What does she think she is..TSA?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

And I went on to say....

".....I didn't say it didn't happen. That doesn't change the fact its illegal and in admissible in court. The parent is the equivalent of a lawyer for adults...."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If the search wasn't done by police how do you figure its not a SERIOUS breach of sexual boundaries?....

I do think it is a serious breach. But, when parents blindly believe lies told them, even in the face of evidence, how can anyone make that parent stand up and do what is right for their child? I mean after-all, no matter what is done to that child is it not the parent who in the end is responsible to protect their child?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Touche. I just would assume that, of all places, my kid would be safe at school.

If for no other reason they should know better after all the lawsuits that are thrown around.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We're talking about 20 bucks here, not anthrax or a gun. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to make that little boy take his pants off. Would you make the same ridiculous statement if it was a little girl ScatterBrain?
reply to post by Bone75

See I think your error here is thinking I agree with this blatant abuse of the law, I do not. What my claim is that legislation has been put forth decades ago that in fact, detailed out the governments intentions. People did protest this legislation back then (to what was stated in the written legislation), and using the same pattern government has always used, they lied about their intentions even though the legislation indicated otherwise. Now whose fault is it when there is legislation is vague and the government says trust them? Are we ever going to learn to accept responsibility when we decide to trust known liars for the sake of some convenience or benefit? They are doing exactly what people protested about when they introduced this legislation, only problem is most believed the government lies rather than the parents who actually saw what the legislation meant. They didn't hide the written language of the legislation they passed, it's all right there and people voted for it. *shrugs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join