It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Woman accused of groping TSA agent, Faces battery Charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
now i dont condone tsa patdowns and it is a violation. but what isnt being told is what GOOD tsa has done for in so far as thwarting terrorist attacks and weapons crossing the borders. all sorts of nasty stuff has been caught by tsa officers in patdowns and wand checks. i refer to this website:gizmodo.com...

i typed in google "things the tsa have found"

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They should get a room.

Harte

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

why does it take so long for the narrator in the video to get to the point that she herself is an ex tsa agent, was acquainted with the agents on duty, so much so that they hugged each other, and then somehow that led to her being jailed AND MISSING HER BROTHERS FUNERAL!

The most important and outrageous facts are crammed into the last 10 seconds of the video

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by colonelblake
weapons crossing the borders.

As far as I knew...we wanted weapons crossing borders "Fast and Furious"ly.
edit on 19-6-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't seem to suffer at all when a stranger touches my stuff. Once an older woman gave me a wry smile as she held my genitalia in the security line. I felt like a big man and was glad to have entertained her. As far as the guys, well, I didn't really feel humiliated. It is the idea of such an invasion that is abhorrent to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't seem to suffer at all when a stranger touches my stuff. Once an older woman gave me a wry smile as she held my genitalia in the security line. I felt like a big man and was glad to have entertained her. As far as the guys, well, I didn't really feel humiliated. It is the idea of such an invasion that is abhorrent to me.

I can agree with that and add that as a female I could get patted down without feeling violated as well....unless they did violate me.

My stand goes pretty much on principle alone. As much as I hate "The Slippery Slope", it is the only thing I can think of with this issue. Give up 1 or 2 rights here...3 more rights next year, and pretty soon... you get the idea. I think TSA has gone too far with quite a few folks. But IMO being fear mongered into giving up any rights regardless of what they are is over the top and an abuse of power IMHO.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Furbs

Every person using air travel is giving the TSA implicit permission to screen them for security purposes.

Of course, this will probably strike you as rather stupid, but express denial of permission trumps the construed implicit permission.

Which also invalidates your ticket... I am failing to see your point?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Zero.

Not a single person.

Ever.

Technically speaking, you are correct in regards to this incident since the TSA had the local police do the hands on dirty work.

This incident makes it two more than none

Oh, look at this, that makes it three more than none.

Of course, I'm a "typical ATS poster" so my understanding of none must seem rather stupid to you.

Each one of these people were ticket holders trying to fly in the United States. You are failing to make any counter point.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Disingenuousness is unbecoming. I have all ready demonstrated that refusing a pat down leads to much more than "invalidating a ticket". You are not "failing" to see my point, you are refusing to. You refuse to acknowledge that refusing a pat down leads to steep fines, and/or arrests, and you are doing so to perpetuate misinformation that such a refusal merely "invalidates an airline ticket".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

How do you know the 'things they found' were actually found via security 'groping' patdowns and luggage inspection? Anyone can line up a few items - put a label on them - take a photograph and post it on a website. Was it a government website? Well now it is in the best interests of the government to prove that the TSA groping and inspections are working - isn't it? Particularly in light of soooooooo much negative information being posted on the internet about TSA employees groping Children - the Elderly - the Physically Impaired - they have not been getting any good publicity.

Undercover informants could very well be infiltrating threads like this one with disinformation. How does a person discern fact from the fraud????????? Paid informants are everywhere by virtue of the fact they need to pay the rent like everyone else.

I would like to see the paper trail for every item - was anyone charged? Where are they due to appear in court? I am long past the stage of accepting news at face value. I am wide awake and I know I am not alone - not by a few million or so.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Why don't you show us all where on an airline contract of a ticket that it states refusal of a pat down will be met with fines and/or arrest. Go ahead, show us how I am "failing to make a counter point" instead of simply just begging the question.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

In response, the video shows Price put down her carry-on bags, turn to a TSA supervisor and grab her – allegedly without permission – to show the supervisor what Price says she went through.

In my lifetime, I have probably flown hundreds of times. Not once, not ever, at the security checkpoint was I ask if it was ok for anyone to frisk, fondle, or grope me.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander groper.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

true. i see your point. its not like they posted videos of every actual patdown which resulted in a weapon. but i do agree that they have caught stuff by their methods.

in that article is says they caught one guy with a .38 revolver on his ankle. he said he forgot about it. lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

which could be found with a simple metal detector (that were in use long before tsa was)
what world do you live in that a pat down is the only way in the modern world to find a freaking .38?

said it before and ill say it again
metal detectors and chemical sniffers are ALL you need to prevent most anything that is preventable
theres no reason for a full body scan or a pat down (unless the sniffer or detector picks something up)
ceramic knife? there are air marshals on every flight and no way into the cockpit....fat lot of good that will do
edit on 19-6-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I actually live 20 minutes away from the airport that this occurred at. I've flown out of that airport at least 10 times. I've never been subject to a pat down, or anything more than a metal detector. Pat downs are pretty out of the ordinary at this airport.

Another thing I've heard circulating about this women, Carol, is that she is a former TSA agent herself, as revealed in this article. She appears to have worked at the airport this all occurred at. It's even mentioned that she did not get along well with the person she "Groped", Kristen Arnberg, who was her former supervisor when Carol was employed there.

abcnews.go.com...-FKzbVrMvk
edit on 19-6-2012 by GrahamJL because: adding info.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Why don't you show us all where on an airline contract of a ticket that it states refusal of a pat down will be met with fines and/or arrest. Go ahead, show us how I am "failing to make a counter point" instead of simply just begging the question.

With pleasure.

www.americanairlines.cn...

10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.

And since you have already posted the government's position on it, I think we have exhausted this aspect of the discussion.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Disingenuousness is unbecoming. I have all ready demonstrated that refusing a pat down leads to much more than "invalidating a ticket". You are not "failing" to see my point, you are refusing to. You refuse to acknowledge that refusing a pat down leads to steep fines, and/or arrests, and you are doing so to perpetuate misinformation that such a refusal merely "invalidates an airline ticket".

Not at all, refusing a patdown does lead to arrests, fines, whathaveyou.. which you already agreed to when you bought the ticket (See previous post)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.

This is not a contract agreeing to be fined and/or arrested, and your claim that I've "posted the governments" position is just more disingenuousness. The governments position begins with the Constitution for the United States of America and any subsequent legislation must be harmonious with that Constitution. Any position taken contrary to the Constitution is not a government position but is the position of criminal thugs.

What I posted was an attorney answering a FAQ to demonstrate that the certain officials within our government are indeed acting as criminal thugs and ignoring the Constitutional restraints placed upon them.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Not at all, refusing a patdown does lead to arrests, fines, whathaveyou.. which you already agreed to when you bought the ticket (See previous post)

I saw your previous post and have spoken to your continued disingenuousness. Any law abiding person versed in the principles of the U.S. republic and the Constitution that grants it authority has no reason to believe simply by reading what you posted that they will be arrested for refusing to be groped.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, not for you, nor for any official is bound by the clear and express restraints of a Constitution.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This is not a contract agreeing to be fined and/or arrested, and your claim that I've "posted the governments" position is just more disingenuousness. The governments position begins with the Constitution for the United States of America and any subsequent legislation must be harmonious with that Constitution. Any position taken contrary to the Constitution is not a government position but is the position of criminal thugs.

What I posted was an attorney answering a FAQ to demonstrate that the certain officials within our government our indeed acting as criminal thugs and ignoring the Constitutional restraints placed upon them.

Yes, yes it is. It is exactly that. It is a contract stating that you will follow the laws of the government, regardless of whether or not you agree with the law.

I'm not going to argue the constitutionality of the TSA, because it isn't part of the discussion. The Supreme Court hasn't ruled against the TSA's rules for travel, and appellate courts have upheld them. The TSA enforces the regulations for travel until a time that it is Constitutionally struck down.

Your FAQ cited the government's position in that attorney's answer.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join