It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Suspension or not, I have instructed my kids to whip their ass if someone bullies them.

Congratulations. You have simply put your kids in danger by instructing them to handle confrontations improperly. Solving violence with more violence is primitive. We're no longer living in the Dark Ages. I just hope you have a mirror and know who to point your fingers at when your kids take a swing at the wrong person and don't come home.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Nostalgic because: sp

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would like to say I am shocked by some of the responses here, but sadly I am not....Some of you are acting as a childish as this child! The kid is only SIX YEARS OLD!!

A teachers job at the kindergarten level is to educate and provide safety and security.to children. Forget the "get even with a bully tactic for a moment" The bullying is only a symptom of another problem. Children at this age are not able to clearly understand and express their emotions and any teacher worth a damn knows this!

Yes, the child was slapped by his peers but he was also humiliated , frightened and threatened. In a few moments his trust was shattered. This kid is going to have issues attending school from now on. This teacher needs to be held fully accountable for what she/he has done. It was absolute stupidity on so many levels!

Pax

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
In theory, this is magnificent - in practice, it's more trouble than it's worth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostalgic

Oh please, their are numerous stories of kids trying to fix the situation the proper way. Through teachers, school, communication etc etc and the bully still picks on them.

Their is noting wrong with defending yourself from a physical attack, only a die hard pacifist would say this.

When all other options have failed you do what you gotta do to survive and keep yourself safe.
edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Bullys tend to be
A: Very smart persons, who aint stimulated by our public schools.
B: Having social problems at home, lack of attention from parents and adults in general.
C: Both A and B

Imo making other kids slap him to teach him a lesson is just pure stupidity. Try gaining mutual respect with the kid instead. That way u can make changes that stick rather then "brush off"
edit on 20-6-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Kind of reminds mre of this:

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2012

Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2010- ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 –In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5years of therapy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Even though the teacher was totally wrong it needs to be said.

A parents job is to bring up their kids to respect others, A parents job is to tell their kids to not put their hands on others only in situations of self defense.

Maybe parents should do their damn job as well and we wouldn't have so many bullys.
edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
I would like to say I am shocked by some of the responses here, but sadly I am not....Some of you are acting as a childish as this child! The kid is only SIX YEARS OLD!!

A teachers job at the kindergarten level is to educate and provide safety and security.to children. Forget the "get even with a bully tactic for a moment" The bullying is only a symptom of another problem. Children at this age are not able to clearly understand and express their emotions and any teacher worth a damn knows this!

Yes, the child was slapped by his peers but he was also humiliated , frightened and threatened. In a few moments his trust was shattered. This kid is going to have issues attending school from now on. This teacher needs to be held fully accountable for what she/he has done. It was absolute stupidity on so many levels!

Pax

Word.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was bullied. I hope the school loses the lawsuit big time. Violence is not the answer. This is multiple accounts of child abuse.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

Yes, the child was slapped by his peers but he was also humiliated , frightened and threatened. In a few moments his trust was shattered. This kid is going to have issues attending school from now on.

His trust needed to be shattered, and he was already having issues attending the school, because he was making the experience negative and frightening for the whole class, at least now it is just him affected.

He "trusted" that he could get away with doing whatever he wanted without consequence, and now that trust is shattered..... good.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Kid totally deserved it. For those of you that think violence is not a solution and somehow kids should not be exposed to it are completely wrong. What world do you live in? This is a violent world we live in. The only reason that bully was doing because no one would fight back. Violence not solving anything is one of the stupidest things ive heard in a long time. Ive used violence and the threat of violence many times in my life against people that didnt think someone would speak up and call them on their bull# and let me tell you. People attitudes change really quick. And Im talkin about bullies here not everyday innocent people. Let me give you an example. We used to have a big guy that would frequent our local bar. Everyone was intimidated by this dude but he always talked # and disrespected the smallest dudes. So I called him out. I told him to step outside immediately. All he did was make excuses. He went on facebook trying to talk smack about I called him out again asked him to meet me for a consensual fight between two adults he still wouldnt bite. Because he knew deep down I was really going to # his world up. Now through all of this he cant even go to that bar anymore because everyone knows he is a coward above everything else. He acted like he was a part of a world of violence but when the threat of it presented itself he changed his tune and he doesnt even come around the people he used to because that image he created is gone. Violence is a tool if you know how to use it. Trying to shield children from this is as bad as telling them santa is real. Go ahead and teach your children more lies about the world they will have to face on thier own one day. And when they get bullied and punk out like a little bitch remember its how you raised them. I would love it if someone bullied my child and he took action and put him in the hospital for being so stupid. I enjoy the simple things in life like integrity, honesty, and loyalty.

edit: Whatever happens to that teacher she is a hero. No doubt about it. One child was making coming to school for an entire class uncomfortable which is the last thing you want your child to be in while in a state of learning. So the teacher gave all their confidence in themselves back while destroying the others which he deserved. She made it better for that class and probably looks like a superhero to those children. As far as the mother she should be investigated for child neglect because it may seem that she doesn't discipline her child at all which is a fail parent. There are tons of em.
edit on 20-6-2012 by immortalreiku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The folks in support of what this teacher did are oblivious to the world these kids are coming up in. When I was a kid, if I got in a fight with someone we would stand on our feet and duke it out. There was no kicking and if the fight went to the ground, the rest of the kids would stand you back up. Those were pretty much the unspoken rules.

But nowadays anything goes. 9 out of 10 kids that you pass on the street knows 5 different ways to break your freaking arm and 10 different ways to render you unconscious. The only thing she accomplished here was making 1 kid a little tougher and 24 kids a little weaker.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Nah that bullies self confidence is shattered. He lived in a world where he felt like king and now he is on the bottom and every child that feared him no longer does because they know their teacher wont stand for it, This is how societies work but on a much smaller scale. You have a group of people and you dont think this would happen to one person if they were #ing with the rest of them. Whatever, group discipline exists all over.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Back in my days of school the teacher didn't get involved unless absolutely necessary. The students took care of it themselves. I was was bullied from grade 6 -8 by the same guy and I was afraid of my own shadow. Yrs later, same guy sees me walking past his truck, threatens to kill me with a baseball bat, goes to exit his truck and I slam the door on his left foot, now he walks with a sever and very permanent limp. And I didn't need a teacher for that.

And for all you people that whine about how violence is not the answer, I agree to a point, but talking gets you so far and when that doesn't work...... make him or her run crying to his or her mama.
edit on 20-6-2012 by JasonBourne35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

gma.yahoo.com

A mother of a 6-year-old boy says her son was slapped by each of his classmates on the orders of their teacher as a form of discipline.

Aiden Neely was accused of being a bully at his school, Salinas Elementary School, near San Antonio, Texas. His kindergarten teacher came up with a creative way to put an end to the alleged bullying. The teacher is accused of having 24 other students in the class line up and slap Neely one-by-one.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is sooo wrong...but sooooo right.

I want the kid's parents smacked too, "Airplane"-style..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostalgic

Originally posted by Skewed

Suspension or not, I have instructed my kids to whip their ass if someone bullies them.

Congratulations. You have simply put your kids in danger by instructing them to handle confrontations improperly. Solving violence with more violence is primitive. We're no longer living in the Dark Ages. I just hope you have a mirror and know who to point your fingers at when your kids take a swing at the wrong person and don't come home.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Nostalgic because: sp

We had that "how do ou stop a bully?" thread..thing is, ass-whoopin' is th only thing that works. It's not primitive, it's just effective.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JasonBourne35
Back in my days of school the teacher didn't get involved unless absolutely necessary. The students took care of it themselves. I was was bullied from grade 6 -8 by the same guy and I was afraid of my own shadow. Yrs later, same guy sees me walking past his truck, threatens to kill me with a baseball bat, goes to exit his truck and I slam the door on his left foot, now he walks with a sever and very permanent limp. And I didn't need a teacher for that.

And for all you people that whine about how violence is not the answer, I agree to a point, but talking gets you so far and when that doesn't work...... make him or her run crying to his or her mama.

It sounds like you are describing self defense. The OP is about multiple accounts of child abuse.
edit on 20-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This country has turned into a bunch of sissies. This is half the problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Heres how i see it. Teacher didnt hit anyone. She may have facilitiated it. Child endangerment not abuse. She will lose her job no doubt because of all the anti violence parents that have been brainwashed by society to be pussies and have everyone else stand up for them. Lets call the police !!! YAY That day if that happened here I would have hugged that teacher for being human and doing what people forgot how to a few decades ago. If

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Do any of the posters who are all for this child abuse actually have children? And if you do, would you be happy for your six year old to be a victim of this forced abuse and for their teacher to instruct your child not to tell you, their parent, about the incident? If you can all answer me this question that would be great thanks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join