It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Teachers in my sons school did nothing to protect him, so we had him protect himself.

At last, some sense!
Now that is parenting

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm going to guess that the peeps supporting this act of violence are probably either victims of violence themselves or at the very least rather frightened individuals.

It would be an interesting survey. Several peeps have said "yeah, I'm smiling, I was bullied myself".

See how it works - when you use violence to solve problems, you just create support for more violence.
edit on 20-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Is it just me or are these teachers getting sicker by the day? Why would this teacher
think they had any right at all to let this kid get beat up on!!?? Needs to be jailed!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

I am not agreeing with the teacher on this one but there are times when violence is the only answer. Judging when that maybe the case is the hard part.

I agree with this, It's about instilling confidence in your child, combined with morals and ethics. Unfortunately my old man didn't do this for me, he was a violent alcoholic. I promised myself not to raise my kids the same way.

For example, you could teach your kid boxing or self defense but without the moral "code of conduct" that goes with it, he/she could become an ego tripping bully too. These things go hand in hand.

It really does begin with the parents as kids are easily impressionable.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by SyphonX
In case everyone hasn't noticed...

The latest agenda /slash/ groupthink phenomena is the idea of (in a nutshell) praising corporal punishment and creating a harsher environment for the children of tomorrow. You know, "so they toughen up and learn". Because that's what is wrong with our society. The children with no stake in anything are not tough enough to adapt to the war-torn, hyper-industrialized

In general, people that have denied their shame in being sociopaths and unsympathetic souls, and have instead attempted to foist their nonsense on society as a whole. So they might feel "normal", and not disgusting. The "Facebook Generation". People who have never, and will never learn the virtue of having responsibility for the things they say to other human beings, because they just talk about it in "groups" online, showcasing their bravado. The result is a derivative.. Groupthink. In this environment, it suddenly becomes normal to organize a group-beating of a child in a public school.

You can also find these people in "license to breed" and "selective breeding" discussions.

TL;DR : Epidemic of Apathy.

Uh... WTH???

No idea what you are saying dude.

Yeah, I thought that one might be a little bit too perceptive for you

Gives me a good excuse to quote the smartest post in this thread so far. Damn that was some righteous sheet!
edit on 20-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Good on the teacher, cant stand bullies. If this happens everytime a bully bullies someone, the bully will soon stop it. after all look at the ratio- bully 1 hit - students 24 hits

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Violence is not the answer to violence...There are other ways to solve the problem.

This just sends the wrong message. While I do see the point of what the teacher did, it still tells children to fight back with fist instead of words.

I agree, thats why I think WW2 was a complete failure. Hitler just needed a good talking to, not his army decimated...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

The teacher was sort of immature in her selection of discipline but I will bet the boy was mean and drove everyone in the class to want to hit him. He felt like he deserved the slaps since he did not tell his mother, I don't believe he was traumatized in the slightest or he would have reported the incident to his mom. Preventing the teacher from working again sort of tells me why the child is a bully - his mom is one as well.

Now I do not condone the punishment for the miserable, mean and unruly boy. He should have been sent to Principals office EVERY time he acts up and hits another student and his mother called to take him home. A teacher is ill prepared to deal with "problem" children and bully's. There is no plan of action or recommended way to handle bully's presently and I think this is a part of the problem. Some people would rather ignore the fact one disruptive child can make lives miserable, spoil the education of and ruin the concentration of 30 others.

edit on 20-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Teye22

I my opinion, I don't agree with what was done because you cant fight violence with violence...it sends the wrong message IMO.

Sometimes violence is necessary in self defense. It would be nice if humanity stopped using violence but we are a long ways from that yet. As long as there are people who tryt to do harm to others then it will be be necessary to use violence to stop them sometimes.

In this case the teacher imposed her authority and that will not teach the bully to stop bullying. What happens when the teacher is not around and the bully runs into one of the kids who slapped him because of the teacher allowing it? He will want revenge.

I agree that the best remedy for a bully is a good ass whoopin how ever it has to happen naturally from those being bullied. Suspension etc just teaches the bully he needs to instill more fear in his methods so his victims will not tell on him. However if his victims stand up to him and whip his ass problem solved.

Although I have to agree with your point, I would like to add that this was not self defense as the initial incident (from the bully) occured before the "slapping" did. Thus the slapping became Bullying since they all ganged up on him. I just don't think it was right in the way that it DID happen. If he pushed the other kid and right away the kid would have punch him out....that would have been self defense all the way and I would have sent him a trophy.

Teye22
edit on 20-6-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
(I do agree that he had it coming though)

Why do you think that?

Mind telling me what he did to deserve it.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If I were the teacher, I would have made it a requirement that the kids use a fist instead of an open hand.
can't stand bullying

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hilarious logic from the people trying to justify this. "It teaches kids to stand up to bullies! It helps them!"
No it doesn't. What it teaches them that it is fine to stand up for yourself by practicing physical violence on your tormentor, only when they have the support of their authority (the teacher in this case).

These kids lined up and slapped the bully. None of these kids were standing up for themselves by doing this, they were just doing as they were told by their teacher and what do they learn from that? Okay, the bully's humiliated by it all, but the other kids just learn that "standing up for themselves" involves the support of an adult and the rest of your peers acting alongside you. Sorry, but that just isn't how it works.

How can anyone honestly think that any of these children have come out stronger and wiser for this?
edit on 20/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This should be standard bully treatment in every grade 1-12.. I can think of several bastards from my school days I would have tried to slap hard enough to knock a tooth out.

Good going for this teacher, now if we can just get all teachers to adopt this same bully treatment we might can cut down on school shootings.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Dunno, I didnt have time to read the story..but I did like the gist of it

Btw, +1 for corporal punishment. As the good book says 'spare the rod, spoil the child'.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Well that's the thing.. the story suggests that he was only "accused of being a bully" in light of the situation leaking out. In fact, the many articles on the subject say he only "acted out in line", and never says anything about past events, or exactly what he did at all. Just "acting out".

There is no evidence, nor fact that he was even a bully to begin with. In fact the mother states she was never told of any situations before, none.. and I am inclined to believe her. Otherwise the school board would have released his little "dossier" to protect its image.

It seems to me some people in this thread go "quickly to the rod", as you say... Which disturbs me, but I'm not going to drudge up the psychological implications of that nugget.
edit on 20-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by Teye22
(I do agree that he had it coming though)

Why do you think that?

Mind telling me what he did to deserve it.

Regards,

After thinking it through, you're absolutely right, I'll take that back....I wrote that out of a bit of
....What I meant was like a saying I was tought as a kid as most of you probably know..."Don't do onto others what you don't want them to do to you!!" (though I know he likely didn't push every kid in his class).

Please note that I do not encourage violence at all unless it IS in legitimate self defense. If I take a step back and look at the big picture, he is only 6 and it is not too late for him to learn respect of others. But its up to the parents to teach him. If I was that kid's(bully) parent, I would be pissed too but I would ask him how it made him feel and make him reallize that this is how others feel when he does these things to them.

Last year (June), my son got pushed down a play structure in the school yard just because the other kid wanted to slide down first and he hit his head pretty hard. The school called me at work and I had to go get him to take him to the ER. Luckily he had no serious injury!! I found out that the kid that pushed him did that almost on a daily basis and never got a suspension or nothing even after numerous complaints to the principal. THIS is why I get angry when I hear things like this. My son wanted to go hit him the next day to get revenge (he told me so) and I told him that if he did that I would confiscate his bike for the summer...I told him to just stay away from him and NOT to talk to him because it could provoke him. I explained that if he went to get revenge, then he would be no better than him. They were both 6 at the time....

It worked and my kid learned not to use violence and that it would get him nowhere. When he is a bit older, he will learn self defence as I feel it is a great source of physical & mental training and also teaches discipline. That is only when I KNOW that he will be able to use full jugement and not use it against others (unless in defense of course)....This is also only when I get permission from my boss (wife)

Teye22

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Teacher was wrong, kids shoulda deal with him themselfs
edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The teacher was wrong, first she should have observed and seen if the kid really was a bully then if so she should have told the kids being bullied the next time he pushes you, you stand up for yourself and i'll make sure you do not get in trouble for it..

A lot of people in this thread are the reason why bullying is so prevalent. The hands OFF approach doesnt always work. Sometimes the kid being bullied needs to go ahead and punch the bullier dead in the nose making his shirt a bright red.

Bully gets one free pass to correct behavior before a butt kicking.

First approach get teachers/school to talk to him or his parents if that doesn't work my child better stand up for themselves and ill teach them how.

They better not let a bully continuously walk over them or they will be in trouble from me as well.

Bullys love the cliche saying violence doesn't solve violence, so those saying it keep supporting your local bully..

Their is a time to be nice and try to solve things civilized and without your fists, but their is also a time to put your foot up someones ass.
edit on 20-6-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have to agree with many here that this is flat-out wrong and unethical even though I was bullied. I suppose in rare cases some people just might be born mean but most abuser's have/are being abused. The kid that bullied me ended up committing suicide, his home life was so rough.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
All this does is teaches the kid how to draw the foul then get rewarded for it. Just have to be bad enough for someone to do something worse to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join