It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mob violence being taught to children, awesome! Maybe next time they'll have a stoning in the parking lot.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If this kid was a bully, pulling a stunt like forcing all the other students to hit him is going to give the kid more anger and more fuel to bully. What was this homicidal maniac training class, I hate bullies as much as the next guy, but this is wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I told teachers and my parents. He got in trouble. He got "talked to", he got some detention. He didn't care. It actually made it worse. He was worse than ever because now he had something else against me. I had told on him. So every time I told it just got worse and worse.

I hope those posters that feel just talking to children, or reporting bullying to teachers and administrators, is the answer to stopping a bully, will stop and read your personal experience. Unfortunately, the only thing bullies understand is the same physical and verbal abuse they inflict.

I knew a boy that was held back a year. He was older than the other students so he felt like he was stronger and would always push kids around. One day we were playing flag football and this particular kid was upset at another kid because he felt he was right about something. He punched the kid in the chest and this kid landed back a punch to his stomach and knocked the air out of him. His eyes welled up with tears, and it was the last time he ever pushed this kid around. We all patted the kid who fought back on the back when we were alone with him.

I'm all for non-violence, but this world isn't perfect. Human beings are not like products on an assembly line. We all have things that make us tick. Some people's behavior just doesn't change with a simple talk. If that was true, we wouldn't have jails over flowing with criminals and murderers.

I'll say it again, if we don't start teaching our kids real consequences for bad behavior, you'll end up having out-of-control children which will eventually lead to an increase in crime. Don't believe me, take some time and spend a week in a high school and watch the behavior of youth today. These are the youth that have no fear because they never faced real meaning consequences for their bad behavior. When you're there, take note of these things...

-Count how many times you hear the F-bomb in the hallways (and it's not whispered).

-Listen how they talk back to teachers and verbally swear at them.

-Listen to the sexually explicit conversations they have (again it's not whispered).

-Watch how the number of fights between girls out number the fights between boys.

-Check out the excessive amount of vandalism in school restrooms and on the outside walls around the school.

-Check-out the apathetic behavior and lack of participation in the classroom.

-Check out their obscene dress, with sagging pants below their butt, girls with low neckline t-shirts, and suggestive sayings on their t-shirts.

-Listen to the yelling down the hallways when classes are in session.

-Watch how students ignore teacher directives or classroom demonstrations.

-Watch how students will continue to use cell phones and I-pods in the classroom knowing it's against school policy.

-Watch how they will physically attack police officers, administrators and teachers when they're caught doing something criminal.

Folks, the youth are out of control, and I hate to say it, it's because physically disciplining your kid (not to the point of abuse) is considered abuse in the eyes of the law. The pendulum has swung in favor of children's rights over their parents rights to discipline their own children. Smack your kid because he stomped on a kids head and almost paralyzed him, you can find yourself in jail. Welcome to the generation that feels entitled to everything.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Guys corporal punishment in schools in texas isn't illegal.
She should of slapped him

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Guys corporal punishment in schools in texas isn't illegal.
She should of slapped him

Same here in the central mid-west. I remember there were two times I got whipped by the principles paddle in elementary school. Most only need one. I was a bit stubborn. I absolute do not mind and nor am I mentally scarred after the fact.

Parents should practice corporal punishment (not beatings, just corporal punishment) and so should the schools. Hell, so should the military for that matter. (Time out in boot camp????)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
This is a really bad idea...it tells the bully that hitting is OK when the other person is "wrong". I fail to see how a lesson is being taught here besides not bullying whatever kid he was that caused the teacher's reaction.

I'd like to "hit" you.

Damn, you are a sexy thang.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
this thread and most of its replies is a joke right?, what are you all on?, this boy is only 6 years old, 6 years old, just thought i might repeat myself, what a bunch of wet sounding idiots a lot of you sound like, yeah lock him up and throw away the key, if i were one of the parents of the children forced to slap this child i would sue the teacher, what is wrong with you people, how can anyone see this as being ok, I would like to think that you pro lot are not parents but i am probably wrong, i would assume that 90% of you are american, it does seem to be the m.o. in your society, nothing was proved, he's only 6 years old, 6 years old, i've got to keep repeating it, damn you all sound so soft and stupid. I once watched a video of some people in the middle east having a truck drive over a young boys arm to break it as a punishment for theft, not much older than this little lad, made me feel sick, just like this thread!!!!

Absolutely!!!! and when he is 16 years old and he just shot some kid we have to understand it is not his fault. We should sue the parents of the victim because he obviously wasn't sensitive enough to the needs of the perpetrator and so the perpetrator had absolutely no choice but to shoot him. I mean, he is just a "child" and cannot be responsible for his actions. He has to be coddled and taught how shooting people is wrong so that he will grow up to be a well adjusted adult.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
reply to post by THELONIO

Ok get this straight , I did have a problem with a parent, my son was 8yo and this bully was picking on him and other kids. I saw it!! I was very nice to this kids dad I figured maybe he didn't know his son was a bully and gave him the option to take care of this himself when he didn't after talking to me a few times I handeled the problem myself!! The father was a complete duplicate of his son!! And you won't belive it but the father is a good friend of mine now!! My son took aikido classes with his son and they are best friends now too, my son is 20 now and attending college with his son, my son waited a year to go to college so his best friend could go with him

Just remember. Your enemy's don't allways have to stay your enemy

Ahmen brother. Dr. Spock (thelonio) has no idea how things work. My best friend of 19 years and I met in a fight. The reason is irrelevant. We were both punks, we traded a few blows, we then became best friends. It is the way things are (or at least used to be when we raised men in this world).

Don';t feed the Dr. Spock troll. She is a fool who doesn't live in the real world.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It would have been better if a few of the kids took it upon themselves to do this, and the teacher decided to turn a blind eye and let them have their way for a little while. That would be a more natural solution.

That would have been the best way I suppose. The teacher wouldn't get in trouble that way.

Kind of like when prison guards let the inmates beat the living hell out of pedophiles and pretend they were none the wiser.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
reply to post by viperdave

if bullying exists at a school then it is a failure of the school not always the parent especially when the children are 6 years old, they must be supervised at all times, when i leave my child at school i am entrusting them with a duty of care for my child it is the schools responsibility to stop my child being bullied and to stop them also from hurting other children. p.s. , its nice to hear that everything worked out ok for your son

I agree Dr. Spock. It is also not their fault when they lose their jobs. It is the fault of the "establishment" for not properly hand holding them through the job until they were competent enough to garner a basic or rudimentary understanding of the tasks they had to perform.

Silly Spock. It is absolutely the fault of the parents. Schools are NOT baby-sitters. At least not in the real world. Maybe in progressive liberal socio-marxist la-la land they are, but in the rest of the world they are there to teach a curriculum. Parents teach manners, discipline, ethics, etc....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As I perused this thread I slowly became aware of how strongly divided this issue is along a
left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative paradigm.

It made me rethink my position on aggressive/preemptive foreign wars...

You don't coddle bullies...

You punch them straight in the mouth and fight back with every thing you have....only a zero-tolerance
approach works.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Edit to add- This kid will probably turn out to be a serial killer who targets teachers or school-kids now. Congratulations teacher of the year!
edit on 19-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Oddly enough, when I was in school and teachers gave whippings and parents gave whippings and when your friends parents gave whippings and sent you home for a whipping we had absolute ZERO school shootings.

Today..............

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Am I the only one who is actually smiling on the inside after reading this story?

You and maybe (however many stars you have) other people. Me? Not so much. If this is proven true, this brainless, thoughtless, out-of-control teacher should be fired and never let near children again. Reprehensible on so many levels.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
reply to post by xEphon

I'm sorry, but I love this. My hat off to the teacher, a true visionary.
Es
I was bullied, I had my head held under schoolbus wheels by a bully who was waiting for the bus to leave. He was 3 years older than me. I got him years later though.

I was later bullied by another jock, whose mom was a teachers aid. She was in charge of monitoring break activities, but she turned a blind eye as her demon spawn kicked my butt repeatedly.

So I developed a general disdain for jocks, and was thus bullied throughout my time served in public school.

I don't care that it is a six year old. He deserves it.

Only I would carry it farther and have his parents beaten and humiliated in public as well.

A lesson to learn. There is always a bigger bully. When I was in school I used to push around certain students and I was on some sports teams. But there were bigger dudes who would push me around. The difference is in the location for the most part. What happens to one person on the playground or hallway happens to another in the locker room or on the field. There is always a bigger bully. Some bullies have yet to encounter the bigger bully so they act as if they can get away with anything. It isn't until they get whipped in school, whipped by someone bigger, or whipped by their boss that they will learn. Well, some may not ever learn, but most will.

We are humans. Survival of the fittest. Alpha male and all that. It is the way it works. The only thing a bully understands is a bigger bully, whether or not that is a fist, a paddle, or threat of a firing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In case everyone hasn't noticed...

The latest agenda /slash/ groupthink phenomena is the idea of (in a nutshell) praising corporal punishment and creating a harsher environment for the children of tomorrow. You know, "so they toughen up and learn". Because that's what is wrong with our society. The children with no stake in anything are not tough enough to adapt to the war-torn, hyper-industrialized world of today...

In general, people that have denied their shame in being sociopaths and unsympathetic souls, and have instead attempted to foist their nonsense on society as a whole. So they might feel "normal", and not disgusting. The "Facebook Generation". People who have never, and will never learn the virtue of having responsibility for the things they say to other human beings, because they just talk about it in "groups" online, showcasing their bravado. The result is a derivative.. Groupthink. In this environment, it suddenly becomes normal to organize a group-beating of a child in a public school.

You can also find these people in "license to breed" and "selective breeding" discussions.

TL;DR : Epidemic of Apathy.

edit on 19-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Mob violence being taught to children, awesome! Maybe next time they'll have a stoning in the parking lot.

Or, at a minimum, a blanket party.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
In case everyone hasn't noticed...

The latest agenda /slash/ groupthink phenomena is the idea of (in a nutshell) praising corporal punishment and creating a harsher environment for the children of tomorrow. You know, "so they toughen up and learn". Because that's what is wrong with our society. The children with no stake in anything are not tough enough to adapt to the war-torn, hyper-industrialized

In general, people that have denied their shame in being sociopaths and unsympathetic souls, and have instead attempted to foist their nonsense on society as a whole. So they might feel "normal", and not disgusting. The "Facebook Generation". People who have never, and will never learn the virtue of having responsibility for the things they say to other human beings, because they just talk about it in "groups" online, showcasing their bravado. The result is a derivative.. Groupthink. In this environment, it suddenly becomes normal to organize a group-beating of a child in a public school.

You can also find these people in "license to breed" and "selective breeding" discussions.

TL;DR : Epidemic of Apathy.

Uh... WTH???

No idea what you are saying dude.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This all starts with the parents. If they're dysfunctional i.e fighting, yelling, not disciplining the kids, they will will be edgy and nervous and emulate their parents. To condone another person for punishing YOUR child for ANY reason is flat out reprehensible.

I have two boys of my own, and they will not bully ANYBODY without repercussions from "good 'ol Dad"! Vice versa, if somebody thinks they can punish MY kids, they also risk severe punishment!

Even worse is the way in which the teacher accomplished this. Disgusting!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by Bone75

Edit to add- This kid will probably turn out to be a serial killer who targets teachers or school-kids now. Congratulations teacher of the year!
edit on 19-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Oddly enough, when I was in school and teachers gave whippings and parents gave whippings and when your friends parents gave whippings and sent you home for a whipping we had absolute ZERO school shootings.

Today..............

Actually, you did have school shootings "back in the day". . . Here are a few of very many, dating as far back as 1853. . .

* July 4, 1886: Charleston, South Carolina During Sunday school, Emma Connelly shot and killed John Steedley for "circulating slanderous reports" about her, even though her brother publicly whipped him a few days earlier.

* June 12, 1887: Cleveland, Tennessee Will Guess went to the school and fatally shot Miss Irene Fann, his little sister's teacher, for whipping her the day before.

Wow, corporal punishment really works. . .

* May 18, 1927: Bath, Michigan School treasurer Andrew Kehoe, after killing his wife and destroying his house and farm, blew up the Bath Consolidated School by detonating dynamite in the basement of the school, killing 38 people, mostly children. He then pulled up to the school in his Ford car, then set off a truck bomb, killing himself and four others. Only one shot was fired in order to detonate dynamite in the car. This was deadliest act of mass murder at a school in the United States.

You can look at the rest here (there are many):
Source: Wikipedia

School shootings happen as a result of emotional trauma and neglect followed by an adapting to it in an unhealthy way, among many other variables and factors. . .

. . . School shootings don't happen because children aren't beaten enough.. Jesus Christ ...

edit on 19-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Today..............

A whipping is one thing, but lining up 24 classmates to smack a 6 year old kid in the face?

Rule #1 in my home (and this goes for mom, grandma, grandpa, babysitters, or anyone else supervising my kids)

The first hand to smack the face of one of my children is coming off. In this case those kids would be taught by a one-handed teacher.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join