It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Am I the only one who is actually smiling on the inside after reading this story?

Nope. I'm with ya.

I do worry that the bully will just be that much meaner to the kids though. Having them line up and smack him with the teacher standing by is not really a solution. Funny and appropriate, but not a long-term solution. As soon as the teacher is gone, the bully will still be a bully.

It would have been better if a few of the kids took it upon themselves to do this, and the teacher decided to turn a blind eye and let them have their way for a little while. That would be a more natural solution.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

A guy i work with grew up in El Paso. There were (and likely still are) dozens and dozens of gangs. Back then it was mostly fighting, with occasional knives/chains/etc. But make no mistake, El Paso was (and still is) a VERY rough town.

His thoughts were, "That is 24 kids who will be beaten to a pulp by whatever gang the other kid is affiliated with." Of course, at the really young age of these kids, it may not be fact. But the bigger lesson here is that the school cannot sponsor justice among its pupils. It is better off teaching them to be strong, and then containing overflows to prevent real injury.

Somewhere along the way people took hold of the misguided notion that they have a right to safety. We don't. If we want safety, it is up to us to secure it for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
While I don't agree with the method this teacher chose (as it is encouraging other children to be violent that don't want to be), I have to say that as a kid I noticed the only cure for a bully was to either get a taste of their own medicine, or to have one of their bullied kids finally rise up and sock the crap out of them.
I spent my son's kindergarten watching a first grade bully getting away with everything. He would hit, push kids off swings, throw sand in kid's faces, and destroy other kid's creations. He seemed to relish hurting others. When you would confront him, he would just get this s**t-eating grin on his face and look bewildered as if he had no idea why!
The aides would put him on a bench and he would be back up and doing it again in two minutes. All year, I tried to figure out why he was allowed to get away with it, as this is a charter school and generally a lot stricter about their students as there are waiting lists and such. Finally two weeks before the end of the school year, as I was sitting with my son in the sandbox, this bully kid jumped in there and ended up kicking my son in the head. I had enough and told the aides that something had to be done about this kid. They told me that my son needed to tell them, not me. I said "What is the point?? All you will do is tell the kid to sit on a bench and he will go right back to it!"
I took it to the office and was determined to get an answer as to why he seemed to be protected all year. Finally found out he was a son of one of the aides. I raised enough of a stink that they finally put the kid on an all-home track. I know his teacher had problems all year and other parents had complained so they finally decided to stop protecting him. It just made no sense why they would expend this much energy to work around this child who had such problems, instead of putting him on a home track. Everyone had to work circles around this one kid!!
Bullies suck, but often the problem starts with the parents, as I have learned.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its funny how almost half the states in the USA,including texas, corporal punishment is not illegal in schools.
the teacher should of given him a smack in the face.
I think he has learned the wrong lesson from this experience
I guess im biased as i find kids so annoying most of them need a good smack
edit on 19-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
this thread and most of its replies is a joke right?, what are you all on?, this boy is only 6 years old, 6 years old, just thought i might repeat myself, what a bunch of wet sounding idiots a lot of you sound like, yeah lock him up and throw away the key, if i were one of the parents of the children forced to slap this child i would sue the teacher, what is wrong with you people, how can anyone see this as being ok, I would like to think that you pro lot are not parents but i am probably wrong, i would assume that 90% of you are american, it does seem to be the m.o. in your society, nothing was proved, he's only 6 years old, 6 years old, i've got to keep repeating it, damn you all sound so soft and stupid. I once watched a video of some people in the middle east having a truck drive over a young boys arm to break it as a punishment for theft, not much older than this little lad, made me feel sick, just like this thread!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

If that bully was your kid and he bullied my son. 6yo or 16 yo I would come to your house and have a talk with you about your son. I would be nice and inform you of what your son is doing to my son and other kids and ask to have you do something about it. If your sons actions didn't stop, I would warn you to please get your son to stop or there will be a problem. And if he still doesnt stop, you and I will take this outside ourselfs and I will make my point clear by bullying you!!! ( I have done that once in the past......... Guess what? No more problem!!!)

This kid clearly has bad parents and they need to be accountable for it

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

he is six,6 years old, you sound like frank doberman, maybe your kid is just a little soft and see's things as bullying when it is not, some children need to toughen up before it results in you coming to my house and getting all aggresive, damn you need to grow up, I have a son who was and is enormous for his age at three years old in pre school the teachers informed us that they wanted our child to see a councillor because the other kids were afraid of him, he was not a bully he had not hurt anybody, if it came to a struggle over a toy my son would obviously win, i told them no!. My son is a boy, he does not hurt people and never has, has never bullied anybody and hopefully never will, it is attitudes like yours that would have condemned a perfectly innocent child because of over protection from a parent of a soft child,

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
so a 6 year old's word is gold ?

they still tell stories at that age

big massive whoppers

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ok get this straight , I did have a problem with a parent, my son was 8yo and this bully was picking on him and other kids. I saw it!! I was very nice to this kids dad I figured maybe he didn't know his son was a bully and gave him the option to take care of this himself when he didn't after talking to me a few times I handeled the problem myself!! The father was a complete duplicate of his son!! And you won't belive it but the father is a good friend of mine now!! My son took aikido classes with his son and they are best friends now too, my son is 20 now and attending college with his son, my son waited a year to go to college so his best friend could go with him

Just remember. Your enemy's don't allways have to stay your enemy

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

if bullying exists at a school then it is a failure of the school not always the parent especially when the children are 6 years old, they must be supervised at all times, when i leave my child at school i am entrusting them with a duty of care for my child it is the schools responsibility to stop my child being bullied and to stop them also from hurting other children. p.s. , its nice to hear that everything worked out ok for your son

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not the type to hold grudges against people. I felt there was a reason why this kid was bullying my son and others. His dad was an alcoholic , lost his job, and about to lose his wife and kid, after our confrontation in his front yard, I found these thing out, and spent the rest of the weekend getting him sober and into AA. Since he lost his drivers licence I took him to meetings for the next month and helped him get sober and find a job

His bully son didn't have any friends, that's why he bullied people my son ecame his friend and shortly the bully wasn't a bully anymore!!

His dad tells me that I saved his life, marriage and family I don't think so, I just gave him a kick in the pants and let him know what his prioritys were supposed to be

Sometimes people need a kick in the pants to get there attention

I whipped my sons. Butt when he was 5 for running out in the street to get a ball ,luckily the car stopped a few feet from him, I gave him a good ass whoopin! Yes at 5yo!! He NEVER did that again!! As he grew older I could reason with him when he did something wrong and teach him right from wrong by talking to him

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
if this 'bully' let 24 kids, non-bullies, slap him in turn, he wasn't a bully to begin with.

a real bully would have knocked the teeth out of the first kid that hit him and when the teacher came to his aid, bully would have fought with her as well.

the teacher just picked some poor sap to play a bully to make the rest of the students feel empowered.

whoa, is the day when you people actually have to contend with a real bully.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not sure where I stand on this. My 11 yr old was bullied by this one giant fat brat from pre school to 3rd grade. I mean, my son came home with lumps on his head, cuts to his lip, etc....one day us parents were standing out front waiting for the kids to come out. What we all witnessed was this same bully shoving my son over the threshold of the front doors, so my son cracked his face on the concrete. I was held back by several parents because I had enough and I was trying to get at this bully to spank his butt. Long story short, the teacher reached her hand out and yanked the bully by his backpack right off his feet and back into the school. After I had previously made numerous complaints over those years, I told the school, that if the little brat laid one finger on my boy again, I would call the police. The brat got expelled...never had a problem since!!

For the record, never have I ever spanked another's child. Not even my own......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do believe that this teacher should get a medal, not only for teaching a bully a lesson but for teaching 24 young kids that sometimes there is justice in the world. Probably planted a seed of hope that will last a lifetime, and that's more than most people get.

Teacher overstepped her boundaries and will sadly probably be let go, but I wish that person all the best of luck.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Evil has taken over this site. I've noticed it in all of the threads dealing with a question of morality. Just return to the first page of this thread and take notice of the stars. Look how many stars are given to those who support what this teacher has done vs. the amount given to those who are opposed. There are an equal amount of people commenting on both sides of the issue, yet the support given to those positions is as lop-sided as it gets. Why is that? Are the "morally just" really that outnumbered here, or are those who like to throw rocks in glass houses just more supportive of one another?

I personally think the teacher is a bigger bully than the kid that was slapped 24 times.

Edit to add- This kid will probably turn out to be a serial killer who targets teachers or school-kids now. Congratulations teacher of the year!
edit on 19-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If it were one of my children being made to line up and slap another child I would be mortified and would be giving that teacher as much hell as the 'bullys' mother.

The boy is 6 YEARS OLD! There is a reason he lashes out, he just needs someone to find what that reason is and help him. The teacher allowing this to happen to him is not going to solve anything. It will not teach the boy a good lesson and it does not teach the other kids about justice or how to behave in the world. All any of the kids have learnt will be that if someone upsets you or is mean to you, just use violence.
Nice lesson there for our future generation, huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

For a six year old?

Why smile? That's an age where this sort of behavior can be corrected and having the kids gang up on him is not the way to do it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't know what's going through some teacher's heads. I mean, I understand she wanted the bully to feel what it was like to be bullied, but there is thing called a Teacher's Code of Ethics. It's really a no brainier. I think colleges need to spend more time on this issue before a teacher is given their teaching certificates.

I can understand those that have been bullied must have a smile from ear to ear after reading the ops thread. I can really relate to it because some parents are told that their son or daughter are bullying other students, but the parent fails to discipline their child accordingly or blames the bullied student. So the student who is getting bullied continues to be bullied after repeated attempts by school administrators to make it clear to the parent to take control of their son or daughter's behavior. School officials really have their hands tied. The most drastic action a school official can do is have a student arrested for assault, but most bullying goes on in stairwell's, restrooms, and in empty hallways well away from school officials. The assault has to be witnessed to file charges. Even than, the bullied, especially in the high school environment doesn't want to be looked at as a snitch or a baby. Being a "snitch" in high school will cause you to be harassed by the majority of their peers.

No matter how cruel this was, and again I'm not justifying the teacher's action, this young boy might have had a life changing experience that may have prevented him from being sent to jail later in life. It sounds like this young boy was quite the bully if this teacher took such a drastic step (not the smartest step). In his latter years, he could become responsible for causing another student to commit suicide or possibly being the victim of a student acting out his revenge for being bullied. Unfortunately, when you compare the two scenarios, if you were the mother or father of a child who committed suicide because of a bully, these slaps this student received would end up being a drop in a bucket.

Parents of bullies really don't understand the seriousness of their son or daughters actions. Many older teachers of my generation have grown up during the years of corporal punishment. We all talk about the difference in student's behavior between than and now. If something isn't done to give students real consequences for their actions, students will be out of control and the learning environment will be sacrificed (which it already is). The result will be the decline of the American Educational System which these world rankings clearly show has already happened.

14th in reading
17th in science
25th in mathematics (below average)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I'm sorry, but I love this. My hat off to the teacher, a true visionary.
Es
I was bullied, I had my head held under schoolbus wheels by a bully who was waiting for the bus to leave. He was 3 years older than me. I got him years later though.

I was later bullied by another jock, whose mom was a teachers aid. She was in charge of monitoring break activities, but she turned a blind eye as her demon spawn kicked my butt repeatedly.

So I developed a general disdain for jocks, and was thus bullied throughout my time served in public school.

I don't care that it is a six year old. He deserves it.

Only I would carry it farther and have his parents beaten and humiliated in public as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its absolutely abusive and illegal. No form of corporal punishment is acceptable for children or adults. But this a school, and this teacher is not judge and jury, and this appalling.

That the OP smiles at this, shows the kind of agenda he is on with this article, and I have quite a few ideas of where this trend originates, I think its the whole SS Nazi Sharia type one, they're trying to phase in.

I assure you, they will be caving in, not phasing in, to the Equality/Freedom/Progression of all people.

Thanks for the libtard nonsense dr. spock. It is this type of mamby-pamby junk that has led to the decline in moral fortitude and total lack of ethics in children today. no consequences. that'll teach em.

Progression, you mean "progressive"? sheesh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join