It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Amazing part is that the teacher is stupid enough in this day and age to not think there would be repercussions for something like this.
edit on 19-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I my opinion, I don't agree with what was done because you cant fight violence with violence...it sends the wrong message IMO.

However I agree that something MUST be done against bullying!!

Here is what I think should be done in a Bullying case:

1st offence = 1 week suspension from school and a nice fine to the parents!!! (like 500$ or so)
2nd offence = 1 month suspension from school and a nicer fine to the parents!!! (like 1000$ or so)
3rd......expelled and jailed for a year or two (if juvy) or mandatory military school.....he would learn beleive you me!

Might sound harsh or over reacting but some kids commit suicide because they are being bullied and nothing gets done about it. And for those that wouldn't agree with the fines above...I am stating this because parent should be held accountable for the behavior of their children...I take full accountability for my 3 kids that are raised well and very polite and respectful. I dont scream at them / dont hit them but am very strict on our family values...and they are sinking into them very well.

It is our responsibility to raise awareness for the future generations!

Peace to all!

Teye22

link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by Unity_99

Its absolutely abusive and illegal. No form of corporal punishment is acceptable for children or adults. But this a school, and this teacher is not judge and jury, and this appalling.

Really? The schools have been entrusted to raise our children for decades, why are parents complaining? They think it's just fine to cast off their responsibility to the government to train their children what is good or bad, how they ought to think, what they should value or not etc.... I hardly see why any parent can legitimately complain. *shrugs

THey are not Entrusted, but mere servants of the Employer group, us. We are the guardians and watchdogs of Democracy and our environment.

But even more so, its fascist and unconstitutional.

link   
People engage in psychopathic behaviour because in Western society, there's a reward for doing it.

I had a cousin who when he was a teenager, was a kleptomaniac. He had a chronic stealing problem. When he grew up, he became a salesman selling subscriptions to cable television. Whenever he got away with stealing something, or making a sale, he always had a very satisfied smile on his face. I knew he believed that when he successfully behaved in a sociopathic manner, it meant that he should be proud of himself, because he'd just got the upper hand over somebody else.

Brutalising children isn't going to stop people having the above mentality. If anything, it continues to encourage it, because kids end up thinking that they live in a world where they have to bash or be bashed, steal or be stolen from, cheat or be cheated.

That bully isn't going to be taught not to be a bully, by getting slapped like that. He's likely going to instead want to start going to the gym when he gets older. He will want to become the biggest and most effective bully he can, because he is going to think that that is the only way he will be safe.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Violence is not the answer to violence...

Oh, sure it is. It's one of several ways of dealing with the problem. If every time this kid tried to dry-gulch a playmate, about five others beat him in the dirt, it'd stop. People often do very well with negative-feedback training.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The problem with this isn't so much it being physical reprisal, it's the fact that it's authority-mandated punishment. If the children did this themselves, it wouldn't have been so bad but it's a terrible message to send to the bully when the teacher does it.

When I was in Jr. High, I stabbed a bully in the eye with a pencil. This was in the 90's, mind you, so these kind of things didn't result in expulsion like they do now. Point is that I ran in to this guy at a party years later and he was the nicest guy. I like to think I had a part in his jerkaholic rehabilitation. But if the teacher had mandated that I hurt him, both the bully and I would have grown up fearing authority.

This teacher was wrong and most likely just living vicariously through the children because of the teacher's own childhood. I hope the teacher doesn't try to enter them into pageants to fulfill other childhood dreams.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I my opinion, I don't agree with what was done because you cant fight violence with violence...it sends the wrong message IMO.

Sometimes violence is necessary in self defense. It would be nice if humanity stopped using violence but we are a long ways from that yet. As long as there are people who tryt to do harm to others then it will be be necessary to use violence to stop them sometimes.

In this case the teacher imposed her authority and that will not teach the bully to stop bullying. What happens when the teacher is not around and the bully runs into one of the kids who slapped him because of the teacher allowing it? He will want revenge.

I agree that the best remedy for a bully is a good ass whoopin how ever it has to happen naturally from those being bullied. Suspension etc just teaches the bully he needs to instill more fear in his methods so his victims will not tell on him. However if his victims stand up to him and whip his ass problem solved.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I know its wrong. I know I shouldn't feel this way. But, on the inside, I am smiling too.

Did the teacher act appropriately? LIkely not But at least she has the stones to stand up and defend her students from the alpha's of the group looking to victimize them.

I was a bully in high school. But i only bullied the bully's. I spent my time with the kids that the "popular" kids wouldn't hang out with, defending them from the "popular" bullies that did everything from physical abuse to just making fun of them mercilessly. It broke my heart to see a peer being made to feel somehow less than our other peers, and i used my size to put a stop to it. Once i saw someone bullying someone else a few times, i started doing the same to them until they got the picture and stopped.

Bullying is one of only a couple of real sore spots with me (the other being shallow, materialistic viewpoints).
edit on 19-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You can be as liberal about this as you want... but this kid will probably never bully anyone else. You can bet on that.

Sometimes it's the most simple solution that garners the best results

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
LOL @ morons trying to justify a teacher and 24 kids bullying an ``alleged`` bully.

LOL @ morons using "alleged" over a factual case.
It's okay, you can shed a tear for this poor bully getting slapped by 6 year olds.

What a world, What a world.
edit on 19-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

How is it factual?

Him ``playfully`` pushing another child off the monkey bars is hardly evidence of him being this menacing bully that you and others make him out to be.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Pushing people around isn't play. It's picking on other people.

Apply it in an adult situation and see how far you can go before you get arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I absolutely think this kid deserved every smack and more. People need to be reminded that the world isn't out there to please them or give to them. Many of you upset by this are the same people who cry out against entitlement, yet bullies are the most entitled whores of them all!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I guess the point that he tried to push the kid off the monkey bars is lost on you.

Better lock up every boy in America then.

There is pushing in play context and there is pushing in bullying context; sounds like you led too sheltered a childhood to understand the difference.

It's okay though, he got the kid before him, who was smaller, real good so you can rest easy knowing this particular kid didn't get it so bad.

You mean the kid who was hanging on what amounted to a zipline? The kid who was the "bully" in question?

Right. Enjoy your ignorance.
edit on 6/19/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

LOL @ morons using "alleged" over a factual case.
It's okay, you can shed a tear for this poor bully getting slapped by 6 year olds.

What a world, What a world.
edit on 19-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

What facts?

Aiden Neely was accused of being a bully at his school, Salinas Elementary School, near San Antonio, Texas.

Guess we should start executing accused murderers.
edit on 6/19/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I feel badly that you went through all of that. It seems to me in your case...a one on one issue....you finally used self-defense.

However....what happened to you...is quite a different situation...than the incident we are talking about on here...but also you have got me to thinking....the 6 year old that got hit by all of his classmates via instructions by the teacher...well I just wonder specifically what was his previous behavior?...and who did he learn it from?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
"Oh, I forgive you for harassing the crap out of me and punching me."
"[snip] you. I hate you because you wear glasses."
WHACK.
"Oh, you don't know any better because you're six. I forgive you."
"Stuff it, Four Eyes."
SHOVE. SLAP.
"I'm forgiving you because I'm a decent kid, but I have my limits, so I've told a teacher."
"Now Johnny, you're not supposed to do that, but I know you don't know any better because you're six. Apologize."
"NO. Pffft."

"This will teach you to do as you're told, young man."
WHACK!

Never does it again because dude doesn't like pain.
Problem solved.
edit on 6/19/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

Perfect response to the post above about the typical US response of violence as the preferred method of dealing with a challenge.
What's so telling is the poster seems to think inflicting violence on a toddler REALLY IS THE ONLY WAY.

I weep for humanity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
reply to post by xEphon

Typical US solution - use violence to solve a problem

Perhaps we should line up all the parents and have them slap the bully teacher one by one, or does that idea make me just as retarded as the teacher.

If the teacher was bullying other teachers I'd be all for it!

But alas, the pussification of our youth continues and we wonder where all the respect has gone.

Ah I see, so if she had been using superior strength and power to hurt a fellow adult, then she deserves retribution. But as she is only facilitating the inflicting of violence on a little child, that's quite ok?
I think you confuse respect with FEAR.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku

Originally posted by RogerT3
reply to post by xEphon

Typical US solution - use violence to solve a problem

Perhaps we should line up all the parents and have them slap the bully teacher one by one, or does that idea make me just as retarded as the teacher.

"Typical US?", "retarded?", REALLY?! I can assure you that your proposed treatment of the teacher is not what makes you "like" the teacher...

That's a bit cryptic. Wanna spell it out. I can take it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
A six year old child learns from the environment they're raised in. This is wrong on so many levels..yes, the child needs to be shown his behavior is wrong but you simply don't fix violence issues in a small child with more violence. He behaves the way he does because of what he learns at home.

It works both ways, those kids have been shown that it good to stand up for them selves and not just bend over and take the bullying.

If the current generation of American adults had been taught not to bend over for power hungry bullies and stand up for themselves... well enough said...

Errm, they aren't standing up for themselves. They effectively get to kick the little guy whilst the teacher holds him down. That's akin to cowardice in my book.

Now, if the teacher had started a karate class and excluded the bully, and one of the little tykes had decided to try out his new skills in self defence, then we might be talking about a positive use of violent response.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Every single one of you that thought that the teacher did the right thing is a moron. This has nothing to do with teaching a lesson unless your an idiot. Do we know the kid was a bully? Am I to believe a teacher that would propose such a cowardly act? No. I have no like of bullies and agree that good butt kicken is what they need.
This accomplished nothing but teach 24 kids that hitting a defenseless person was right. If they were on a playground and were defending themselves that is one thing but this is not acceptable. Teacher should be fired and the teacher that did not report it as well. It never ceases to amaze me how dumb my fellow americans are.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Great points.

I am a firm believer that kids should be allowed to mete out their own justice in defense of themselves and their peers. Teachers in my sons school did nothing to protect him, so we had him protect himself. We cited the US Constitution and claimed his right to defend himself, despite their unconstitutional policy of "Zero Tolerance" to students fighting (where the victim is held liable with the assailant). I had the campus police officer backing me up. Guess what....he beat up about 30 kids over the ensuring month. Each time the kid he beat up (or kids, if he handled multiple at once) got put in ISS, and he got nothing but a pat on the back.

My biggest frustration with the whole situation was that the school wanted to remove the ages old dispute resolution method of the unruly preteen. Had they replaced it with a better system, I would have had no issue. But they didn't. Instead, they replaced it with apathy and inaction. We reported, reported, reported...and each time were told, "We will have a talk with ". And later that day my kid would be taunted with, "Oh, so your a narc?" and the cycle just spiraled downward.

If you are a parent, your kids have THE RIGHT to defend themselves. If your school disagrees, challenge them. The Constitution is on your side. Quit teaching your kids to cede the responsibility for their own safety to an apathetic authority.

/soapbox.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join