It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has class of 24 take turns slapping bully

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Teach took the anti-bullying campaign a bit too far. Is this what the anti-bullying experts and safe school czar Kevin Jennings are telling them to do ? Again, this is the State doing whatever it wants and teachers being part of that. This is worse than a teacher smacking a kid on his hand(like Little Women), because she is telling other children to do the same. Not that there is anything wrong with the concept of giving a bully a bit of his own medicine, but the teacher demanded the kids own friends go against their own loyalties to serve the State Master.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Great message that sends... Oh yeah hitting is BAD, unless of course an authority figure tells you to do it. Then it is acceptable and great fun. Is that the message you want schools telling your kids? What the hell kind of twisted mind does a teacher like that have? Fighting back against a bully attack is one thing, authority figure sanctioned revenge and corporal punishment is a total different ballgame.

I'm with you on this.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Make this teacher head teacher ! The little brat needed sorting, the old fashioned way,
None of your left wing, liberal, woolly minded, cotton for brains, namby pamby, don't - do - that - again, crap !

Parents these days are very good at believing their brats can do no wrong, and won't hear a word against them.

These kids are attention seeking because they have been left to their own devices at home, and get attention by behaving badly.

The only way to focus their attention is with some discipline....

Bring back the cane !

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by immortalreiku
reply to post by gentledissident

Heres how i see it. Teacher didnt hit anyone. She may have facilitiated it. Child endangerment not abuse. She will lose her job no doubt because of all the anti violence parents that have been brainwashed by society to be pussies and have everyone else stand up for them. Lets call the police !!! YAY That day if that happened here I would have hugged that teacher for being human and doing what people forgot how to a few decades ago. If

In my view there is a difference between two kids duking it out, and a teacher commanding her students to do it. Even if she just gave permission to duke it out in the playground and then she'd look the other way would be better than having the kids line up and do it right there. No, it's too much statism for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I am not left wing, I am conservative and if I was the parent I would be outraged. Likely the parent wasn't even aware of what was happening on the school playground. I do think she could leave it alone now that the teacher is being charged with a misdemeanor though.

If you agreed with this teacher's approach, you are just as much for Statist intervention as the next guy.
edit on 20-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
A six year old child learns from the environment they're raised in. This is wrong on so many levels..yes, the child needs to be shown his behavior is wrong but you simply don't fix violence issues in a small child with more violence. He behaves the way he does because of what he learns at home.

Yes, this boy is undoubtedly bullied by his parents and now the teacher. So he just learned it's all about power, as if he didn't already know. This teacher is an idiot and should be fired immediately.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
As a kid who was small and bullied this story amuses me. Where was this teacher when I was a kid?

Give her a raise.

wow you condone the hitting of a child under instruction of an ADULT? NO adult should ever lay their hands or instruct another to hit a child especially one of six.

I know why you like this. Because you were to pathetic as a child to stand up to a bully. I think you got what you deserve. I think you still get bullied and this is your little way of seeking one up on the bullies of the world.

Makes you no better than a bully. YOU were bullied for probably being the most irritating child, or just having one of
those face people just want to hit!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Can't you see though how hitting people for hitting people to show everyone that hitting people is bad, makes no sense..?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Violence is not the answer to violence...There are other ways to solve the problem.

This just sends the wrong message. While I do see the point of what the teacher did, it still tells children to fight back with fist instead of words.

what if you hit back with words and the bully breaks your nose?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by xEphon

Can't you see though how hitting people for hitting people to show everyone that hitting people is bad, makes no sense..?

it is justified force, whereas somebody lookimg at a kid minding his own business and hitting him, is not justified- how can people fail to see the difference

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Awesome......another Capital Murderer created for the future.

Humans are the smartest of all creatures-really

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A topic with much debate on both sides. I agree that the teacher took the anti-bullying too far but the interview with the mom was very telling, at no point did I see her apologising for her child being perceived as a bully, in fact it seems rather obvious to me exactly where he gets that trait, but she's entitled to protect her child from physical harm of course. The kids have all the power in the classroom thesedays, they know the teachers can't discipline them and not all parents know how to either.

I raised my voice to some children for throwing stones at passing cars, rather than supporting my comments their parents jeered and told me to mind my own business - that's the source of the problem, bad parents imo.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good. It's a hell of a lot better than the bull**** 'just lie down and take it' attitude they taught in my elementary school. I was bullied - and tried to 'just ignore it'...until I decided 'enough was enough' in Junior High and clocked one of them in the face.

The bullying pretty much stopped after that...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have to admit that i started to laugh to myself after reading this.

I just hope he reallly was a bully.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What about the repercussions. . .what's this going to do to that alleged bully!? I understand an eye-for-an-eye, but come on. . . I guess it could work as long as the "lesson" balances everything.
When I think of some kid being slapped by his peers, it reminds me of something I would expect to read about when Hitler was a kid.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by xEphon

I have never understood the "bullying" problem. Today society is more sensitive to bullying and instead of getting better it is getting worse. Now teachers are using bullying to go against bullying. whatever happened to standing up for yourself and not being a victim??

I had bullys in my day.. they all learned to respect me and leave me alone... and I am a big softy. Usually bullying is part of jostling for position. IT exists in both men and women. It will never go away, people just need to learn how to cope and realize that just because some people do not like you it does not mean it is the end of the world.

Good that you stood up for yourself and the bully now leaves you alone. But the bully then just finds another victim, perhaps someone who is weaker than you were.
edit on 6/20/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What a great way to make the next Dylan Klebold or Eric Harris. Good job, teacher! NOT

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

There is another saying that goes like this :

What goes around comes around!

Treat others the way you want to be treated. I guess he wanted to be bullied as well.

I don't get how you are even trying to give a solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You know nothing xEphon

Sanctioning group abuse on a 6 years old ... shame on you ... shame on all of you that support this

It amazes me the amount of ignorance there is here in ATS.

It amazes me how many members settle for mediocracy and the status quo.

It amazes me how many members are happy for the future generations to turn out exactly like us.

Go back to bathing your selves in the Kool-Aid and, please, stop posting such appalling rubbish on this proud site. This kind of stuff belongs on shows like Jerry Springer.

When I read posts like the OP and those that support the OP, I realise how hard it is going to be to change things.

But it will change ... After you and your backward beliefs have passed ... your children's children will wonder why Grandma and Grandpa were so blind to the truth as they move forward in healing the wounds that have held back our species for so long.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Go teacher!

You know what this whole situation teaches that bully kid? That it's okay for him to bully others, but if a teacher or anyone else lays hands on him, they're instantly wrong. This kid probrably thinks he has free reign over everything now. That is pitiful.

It's also pathetic that so many people embrace this idea--that fighting back is wrong, and that we should all let our kids just stand there and take a beating, along with the psychological abuse it comes with. God, grow up and grow a backbone, people! If the teacher was this desperate to make a point, there must have been a good reason.

God, get off your knees. If someone hurts you, don't just take it, and don't cry and whine and throw a hissy fit when your kid gets hurt--but you don't do anything about it when your kid is DOIND the hurting.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join