It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain stops Russian ship carrying attack helicopters for Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
A Sunni - Alawite problem NOT a western backed conspiracy coming from the lunatics drowning in anti west BS in this thread, they're without question delusional brainwashed idiots,

But why did the problem erupt now all of the sudden, and escalate so quickly? And why such sudden and unequivocal support for the rebels from the West?

Which is why it is also important to stop arms from those who support either side getting into the country

So why is the US/EU not pressuring the Saudi's and other Arab factions who are providing support to the rebels? No - the West is treating this as completely one sided, having clearly chosen their horse in the race. Thus Russia and others will treat it as one-sides from their perspective as well, and continue to pump support to Assad.

i think even if Assad should remove the threat/rebels ...he wont, this is a problem that will stay for many years

And yet it was quiet for over two decades without anyone making much of a peep. Even a divided nation like that can remain stable and quiet - at the expense of some liberties of course. And no, it is not ready for a democracy, not by far.

Saudis/Qatar

And who did the Saudi's and Qatar learn their tactics from? They have been playing games with CIA since the Afghan war in 80's - who is to say they are still not orchestrating support for the rebels with the guidance of the US?

There needs to be a cease fire and some diplomatic solution

Sounds nice, but not really possible at the moment. They have to beat each other silly for a long time to be desperate enough to negotiate. And after what happened to Ghaddafi, Assad is unlikely to want to parttake "diplomatic solutions" sponsored by the West.

Should there be a split state

How do you propose that without massive resettlements and refugees?

Until the premises of civilized society and secularism reach most of these fanatic numbskulls and religious demagogues on both sides of the conflict, the side with the biggest stick will rule the land. And by the way its looking, with their "Alluhu Akhbars" after firing off every shot, they are still far from grasping the concepts of modern civil societies. So let them slaughter the hell out of each other - maybe that is the only way to learn. Personally I don't mind the fireworks at all - just don't pretend that either US or Russian government really cares about the people.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

A Sunni - Alawite problem NOT a western backed conspiracy coming from the lunatics drowning in anti west BS in this thread, they're without question delusional brainwashed idiots,

But why did the problem erupt now all of the sudden, and escalate so quickly? And why such sudden and unequivocal support for the rebels from the West?

Which is why it is also important to stop arms from those who support either side getting into the country

So why is the US/EU not pressuring the Saudi's and other Arab factions who are providing support to the rebels? No - the West is treating this as completely one sided, having clearly chosen their horse in the race. Thus Russia and others will treat it as one-sides from their perspective as well, and continue to pump support to Assad.

i think even if Assad should remove the threat/rebels ...he wont, this is a problem that will stay for many years

And yet it was quiet for over two decades without anyone making much of a peep. Even a divided nation like that can remain stable and quiet - at the expense of some liberties of course. And no, it is not ready for a democracy, not by far.

Saudis/Qatar

And who did the Saudi's and Qatar learn their tactics from? They have been playing games with CIA since the Afghan war in 80's - who is to say they are still not orchestrating support for the rebels with the guidance of the US?

There needs to be a cease fire and some diplomatic solution

Sounds nice, but not really possible at the moment. They have to beat each other silly for a long time to be desperate enough to negotiate. And after what happened to Ghaddafi, Assad is unlikely to want to parttake "diplomatic solutions" sponsored by the West.

Should there be a split state

How do you propose that without massive resettlements and refugees?

Until the premises of civilized society and secularism reach most of these fanatic numbskulls and religious demagogues on both sides of the conflict, the side with the biggest stick will rule the land. And by the way its looking, with their "Alluhu Akhbars" after firing off every shot, they are still far from grasping the concepts of modern civil societies. So let them slaughter the hell out of each other - maybe that is the only way to learn. Personally I don't mind the fireworks at all - just don't pretend that either US or Russian government really cares about the people.

Maloy you Sir are spot on.

No side cares about the people not one bit.

And you are right about the people killing each other.

Those morons just love to fight and will keep fighting.

It will never end it looks like unless the younger ones grow up and decide

to end the killing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I find it hypocrtical and distasteful how america and britain in this case are the ones blaming all the violence on Assad and virtually none on the rebels. They are effectively calling for another violent overhrow with such thinely veiled threats.

I also find it quite distasteful that so many people on ATS are so brainwashed with the propaganda matrix of the west that they result to harsh namecalling and the mods keep looking the other way. I guess chiefly left wing extremism is punished and the site has been infiltrated by right wing bloggers...or maybe it was setup that way from the beginning.....aka rothschild tv.

Sometimes I want to quite ATS because it is esentially worse than CNN...which btw is easier to access. ATS is becomming less and less deny ignorance imho...and more and more embrace ignorance!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And before someone accusses me of making strawmen arguements in favor of Assad I have on multiple occassions called Assad, Gadhafi and Ahmenjihad assholes, BUT that still does not mean ONLY america, israel and britain can sell weapons in this global war rackeet.

If one can do it, then why can't others? I am speaking purely from a moral/ethical perspective and even international law probably catches up at some point.

Arab Spring has been very suspicious from day 1! I can only hope the people who take power are not religious fanatics because not only is it bad for the local populations, it is also bad for israel and increases the chances for world war 3.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This whole thing is so lame..
Regime changers are at it again. They probably even got Russia in on the theater act to get the people on board.

Don't forget that every war in the last 50 years has been based on lies.. This will be no different.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This just posted 40 min ago,

Dawn.com

'Arms' ship for Syria heading back to Russia

LONDON: A Russian-operated ship said to be carrying military helicopters to Syria appears to have turned back after its British insurer removed coverage for the vessel, UK officials said Tuesday.

Britain’s Foreign Office said the ship, the MV Alaed, changed course in Europe after news reports emerged about its alleged contents.
Earlier, the Foreign Office confirmed it was aware that a ship carrying a consignment of refurbished Russian-made attack helicopters was heading to Syria.

The ship has “turned back now apparently toward Russia,” Foreign Secretary William Hague told British lawmakers in Parliament. The vessel appeared to have been avoiding UK territorial waters and EU territorial waters, his ministry added.

edit on 6/20/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm sure the British are shaking in there boots with fear, well done guys probably saved many lifes intercepting this shipment, give the good news to the people of Syria

The only way to insure peace, is by mutual deterrant, you ignorant nincompoop.

The only nation in the world, to have an Attack force, planning a stealth attack ship ... is the US of A.

Every coin, has two sides ... but the US and it's allies, is set on "conquerring" the other side. They're set on a "war to end wars", which mean they're going to kill all enemies, foreign and domestic. That also means, a lot of people will get killed in the process ... and a lot of children, will be born deformed, in the wage. There will be many Abu Grahib's, and man Al Quaida interventions. You still don't get it, that Al Qaida is working along side NATO. Al Qaida are the hired mercenaries, that create the Chaos ... which NATO then comes in to clean up. What they leave behind, is Iraq, and Lybia ... nations in turmoil, where murder and dissappearance is daily bread. But you don't hear in the news ...

I really hope China and Russia are players ... but I'll tell you this much, I don't think they are. We'll be seeing this, for several more years ... and in several more years time, you will have massive assassinations of western leaders. Those are the consequences of your "ill adviced" activity. It's not a question of if, but a question of when ... while people have "hope" that there Giants like Russia or China, will aid the "little guy", or "odd man out". But when the hope is lost ... then this is going to go biblical on you. And that leaves my family and my children in the line of fire.

edit on 20/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

They said that this shipment was a breach of sanctions against Syria but I don't think Russia will be very happy about this. If I recall correctly, Putin and Obama met yesterday so perhaps Putin actually gave the okay on this, no one knows for sure.

I just think it's funny how certain nations can pick and choose which other nations are allowed to sell military equipment. They like to slap sanctions on the new bogey man but continue to participate in weapons sales themselves.

The world of hypocrites never ceases to amaze me.

www.tele graph.co.uk

It isn't certain nations. Its the US. Might makes right. Just remember that China and Russia have unsophisticated and untested armies. Russia hasn't fought in 20+ years. The US has been fighting non-stop for the last 20 years.

This crap is all about carving up the oil. Russia and China have moved on to Africa; neither one wants anything to do with the US in a fight. But they're both happy to send arms to anybody else that will fight for them.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
We should probably get it right, the 33rd degree Scottish rite masons who have controlled the US from the beginning told Obama to ask the UK to ask there insurence agencys to revoke said insurence. The US dont tell the UK squat im afraid, i you dont believe that then simply follow the money!
edit on 20-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

I'd imagine any company could insure the ship, it just so happened that this particular one was insured by a UK company, It makes it difficult for a ship to dock if it's un-insured.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
NIce to see its ok for Germany, France and british goverments to supply the rebels with money and weapons but the legitamate goverment of the country can't get supplies from there allies.

I wonder how long it will be before the rebels have a central bank setup for them and how long it will take for British and American companys to get contracted to build in the country.

I always like the saying follow the money as whoever has the most to gain by helping the rebels is really the one stirring up all the trouble.
edit on 20-6-2012 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DukeEligos
is this the cargo boat that has been stopped?

usually if cargo ships or others are under naval use or taking part in maneuvers i cant find them on ship tracker even if im at the port looking at it they still say its 'out of range'

how many helicopters is there does anyone know?

there cant be many on it if its these type of helicopters....ships not that big

Syria is not that big all assad would need is 4-5 of those puppies
and he could do some MAJOR damage no fly zone or not... That
is the problem my little friend. Also I agree with jake, let them kill
each other off, not our problem

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
But Britain supplies all types of weaponary to Saudi Arabia who just the other week, and maybe still are, shooting at Bahraini citizens.

Hypocracy much.

Hyprocracy
edit on 20-6-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
This is a dangerous game. In-direct confrontation and conflict through relatively benign mediums, in this case a ship insurer. I would consider this a “punch” to the body for Russia and fear what kind of retaliation in kind we can expect, perhaps something more drastic, or in other words, a retaliatory “upper-cut” or dreaded “haymaker” to push the west out of its way.

Will Russia explore similar means to effectively halt or disrupt Western intervention??
edit on 19-6-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

I say YES to all the above.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
NIce to see its ok for Germany, France and british goverments to supply the rebels with money and weapons but the legitamate goverment of the country can't get supplies from there allies.

I wonder how long it will be before the rebels have a central bank setup for them and how long it will take for British and American companys to get contracted to build in the country.

I always like the saying follow the money as whoever has the most to gain by helping the rebels is really the one stirring up all the trouble.
edit on 20-6-2012 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

Despite your apalling spelling, I say you have hit the nail on the head!

Look who's supplying the rebels, and for what purpose?
Answer: The usual 3 musketeers, USA/UK/IS'RAEL.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
And before someone accusses me of making strawmen arguements in favor of Assad I have on multiple occassions called Assad, Gadhafi and Ahmenjihad assholes, BUT that still does not mean ONLY america, israel and britain can sell weapons in this global war rackeet.

If one can do it, then why can't others? I am speaking purely from a moral/ethical perspective and even international law probably catches up at some point.

Arab Spring has been very suspicious from day 1! I can only hope the people who take power are not religious fanatics because not only is it bad for the local populations, it is also bad for israel and increases the chances for world war 3.

I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

simply because its a Sunni - Shiite or Alawite Civil War the same as Libya was Sunni - Shiite

As indeed was Iraq before that before the US decided to stick it's nib in. The problem is that whatever the religious beginnings may be the West and it's opponents capitalise on the opportunity and turn it into something else.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by raptor108

LOL and ATS. No more credible either.

You want facts? Get on the ground.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
The world of hypocrites never ceases to amaze me.

Dear CE,
Nor I mate, nor I. Couldn't believe this story when I read it, or the one with Obama apparently asking Cameron to do this. The UK government is, if it wasn't already, firmly asserting it's position as the US of A's whore.

T

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

It's pretty simple, you wanna own a car in England you need British insurance, you wanna own a boat in American waters you need American insurance and etc.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join