It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain stops Russian ship carrying attack helicopters for Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Mikhail_Klashnikov

All BS aside....

Despite it's very few short comings its Damned fine weapon

edit on 19-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by hp1229
As the west invades Syria I can see Iran and Iraq joining together; then I expect Pakistan and then Afghanistan to join that group backed by the Russians because the Chinese will re-think about joining an Islamic Coalition.

I doubt it. There is always the big 'Religion' factor. Shia vs Sunni. The ME region has always been at conflicts if we can trace the history.
IRAN_vs_IRAQ

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Mikhail_Klashnikov

All BS aside....
Despite it's very few short comings its Damned fine weapon

edit on 19-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

So I've heard. Seen few but never used one. I stick to pistols at the Range.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What exactly makes Britain removing a hostile ship's insurance (Whom is carrying weapons that will absolutely slaughter human life , especially the rebels ) wrong?

If the rebels start losing this war , all it would take is ONE fast and furious assault on Syria's Chemical Weapon stockpiles , and a desperate Syrian Rebel force WILL use this weapon , and if the Rebels have it , Al-Qaeda sure as hell have it. If the Rebels are losing due to enemy ground action , that is one thing , but when you start using Helicopters and Aircraft? A whole new desperation comes into play. You cant hide from Aircraft. Though i understand Fast moving aircraft is being somewhat used on a minimum scale , but Helicopters will utterly crush this rebellion , which makes for desperate rebels.

So use your head a bit. We are trying to diplomatically keep the fighting fair without making the rebels desperate. Because if the rebels get desperate , that Syrian Stockpile of Chemical weapons are going to be under US control and that means a US invasion or special operations invasion to secure these weapons , along with an Air Umbrella.

Either way , i see the US getting involved / NATO. Forgive NATO / US trying to keep the violence down in Syria.
edit on 19-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
WOW, thats a pretty fly move Britain, way to go!!!! No it wasnt the Government, It was the damn Insurance CO. Those Damn insurance Companies LOL, They mess up everyones game. Still a good move, IMO, I wondered how thye were going to block that ship, man that was slick. Dick

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why didn't they deliver them from the black sea instead of going ALL the way around right smack through the middle of the west and the mediterranean?

If they went past turkey and greece no one would have stopped them probably. Plus that would have saved a hell of a lot of fuel and time.

Smells fishy. It's like they did it on purpose knowing there would be trouble.

Any answer as to why they took the long way right past just about every western nation? Perhaps some international BS at Istanbul?
edit on 19-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

They said that this shipment was a breach of sanctions against Syria but I don't think Russia will be very happy about this.]

I'm sure the British are shaking in there boots with fear, well done guys probably saved many lifes intercepting this shipment, give the good news to the people of Syria

Well, I got your sarcasm

Syria was just fine until this foreign backed "revolution" began. Realistically it's very similar to what we saw in Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

The Syrian rebels are the real terrorists, and please don't confuse that statement as sympathy for Assad because he is also a tyrant. It's just the whole game of regime change that's been going on in the Middle East over the last decade is getting a bit too obvious if you ask me. It's the same story over and over again.

The USA continues to sell weapons to ruthless dictatorships such as Saudi Arabia and Israel yet we don't hear a peep, Russia sells Syria some hardware and the shipment gets stopped. I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony in this.

In fact the Americans even funded and armed the Taliban during the Russian/Afghan war...things that make you go hmmmmmmm?

Its shocking how so many people are still being duped by these wars one after the other, even people on ATS who id of thought would know better but the propaganda machine is very effective.

What i find interesting is how quickly the USA is pursuing its occupation policy,the USA and its puppet states are the greatest threat to peace in the world today.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Those Damn insurance Companies

Don't mess with insurance companies, they've calculated every risk to three decimal places.

So, will Britain stop Russian warships from docking in Syria and possibly delivering arms that way?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Soshh

reply to post by TritonTaranis

Now, let me as you...can you DISPROVE that the protests in Syria are not foreign backed?

How is it possible to disprove that?
edit on 19/6/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

How many times does the truth have to come out before Western imperalist deniers realize these so called "Arab Springs" are nothing more than a calculated plan to reshape North Africa and the Middle East?

So, when Gen. Wesley Clark talked about the coming overthrow of North African and Middle Eastern countries as a long standing Neocon/CFR plan 6-7 years ago and now magically it happens...

General Clark's claims and conspiracy theories do not equate to 'the truth' I'm afraid, especially when attached to his political ambitions and "I've written a book please buy my book".

In your video Mr Clark claims that this plan involves the use of military force to overthrow the governments of 7 countries in 5 years. It's fantasy. It's unfeasible to put it politely. For a bit of context, nearly a decade was spent in Iraq and all we had managed to do was turn it into a country controlled by Shia Islamists with another country on 'ze list' looking on with a bloody great grin on its face.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Russian Marines head to Syria, US ups numbers in Kuwait

It looks like the immediate response is to send more US troops to Kuwait.

macedoniaonline.eu...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What if Putin didnt know? And Obama isnt president of Brittain, what say does he have over what the UK does commerically?
reply to post by GrandHeretic

You're right, none. That's why the UK does everything commercially in it's own interests, such as stopping an arms ship heading to Syria. It's not like the British and American elites don't have the same interests at heart. Heck for all their flag-waving "we don't want to be part of this" back in the late 1770s, the Americans missed "the great game" enough to get themselves back in a few decades later.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't care where the ship is flagged, if it's Russian owned it's a Russian boat.

I'm sure if they were being technical you would have added "russian owned" instead of just Russian, but since flagging in countries you neither live nor operate is such sandard practice, I'd rather be told where the owners are. Otherwise it's very easy to hide behind the flag.

I took a cruise back in the 80's on a Costa boat that was flagged Liberian. The crew was Greek, the boat had a Greek name and the owners were Greek.

Is it fair to call it a Liberian ship?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have a wager that the "Syrian rebels" are american.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'm sure the British are shaking in there[sic] boots with fear, well done guys probably saved many lifes intercepting this shipment, give the good news to the people of Syria

So you also won't have any problem if the arms being supplied to the rebels vis the US are also stopped I take it. I also take it that you are aware of the manifest. I also take it that your are fully cognisant of who is killing who in Syria which is not quite as black and white as you seem to think it is, or is it that you just read the MSM drivel?

I am sure the British should mind their own damn business. No on second thoughts perhaps we should intercept all the arms going to Israel to be used for the oppression of people.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I'm sure the British are shaking in there[sic] boots with fear, well done guys probably saved many lifes intercepting this shipment, give the good news to the people of Syria

So you also won't have any problem if the arms being supplied to the rebels vis the US are also stopped I take it. I also take it that you are aware of the manifest. I also take it that your are fully cognisant of who is killing who in Syria which is not quite as black and white as you seem to think it is, or is it that you just read the MSM drivel?

I am sure the British should mind their own damn business.

I'd like to see Russia/Iran stop sending in arms to Assad

I'd ALSO like to see Saudis & Qatar stop sending in arms to support the Rebels

These are the main players in Syria,

Yes US arms are being used in Syria by the rebels, but you can blame the Saudis for that

The Russian Ambassador to the United Nations Vitaly Churkin has slammed Saudi Arabia and Qatar for funding and supplying weapons to armed Syrian opposition groups.

The BS conspiracy that this is all a western plot is pathetic,

I am sure the British should mind their own damn business.

Not when a boat carrying arms with no insurance sales through our waters, especially when its going to prop up a dictator killing his own people,

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Its a Civil war, not a war on Russia's allie, big difference, the US/West sells arms to allies sure but i does not sell its allies weapons to kill its own people in the midsts of a Revolution turned bloody civil war, it asks them to step down and allow for a peaceful transition of power and that a government respects the wishes of its people

Are you joking?

Chile, Nicaragua, Panama...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I met Wesley Clark once. It was in my stepfathers house. I was eating lunch watching TV and in comes my stepfather and he introduces me to Wesley Clark. Maybe my stepfather is NWO?? This was 5 - 7 years ago.
edit on 19-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This story is an interesting development, if true. (I never know what is true anymore.) What I get out of it is that the Americans, who are the prime movers behind developments in the Middle East since the first Gulf War, are sending a message to the Russians. The message is this:

"We will not tolerate a sneaky attempt to outgun our own Special Forces and their allies in Syria. If you want to intervene to that extent, you will have to do so in the open and that will lead to a major confrontation with us. Do you want that? If not then do not deliver these helicopters."

I don't believe that Russia wants a major confrontation with the Americans at this time. A Russian friend of mine told me that they cannot meet that challenge at this time.
edit on 19-6-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't think the CIA has anything to do with it.

I think given the ability of cell phones and the internet, many of the young people in some of these nations are not going to be dictated to by religious police, because they were wearing an AC/DC shirt or were caught holding hands with their boyfriend or girlfriend. They aren't going to stand for the old religious codgers telling them what to do anymore.

Much like the US and many European nations have separation of the church and the state, many people want that same thing, and not be taken into custody for kissing their girlfriend by the riverside.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The Syrian rebels are the real terrorists, and please don't confuse that statement as sympathy for Assad because he is also a tyrant.

I would believe only about 1/3 of them are true terrorists embedded with western sleeper cell agents to guide the destruction but ultimately to inspire the other 2/3rd's which make no mistake, are average Syrian civilians caught up in the middle of a conflict out of their grasp to control in anyway.

Assad doesn't deserve the leadership in the same way Jintao, Jung-Un, Putin or Obama don't.

If a Chinese-Russian joint sleeper cell task force started organizing resistance in the US to remove Obama,
it would essentially be the same dynamic.
American civilians would fight simply because there is no other option presented.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join