It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft unveils the "Surface" - potential iPad killer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Apple and Microsoft are behind the technology already I think. Google's project Glass is where mobile computing is headed. All the components aren't there yet, but you can see the potential of it. I think in 10 years we will be astonished at what further advances lie in wait for us.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I'm not a huge Apple fan, but I do have Apple products. I got a MacBook Pro to replace a dying PC laptop just to see what it was like. Now, four years later I know! I still like it, but I'll probably be looking at buying a PC once this one dies. Apple's products are great, but they're simply overpriced.

As far as the tablets go... Currently at the university where I work almost everyone has a computer that ranges from old square plastic boxes from 2005 (what I currently have as a work laptop), to the inadequate netbooks, and a few of the newest Dell laptops. There are a few people who are part of a program we're trying that replaces these with iPads. So far they're replacing the standard laptop with great success. They chose the iPad since it's the best tablet on the market for the needs of our people, and they're half the price of the standard issue laptops we've been using. I'm curious to see if they'll consider the MS Surface now since it's got a few more business oriented points to its sales pitch.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I bet it will be as overpriced as a Ipad

Who wants to spend 700 on a tablet
atleast windows will actually have additionalports

edit on 19-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
so its a laptop ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This will probably collect dust next to the Zune.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
what do i care ive got a broadband speed of 1.3 meg download of 0.3 meg it takes days to download a movie .forget a 3g signal life in the scottish highlands is slllloooowwweeer than africa .my ibm t22 is still good honest

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join