It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama raised in Singapore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

www.vanityfair.com...

We need to get more people planning.” For preparation, Harvard Law School is a “perfect place to examine how the power structure works. It gives you a certain language.” When he’s fluent, he’ll be able to translate the language of the streets (“which I can speak”) into the language of the Establishment, and vice versa. The sense of mission derives in part from his experiences in the Third World. He saw brutal poverty while growing up in Singapore [Editor’s note: We should have said Indonesia.] with his mother, an anthropologist, and his half-brothers and -sisters in Kenya still live hand to mouth at times. Obama says that his late father’s experience in the Kenyan government left him a broken and bitter man, and he responds warily to the assumption that he himself will run for office. “If I go into politics it should grow out of work I’ve done on the local level, not because I’m some media creation.” Though, as media creations go, he’d be a pretty good one.

In 2006, after Obama was elected U.S. senator, Vanity Fair republished the article and added an editor’s note.

www.wnd.com...

He saw brutal poverty while growing up in Singapore, oh wait no he didn't it was Indonesia, erm, Kenya, Hawaii?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

In 2006, after Obama was elected U.S. senator, Vanity Fair republished the article and added an editor’s note.

www.wnd.com...

How does WND know the correction was made in 2006?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

www.wnd.com...

How does WND know the correction was made in 2006?

I was wondering that myself.

Why wouldn't they just edit the Singapore part out?

I dunno.
edit on 083030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If one was flying home from Kenya what route would you take?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If I flew, probably through London... But I wouldn't fly. I would take a boat.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hawaii is on the exact opposite side of the Earth as Kenya, so I guess it would be a "take your pick" situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Say you were coming home to have a baby and only made it as far as Singapore.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You are hilarious!

Ummm.... Let's say I was pregnant in Kenya and was on my way home to Hawaii and I went into labor and delivered at the Singapore airport? Is that what you're posing?

Well, I probably would have had the baby in Singapore. But would I stay there and raise my baby there? Because the article says he was "raised" in Singapore.

Which is more likely? That there is a giant conspiracy to conceal the identity of our president and his heritage and his whole existence? Or that a reporter for Vanity Fair made a tiny mistake (back before anyone had heard of Obama) and wrote "Singapore" instead of the neighboring country "Indonesia", where Obama IS known to have spent 5 years in his youth?

Why would he lie about being one island away?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know, but what are the odds of articles always getting it wrong?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
This is already posted OP!

ATS Thread: 1990 Vanity Fair article says Obama grew up in Singapore

Note:

Identical topics may exist only in BAN (which the other is in) and a related forum (as this one is).

Therefore, it is fine that this discussion of where Obama was actually born may continue until the Venusian cows come home to roost.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

What do you mean "always"? If you stacked up all the articles on Obama's past, the VAST majority of them would agree 100% with the official story. The only ones we see here are the ones it took years of research to find, digging up old articles out of Kenyan papers and articles from 1990.

Thank you masqua... I so miss the mating call of the Venusian cows...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
BH did you read my Vargas topic yet?

youtu.be...

Serenity NOW!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I read a little of the thread.

Those cows are SO talented!

new topics

top topics