It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think occured during 3 billion years of unrecorded history on Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
One of the subjects that fascinates me the most is the history of our planet Earth. I am a very visually stimulated person, I am entertained and more likely to remember, be interested in, or understand a subject if there are pictures involved. It may sound adolescent to say that, but what it comes down to is that I do not have a very creative mind and I have a short attention span, so to see a pic helps me stay focused. So for the other ATS'ers in my boat I have included a picture to sum up what I am here to discuss...where is the information missing in the Earth's history...

As you can see above I have created a timeline of the Earth from what info I can find, life emergence, extinctions, etc.. When I hear that the Earth is supposedly 4.5 billion years old, there have been 5 extinction events, the dinosuars lived for 165 million years or so, and other info like this it doesn't stir my interest or seem like anything is "missing"...until I decided to create a timeline for a visual reference. I was slightly surprised at how large of a chunk of time was missing from our knowledge of the past compared to what history we aware of.
So please fill me in on some info I may be missing or any ideas of what you may think occured in the "missing" time, because there is a very large chunk that there is no information on, I for one believe that this is the time when a previous civilization arose and flourished on the planet. It is absolutely ridiculous when you look at "our" time (humans) on this planet and put it next to the "missing" time to think we have been the only advanced civilization. In 200k years we have come so far as to travel into space, communicate around the globe with the push of a button, and so on, we are missing approximately 3 BILLION years of information.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Small things became, larger things became, big things became, huge things became, GIGANTIC things became, an asteroid said NO. Small things became, small things with warm blood became, small things with the ability to think became, larger things with intelligence became, and man said "Bollocks. God did it all"

the end.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Someone knows a hell of a lot more than they are saying.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
aliens came and went and left the starting blocks for life to prosper which grew and eventually it (after a long time) started destroying itself in wars and stuff so aliens came back and wiped it out, eventually Aliens came back again and started cycle all over ,now we are here lol ...earth 2.0

duke

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DukeEligos
aliens came and went and left the starting blocks for life to prosper which grew and eventually it (after a long time) started destroying itself in wars and stuff so aliens came back and wiped it out, eventually Aliens came back again and started cycle all over ,now we are here lol ...earth 2.0

duke

Who left the building blocks to start the aliens? No matter how many iterations you go back you eventually are going to have to explain it with something other than the alien seeding idea.

You cannot explain how life came to be so aliens did it. Nice slide.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

I have to agree with you that the past still has secrets that remain to be discovered. At the moment we can only discern from the ancient glyph's and writings and muddle through their interpretations that current human advancement is still in its infancy compared to previous high-tech civilizations. There is a misguided interpretation of the event commonly known as the Great Flood, an idea that is shared by many different fables and myths such as found in the collection of bible books and the wild stories of Atlantis. By misguided I mean that there is critical evidence missing from our understanding of this proposed event.

It's obvious that these advanced cultures must have been small in population terms. I compare in terms (high-tech) Tokyo City Vs the poor third world countries. Both exist right now but the third world countries, including the war ravaged ones are akin to two different time-lines. The greater advanced cultures, both in technology and spiritual seemed to have perished either by accident or malice design.

It is also speculated as to the the exact demise of the terrible lizards the roamed this planet billions of years ago.
I refuse not to consider that at least some developed the intelligence and wisdom as like the human race today. It would be considered both foolish and arrogant to dismiss such a notion as nonsense.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I imagine all those years were about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Any life between the oldest known organism to the dinosaurs is probably dust by now, or at least very deep within the Earth or below the oceans. The most likely hypothesis to your query is that a lot of Earth's biological history is at the bottom of the oceans, and most of which could be long gone by now.

Or if some species advanced beyond us, may have just up and left the Earth, perhaps to avoid impending extinction and it's "fallout."
edit on 19/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
-Possibly Ancient civilizations, probably more advanced than us, maybe they destroyed themselves.

Man made things are nothing to nature and time. all goes back to dust.

Possibly, Probably, Maybe, just my guesses.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I believe that our current "commandments" in the Bible were given to Moses by a higher being, this being saw what happened to the last race that lived on the planet and was trying to let us know what not to do if we as humans want to remain on Earth for a longer period than our predecessors.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I believe that our current "commandments" in the Bible were given to Moses by a higher being, this being saw what happened to the last race that lived on the planet and was trying to let us know what not to do if we as humans want to remain on Earth for a longer period than our predecessors.

Yes. And calling that "being" the almighty creator of everything is just crazy. Aliens: sensible. God: crazy. I got it, thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The Earth, and all her beauty, was forged by geologic upheaval and cosmic collisions. Species of animals beyond imagination came and went, civilizations flourished, only to collapse under their own greed and misuse of resources, forever lost to history.

And somewhere, in the annals of time, possibly even in a parallel dimension, the Cleveland Browns won the Super Bowl.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by DukeEligos

duke

Who left the building blocks to start the aliens? No matter how many iterations you go back you eventually are going to have to explain it with something other than the alien seeding idea.

You cannot explain how life came to be so aliens did it. Nice slide.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

if i was being completely serious and stating fact there would be evidence and explanation within my post,
the question was 'has anyone any idea '

An idea is a concept or mental impression. [1] Very often, ideas are construed as representational images; i.e. images of some object. In other contexts, ideas are taken to be concepts, although abstract concepts do not necessarily appear as images.[2] Many philosophers consider ideas to be a fundamental ontological category of being. The capacity to create and understand the meaning of ideas is considered to be an essential and defining feature of human beings. In a popular sense, an idea arises in a reflex, spontaneous manner, even without thinking or serious reflection, for example, when we talk about the idea of a person or a place.

i don't claim to know or explain anything

still aliens sounds better than ' nothing happened' lol

edit on 19-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

There is some merit to your idea concerning that a higher intelligence set forth warnings and guidelines for future human civilizations. The fantastic explanations are mostly dismissed by the great many and yet they are ready to accept the notion of parallel realities, in the name of science.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Brilliant graphic, I don't think many people can really grasp just how old the Earth is without seeing a picture like that. It's also interesting to note that the Earth is roughly 33% as old as the entire Universe. That's pretty damn amazing if you ask me. I would have expected it to be more like 0.033% as old as the Universe. And you're right we don't know crap about most of the Earths history, it's more than just 3 billion years. We're missing a vast amount of history just for the last few thousand years.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If EA*RTH was closer to SOL back then like VENUS is now, then maybe humans were on a PLANET that would of been FURTHER out like in a MARS position and those who inhabited EA*RTH back then may have been able to deal with the temps aboveground OR they went below ground and develooped below ground. So maybe the history is MARS related?

My 3 cents

edit on 6/19/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In Ireland they have a hill called Croagh Patrick, in county Mayo.

Looks like a pyramid to me and looks well out of place.

edit on 19-6-2012 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by bluloa because: Extra image

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Perhaps that is the lenth of time it took for Earth to stabilize. We do know that there was another gas giant rollin around in between Mars and Jupiter around 400 Billion years ago and that it got kicked out of the solar system and set Uranus and Neptune farther back in their orbits around 350 Billion years ago.

Perhaps the solar system was still cooling and stablizing then? We also know that the Earth was struck by a massive body while it was still cooling which created our moon around the same 400 billion year time frame.

(according to scientific computer models explaining gravities pull inside the inner solar systm, in order for our orbits to be true today, then the afore mentioned would have had to occured roughly within that time frame.)

Good question to say the least.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think the first 3.5 billion years (minimum) were spent planet forming - that is to say, plate tectonics in overdrive, making the earth more like it is today rather than the barren wastes of Mars, etc. I am not sure (if i'm honest) if i ascribe the building blocks of life as then coming from without (comets / asteroids, etc) or from within (chemical reactions).

Either way, i really do not see any advanced lifeforms, etc in the first 3.5 billion years of our planet. In fact, i really do not see any signs of intelligent life in our past anywhere up until the arrival of mankind.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

We're not special. We're a result of a lot of complex chemical reactions.

That happens. For some reason we, humans, attribute an acute awareness, as being god given.

We're just not that special. Why do you think we are?

I can make coffee. I don't make the bean, or create the milk, or synthesise the water. Yet I can make coffee..

I am not god.. we're just an aware plethora of a long time brew.

No aliens or god.. just statistical consequence.!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What do you think occured during 3 billion years of unrecorded history on Earth?,

The rise and fall of many many civilizations and technologies.
It does not take long to bury the last empire, then we rebuild.
edit on 19-6-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join