It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a “controlled demolition”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

Let's see.....the flight data recorders are placed in the tail of the aircraft because normally, the tail is subjected to less destruction in an accident. On 9/11, the tails of the respective aircraft did not exit the building, and the boxes had buildings collapse on them, passports, would have been either on their person, or tucked in the overhead compartments in the front of the jets.....that exited the buildings........

Not hard to understand how personal effects could survive when electronics did not.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

In response: a remote electrical charge that isn't wired could be used for one. Also how many building without planes crashing into them do you see fall at free fall speed without demolition being involved. As in tower 7....Please explain how this is even possible without demolition.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Using a remote detonating charge in the RF hell that Manhatten is? And do you have the first clue how many receivers it would entail?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

Can you ask then to make one explain how the passport survived and the black box didn't!?!

Why make a video answering a question any simpleton could answer. The FDR and CVR were bolted to the frame of the aircraft. The passport was free to move about the cabin. Is there any thing else you would like me to explain ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Originally posted by homervb

I find it odd that they managed to scoop up a terrorist's passport and report it to the media while human remains from that day were thrown into a dumpyard, I must be a stupid truther.

A man named Richard Wozniak found the passport on the street near the bankers trust building and turned it over to the authorities. Whats so hard to understand ?

I was standing in the middle of what were the remains of a passenger aircraft. There were seats and engine parts smashed through car windows everywhere. What seemed to be an engine was embedded into the sidewalk and body parts were strewn all over the street. Then I looked down to my feet and picked up a passport. It was a Saudi passport. It was green with Arabic writing and as I opened it and saw the man’s face inside it and I felt as if I were looking into the eyes of someone that may have been part of the terror that I was witnessing around me and I later learned that I was right as I passed it off to an FBI agent that was standing a block away on West side Hwy who immediately took it from me. He then instructed me to leave the area but before he could notice I ran back to the side of the Bankers Trust building determined to help find survivors that may have been hurt in the streets or in the cars. Then my life was changed forever.

www.christian-faith.com...

I must be a stupid truther.

I agree.
edit on 19-6-2012 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

wait wait...so every time a skeptic offers a website that is not from a government source nor a media outlet they are bashed. Now I'm suppose to take into consideration the third party website you offer? Christian faith? Really bro? That article off of Christian Faith doesn't mean squat to me. Try again

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Wouldn't the lighter top encounter massive resistance and far from succeed in its
seemingly impossible task of crushing the much weightier bottom, which was of course
solidly anchored to the ground. If a pancake collapse of floors is the explanation for the
utter destruction, shouldn't the central core have remained pretty much in tact?

See all those words I highlighted? Those are called adjectives or adverbs. They are not substitutes for numbers and science.

Ok. If i throw a small stone at a regular bowling ball, i cannot speculate (with confidence)
on the outcome of the meeting, unless i got the numbers (and science?)?

Coolio.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Can you ask then to make one explain how the passport survived and the black box didn't!?!

Why make a video answering a question any simpleton could answer. The FDR and CVR were bolted to the frame of the aircraft. The passport was free to move about the cabin. Is there any thing else you would like me to explain ?

That's just too funny. Yeah, free floating around the cabin and managed to bypass that massive fireball. Even the debris from the aircraft that exited on impact was in flames or smoking. Yes, there were papers falling from the building, what you don't understand is it was a building full of offices stocked with tons of paper. So I don't know how you're so sure of this if nothing like this has ever occurred until 9/11. Sh*tttt, this wasn't even my point, my point was that because I find it odd that the passport remained in perfect condition I am automatically an idiot truther. OSers are on the prowllll

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by homervb

And worms survived the breakup of Columbia when she burned up on re-entry. It is NOT that hard to see something like a passport or drivers license or credit card surviving that incident.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

I agree with all your statements but.
Why demo the building at all?

Wasn't the plane(s) enough to rally the country?

PNAC called for a new pearl harbour. The figure with the collapsed tower brough the casuality to 2 1/2 thousand roughly the same as pearl harbour, where about 3000 people died.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That's just too funny. Yeah, free floating around the cabin and managed to bypass that massive fireball. Even the debris from the aircraft that exited on impact was in flames or smoking. Yes, there were papers falling from the building, what you don't understand is it was a building full of offices stocked with tons of paper. So I don't know how you're so sure of this if nothing like this has ever occurred until 9/11. Sh*tttt, this wasn't even my point, my point was that because I find it odd that the passport remained in perfect condition I am automatically an idiot truther. OSers are on the prowllll

The passport came out the other side before the fireball. It was explained in the video. Maybe you should watch it again and hit pause every now and then so the concept go over your head. It's a simple concept, certainly a simple truther can understand it.

In the composite photo below you will see that the vapour trail left by the air that passed through the building is way ahead of the fire ball. Notice also how the trail is in perfect alignment with the fuselage. The passport was in the front of the plane the fuel was back in the wings. Do you expect the passport to stop and wait for the fire ball ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The passport came out the other side before the fireball. It was explained in the video. Maybe you should watch it again and hit pause every now and then so the concept go over your head. It's a simple concept, certainly a simple truther can understand it.

In the composite photo below you will see that the vapour trail left by the air that passed through the building is way ahead of the fire ball. Notice also how the trail is in perfect alignment with the fuselage. The passport was in the front of the plane the fuel was back in the wings. Do you expect the passport to stop and wait for the fire ball ?

Do you believe everything presented to you in these amateur debunking youtube videos?

It appears so!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So by your bizarre logic, because a blackbox was not able to move as freely as a passport then it should suffer more destruction?!

You do realise the blackbox is designed to take this kind of impact and a passport is not designed to punch through walls and land unscathed!?!

No people survived, not even limbs, they were free to move, and tougher than a passport!

I'd lay off that koolaid you and your buddies drink, it's seriously affecting your logic.

Your theories are wilder than the wildest ever conspiracy theory I've come across to date!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Do you believe everything presented to you in these amateur debunking youtube videos?

It appears so!

You should check out the last 10 seconds of the video.

I made this video for Truthers like you, who are not smart enough to figure out the passport mystery for them selfs.

I explained it as simple as I could using small words and big pictures but you're still not bright enough to figure out that: 19,500 cubic feet of air traveling at 800 feet per second might be capable of carrying a passport 200 ft trough a not yet burning building.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

No, the data recorder is not designed to survive a building collapse. It is an electronic box whose placement in the aircraft contributes more to its survival than anything else.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Shortly before the building collapsed, several NYPD officers and Con-Edison workers told me that Larry Silverstein, the property developer of One World Financial Center was on the phone with his insurance carrier to see if they would authorize the controlled demolition of the building – since its foundation was already unstable and expected to fall.

A controlled demolition would have minimized the damage caused by the building’s imminent collapse and potentially save lives. Many law enforcement personnel, firefighters and other journalists were aware of this possible option. There was no secret. There was no conspiracy.
While I was talking with a fellow reporter and several NYPD officers, Building 7 suddenly collapsed, and before it hit the ground, not a single sound emanated from the tower area. There were no explosives; I would have heard them. In fact, I remember that in those few seconds, as the building sank to the ground that I was stunned by how quiet it was

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So by your bizarre logic, because a blackbox was not able to move as freely as a passport then it should suffer more destruction?!

Yes the black box would defiantly have more G's imposed on it than the passport. The black box stopped quickly inside the burning building, wile the passport decelerated out side the burning building over a longer period of time. Don't you understand acceleration forces Truther ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So why does this make me question the idea of controlled demolition on 9/11, because I don’t understand why they would deliberately make it look like a controlled demolition. Why not have the building’s collapse onto their right or hand side. Why did they not make it look like a more “random” or “messy” collapse

Common Sense you applied....... hmm.

Lets see, the buildings were designed to absorb Multiple plane hits (that means many) , so to get the achieved goal,
(New Pearl Harbour) , the buildings had to fall.
The OS side will tell you the Impacts shook off the Fireproofing , and the fuel weakened the Structures to a point
of the ...neat and tidy collapse.

But in the case of building 7, no impact , no fuel fire so fireproofing remained effective, BUT ALAS , it fell too.

You see, using your COMMON SENSE approach, I dis-proved the OS in less than 150 words.

Common Sense is fun.

This is kind of off topic but your comment made me think about it.

Hypothetically speaking What if they weren't actually designed to withstand an
Aircraft impact. Did they do any structural tests for that scenario? What if the math was off? What if they were being optimistic?

If the engineers were being optimistic with the claims and they were discovered to have been wrong with estimates does that mean the city of ny and the port authority could be held liable for the deaths?
edit on 19-6-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

I agree with most of you wit the matter at hand, the game is still a foot. There are tons of questions and ideas. I to have heard that the towers were filled with asbestos and restoring them to working order would have taken millions of dollars that they probably didn't want to spend. Don't know what idiot decides to have war games on 9-11 when everyone needed to be watching the radars and everything else. Next with a little effort i heard that certain areas of the towers were cordoned off from certain eyes weeks before the attack which makes me think that if thermite was planted on the internal structure frame of the building , that it could be ignited by the blast from impact by each jet on each tower, giving each tower about an hour or two before the thermite melted most of the columns which is why the NTSB and FBI were not able to conduct a full investigation on the twin tower debris that was quickly shipped to China for scrap metal to hide most of the evidence. Where as building 7, if anyone can remember, all the ENRON files were kept within building 7, which would explain to me why i watched "Fight club" about a thousand times, because they wanted to return their budgets back to zero. You see "Fight Club " explained everything that they did to a "T"! There was no visible plane wreckage on the ground from flight 93! No video showing a plane hitting the Pentagon and if there was then why was it confiscated? Too many smoking guns in the Govts. hands and i'm sure we all are tired of this evil that has been plaguing our country and its system! Looks as if the 911 commission din't do any of their homework, but that's good because it proves that it had inside sources at every angle in our crooked system! That's what you get for putting a rich oil want a be tycoon in office. Let;s hope we don't put anymore war criminals in office anymore!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They had to completely destroy the buildings otherwise there would be a partly destroyed building that could be forerenincly examined and I don't think they would want that.

The fact that they wanted the buildings turned to pulp itself indicates it was an inside job. if OBl did it I dont think he would have cared if some of it was still standing aftterwards.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This 9/11 "debate" is getting stupid (or it is for a while already)...we will never know the truth. If it was an inside job, it will never be exposed. It can't be. It must not be. America would crumble. The US government would lose political and social credibility for decades on. The nation would be devastated. All governments after the Bush administration will forcefully keep this a secret (if there is something to hide), 'cos it would hurt all of the nation, and most of the world.

It's a no win situation for the truth. This one can never be revealed. As long as none of the culprits admit to it, it will always remain...a conspiracy. A folklore. Like the Kennedy assassination.

This inevitability is somewhat demotivating.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join