It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARTHQUAKES:Natural or Man-Made?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Officially, there is such an area of research devoted to man-made earthquakes. Geologists and seismologists agree that humans can induce earthquakes in five major ways: fluid injection into the Earth, fluid extraction from the Earth, mining or quarrying, nuclear testing and through the construction of dams and reservoirs.

In fact, there are officially recorded instances of earthquakes caused by human activity.

Geologists discovered that disposal of waste fluids by means of injecting them deep into the earth could trigger earthquakes after a series of earthquakes in the Denver area occurred from 1962-1965; the periods and amounts of injected waste coincided with the frequency and magnitude of earthquakes in the Denver area. The earthquakes were triggered because the liquid, which was injected under very high pressure, released stored strain energy in the rocks.2

Man-made earthquakes may seem like something out of the X-Files, and it�s probably only a matter of time before the idea is picked up by Hollywood. This year, best-selling thriller author Ken Follett released his latest book, Hammer of Eden, about a terrorist group threatening to level San Francisco with a man-made earthquake. When asked by Salon Magazine how real is the idea of a man-made earthquake, Follett replied that �Some of the seismologists told me, �There�s no way this could happen.� But others gave sad little shrugs and said, �It�s hard to say. Who knows? Maybe. It�s within the realm of possibly.��

Suppressed Research: Tesla Technologies

Born in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Nicola Tesla is one of this century�s greatest scientists. A prodigious inventor of electronic devices and pioneer of free energy, Tesla never gained the recognition he deserved because his scientific breakthroughs were deemed to �sensitive� by the ruling corporate and government powers of the day. Thus much of his research was suppressed and stolen.

In a book entitled Tesla � The Lost Inventions, a section is titled �Man-Made Earthquake�. It discloses Tesla�s fascination with the power of resonance and he experimented with it not only electrically but on the mechanical plane as well. In his Manhattan, USA lab, Tesla built mechanical vibrators and tested their powers. One experiment got out of hand.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Deep, great finds!

Yes, we have known of man-made earthquakes for some time. There have been a steady stream of them done at regular intervals in west Texas and northeast Texas thanks to injection wells being used to increase the water table in order to force more oil up the extraction wells. In these cases, the water acts as a lubricant and a *jack* (hydrostatic pressure will force the rock apart a minute amount, allowing more movement). These earthquakes are normally very mild, and usually never exceed about 2 on the richter scale, if that.

Indeed, Nikola Tesla did experiment with numerous apparatus for setting up complimentary harmonic resonation in various objects, and finally in the earth itself. Tesla himself wrote in his papers that he had constructed a device, man portable, that when attached to a building could set up a harmonic resonance great enough to cause structural damage, and he apparently tested it on a building under construction. There is apparently some truth to this claim as the building was documented to have been fairly severely damaged.

Tesla in his papers describes methods of setting up standing and complimentary harmonic resonance in the earths crust, resulting in earth movements that could be targetted across the globe. He did theorize that given the proper tuning and power input it would be possible to reach a resonance that would "split the world into pieces"

It is known that seismic activity is often associated with large scale emissions from HAARP. It has been theorized that HAARP has been actively used to generate seismic events on different parts of the planet, thereby "weaponizing" earth movements.

I often take to correlating seismic activity to recorded HAARP transmissions from Gakona.

Considering that the military has only had about 60+ years to go through Teslas papers and develope his concepts into a workable technology, this is not at all surprising.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well dragonrider, if no one else replied, I knew you would. What took you so long......LOL

Do you think the military might use this technology to develop a weapon?

Do you think that any of the earthquakes around the world are man made for geo-political or economic reasons?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Don't forget about the book on Tesla called "Man Out of Time" by Margaret Cheney (spelling?). She address the occasion where Tesla was making observations concerning a vacuum tube and resonance. To make the story shorter (as most of you probably already know), the resonance was hitting one of the support beams in his building which according to records created an earth quake within a mile radius. Two policeman were dispatched to his place once they learned only that part of the city was experiencing the earthquake.

Or his little "pocket" resonant device he used on new construction building, within a short time the construction workers came down in a hurry because the top of the structure was shaking back & forth. Tesla then took the device off the structure, slipped it back into his pocket and walked off without anyone knowing it was him!!

It's also speculated he had A.D.H.D. As much as his mind raced it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have that book, among others. It is certainly a good read, and if you can find it, I would highly recommend it.

The handheld device was what I was referencing, and it appears to be a workable device. The entire principal is that you do not need to inject a huge amount of energy into the structure you are attempting to affect... you need only start a small resonant vibration, but be able to tune it in such a way that each resonance reinforces itself... over time, these resonant vibrations reinforce themselves to a point where it will exceed the structural integrity of the host structure, essentially shaking it apart.

This is the basis for the seismic affects from HAARP... however, consider that HAARP can put out gigawatts of energy, is it surprising that it can trigger massive earthquakes???

I have mentioned many times, you do NOT get instant atmospheric or seismic events the same day that a spike in HAARP transmissions is monitored... it usually takes 48-72 hours for it to build up enough to become obvious.

Deep, in answer to your questions, yes, I believe that HAARP can and has been used in an offensive manner. I strongly believe that a scalar weapon based in China was used to take down the space shuttle. There is evidence that such weapons were also used during the NATO bombing on Serbia, and during other recent campaigns.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Some years back I worked in an ad agency in Oslo, Norway. One of The ADs told me about some researchers that had put a choir inside the great Pyramid. They could report that the walls started vibrating and the weather suddenly changed and there was suddenly a heavy rainfall in the area around Giza. I didn't know what to believe back then, but after having heard about Tesla, I'm not so sure anymore. Didn't the guy also know how to provoke lightening with the same device? This guy knew something that is perhaps forgotten. Some sort of ancient technology perhaps? Ancient Arab batteries, ancient pictures of giant lightbulbs in Egypt, and now a combined weather-machine and geo-weapon? Many has speculated that the Ark of Covenant was some sort of static electricity device, capable of generating great ammounts of static electricity which can be used as an weapon that could bring down whole cities in an instant.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am not sure of what all kinds of geomagnetic or other properties the Pyramids have, although they are documented to have several that have little to know explaination.

One of the more interesting effects that I have read about regarding the pyramids was when a geophyscist took sensitive quipment inside the Great Pyramid to measure Cosmic Rays. His instruments picked up NO Cosmic Rays at all inside the structure, although in order to effectively screen all cosmic rays would have required a lead shield dozens of feet thick!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider I strongly believe that a scalar weapon based in China was used to take down the space shuttle. There is evidence that such weapons were also used during the NATO bombing on Serbia, and during other recent campaigns.

DR, 2 days before the Shuttle Burned in, I began having a severe bout of vertigo. It lasted non-stop almost to the hour the Shuttle disaster happened. I went to the Doc on Friday, the day before and they could find no reason for it and ruled it inner ear related. They gave me some anti-vertigo meds and sent me home. Could this have been a side affect to weapon used. I too think its just too much of a coincedence and I haven't bought the "insulation-cracked tile" theory either. I had a follow-up appt. the next week and I was fine. EKG was fine and all labs drawn were fine.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It is known that some people are rather sensitive to such ELF/ULF transmissions, and the lower the frequency the easier it is for humans to distinguish such emissions.

I would certainly believe your experiences to be possible, and quite possibly linked to what happened on that day.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Resonant pounding can induce a destructive mode of vibration
over time like the bridge in Washington that fell down.

Tesla had a clock or some device hammering on his basement
beams that caused earth vibrations outside but he stood by not
knowing until the police arrived when he had just slege hammered
the device off the beam.

Or so the story goes.

What gets me is the hammer bit cause he did this on initial beam
constructions until workers came off and he put the device in his
pocket and walked away.

Continued bombing in one spot can cause a problem as well.
But who acts like Tesla, so we are all safe.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I believe that all of the oil drilling and taking earths oil is like draining all of your cars oil, eventually it will breakdown. It also seems that the more we drill the more earthquakes we have and are getting stronger.

new topics

top topics

join