It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Earthquake in Vic Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Was the first I remember feeling, they say biggest in over 100 yrs so I would assume many victorians like myself were a bit suprised by it. Yes a very weird feeling, would hate to ever feel anything much bigger.

It is quite a shock to the system when you're not in a EQ zone and i had never experienced one before so i can totally relate to most of the story's in here, it didn't even occur to me that it was an EQ till i put on the news, feeling the ground jolt like that in your living room is quite an over whelming feeling

Also to those who complained about pre headaches & migraines, i also got one pre EQ and i do remember feeling very uneasy & paranoid before our EQ and i never ever get paranoid, also strange animal behaviour with our pets, this feeling lasted for a few hours after the EQ also i can't explain it it must have been EM activity or the micro quakes & tremors that was occurring who knows,

edit on 19-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well I am a pommy Living melbourne so wasnt scared at all!

Must be because I am from Hull, UK - We are made of tough stuff! Well Ya have to be coming from Hull!

Oooo and I heard the famous rumbling sounds that are been heard all round the planet back in Oct 10 - not as exciting as the earthquake mind!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
felt it here in the south east burbs

was standing so didnt feel the shake

heard it like a loud bang.

3rd quake experience in melbourne. is it me or are we having more quakes than usual. I dont recall melbourne having such large quakes so frequently?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

Not felt in north east tas

father in law felt it in springvale

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hope there arent anymore!

I too am in the SE burbs - Rowville.

I moved to Melbourne cause I thought it would be a 'Safe' place to live if TSHTF!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Also to those who complained about pre headaches & migraines, i also got one pre EQ and i do remember feeling very uneasy & paranoid before our EQ and i never ever get paranoid, also strange animal behaviour with our pets, this feeling lasted for a few hours after the EQ also i can't explain it it must have been EM activity or the micro quakes & tremors that was occurring who knows,

Wow really fb seems to be full of people with headaches & migraines. ATM, I just though oh here we go winging blah blah. Strange. Wonder if a quick temp drop is common too with an EQ as people seem to be chatting about
well I could check it out myself , but its late.

do ya know I took panadol at 8:30 for a headache, but forgot as it went long before the EQ so not related.
edit on 19-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: because

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
my migraine did relieve with the quake buts seems to be having a build up again, ill keep ya updated

now thoes who said about head achs that were releved via EQ id defently like to know if ya got a history of waking up paralised (coming out of rem sleep suddenly) what kind of pain (mine would be a dull intensity no defining sharpness) also had an episode of vision flashing over green and a hallucination after

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected

Wonder if a quick temp drop is common too with an EQ as people seem to be chatting about
well I could check it out myself , but its late.

There will be, It's supposed to get down to 11 degrees later this week...

BTW, My migrane hasn't come back yet but the local dogs are barking again.....
edit on 19-6-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Who made the dogs bark??? Woof, Woofwoofwoof, Woof...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

is only 0 degree here.
dogs barking, maybe their hungry!!

fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 19-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

edit on 19-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: because

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
migraine fluxing right now, if it gets to a sustained migraine ill make a prediction

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
hmmmm head aches.

I was getting a head ache before bed last night northwest of tassie here.

interesting but I doubt its related.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

....are you calling dianella a snobby burb? where do you live, midland? ;D

glad that everyone seems to be okay
doing well and laughing at it all

edit on 19-6-2012 by decepticonLaura because: playlisted

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

I live on the North Coast of Tassie and felt nothing here.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Laviver26

for a place that rarely gets quakes.

Don't worry, that will change with the fracking going on.

They won't be content until they have fracked the hell out of Oz as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Nice to see the Resident Earthquake Guru in here, Even if he's not a local...

And you are quite right, I've read a few reports of fracking going on here. I'll have to find some links...
Although they have a different name for it now... There was even an ad on tv not too long ago talking about a cleaner way to produce energy????

So, Whats your take on the possibility of more quakes to come Puterman???

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
More quakes around the "fault ring", sum higher magnitude, nothing for Japan amazingly.. Here they are listing from the SW of the ring up to Alaska and down North America.

5.0 - 6-18-2012 at 21:37 (Fiji Region Depth: 384.4 Mi

4.6 - 6-18-2012 at 17:36 (Tonga Depth: 19.1 Mi

4.5 - 6-18-2012 at 17:29 (Vanuatu Depth: 163.2 Mi

4.7 - 6-19-2012 at 07.02 (New Britain Region, Papua New Guinea Depth: 43.7 Mi

5.8 - 6-19-2012 at 13:56 (Near Aleutian Islands, Alaska Depth: 13.5 Mi

Hand Full of about 4 or so three pointers in Alaska

5.2 - 6-19-2012 at 06:40 (Off the Coast of Oregon Depth:6.2 Mi (This spot is West Coasts "Japan" where there expecting "the big one")

3.3 - 6-18-2012 at 21:01 (Southern California (almost Mexico)

and now just 20 mins ago Island of Hawaii was hit with a 3.1 (no biggie) Just sayin

Your guys quake is a little ways to the left of this fault line (south west of the fault).. Interesting stuff!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

lol your right we do we joke about everything even our kids are experts at it.

I remember our first shake in Darwin, the 2 girls were upstairs playing on the balcony, I was at the kitchen table, the whole house was shaking worse than when the F1 11's would fly over, the kids came down holding the balcony the youngest was a little scared, the oldest said "its ok its just daddy, he's on the loo".

Then the one we had here in Townsville wasn't funny at the time, but it is now. The youngest one thought it was a ghost rocking her bed, i ran around removing the mirrors and paintings off the wall, and in fluster we all ended up meeting in the kitchen. hubby looks around and says "well if this isn't the safest F***n room to be in"

any way stay safe you lot x x x

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was in the Melb CBD having dinner and felt NOTHING. Ripped off!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was trying to make a thread last night just after it happened but only had my phone for internet, which wasn't working properly.

It was crazy, apparrently the biggest in Victorian history!

I didn't think we were on any fault lines?

It's not an isolated incident either, apparrently From Adelaide to Melbourne and up in to New South Wales have been becoming quite active in recent years.

Strange, it shook like hell in Port Melbourne!

Here's a map of the after shock zone (HUGE);

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join