It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If evacuations of millions of people will be necessary ( because of reactor 4 collapse ) how would g

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Imagine reactor 4 collapses and a huge radiological fire hits fukushima...in 10-14 days the whole northern hemisphere receives radiations.
What would government do? People all over the world will certainly notice the event...Many nuclear experts like Caldicotte and Gundersen would warn people.

If the whole northern hemisphere or maybe whole Asia has to be evacuated, what would government say? How would they announce it?

I think they would bring martial law and selected evacuations for some people. The rest has to do that by themselves, with cars, small planes, motorbikes, ships and such...

Or would they stay in silence and try to hide the whole thing?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A little word of advice... NEVER LISTEN TO A WORD ARNIE GUNDERSEN SAYS!

In his most recent video, Arnie Gundersen calmly, but inaccurately, explains why people should remain fearful of extremely low levels of radiation and radioactive materials. He sounds so knowledgeable and is so often quoted by people who are adamantly opposed to the use of nuclear energy that it is worth a little time to point out the flaws in his logic, math and knowledge level and to demonstrate why his overall conclusions are thus completely wrong.

atomicinsights.com...

And... NO, my opinion is not based on this article, or any other article for that matter...

This man is a fear mongering piece of trash. I wish I cared enough to deny ignorance on this subject, but I truly don't have the patience nor desire to go through the monotonous task of outlining this.

Form your own opinion I suppose...

Imagine reactor 4 collapses and a huge radiological fire hits fukushima...in 10-14 days the whole northern hemisphere receives radiations.
What would government do? People all over the world will certainly notice the event...Many nuclear experts like Caldicotte and Gundersen would warn people.

If the whole northern hemisphere or maybe whole Asia has to be evacuated, what would government say? How would they announce it?

I think they would bring martial law and selected evacuations for some people. The rest has to do that by themselves, with cars, small planes, motorbikes, ships and such...

Or would they stay in silence and try to hide the whole thing?

The Governments all around the world would come together and design a plan.

If the whole norther hemisphere was to be evacuated... It wouldn't, and it would never work.
The Government would say, 'Your time is up'.
It would be on every channel available, from TV to radio...

If it was just Asia... well, it wouldn't be... the winds wouldn't carry it that way if I'm not mistaken.

Selected evacuations... yup, I would also suggest that those individuals that were to be evacuated would have already made the trip before anybody knew about it. Or, it would simply be done by helicopter.

Martial law... maybe.

I put the whole 'silence' theory at a slim to none chance. You never know...
edit on 19-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017
A little word of advice... NEVER LISTEN TO A WORD ARNIE GUNDERSEN SAYS!

This man is a fear mongering piece of trash.
couldn't have said it better myself..when will people ever learn..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

You two wouldn't happen to be doing some work for the Nuclear Energy sector at the moment would you? Looking for a bonus this week?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Since there have not been any PRACTICE EVACUATIONS OF MILLIONS witnessed as of yet the outcome is hard to predict. Best idea I can see is make large PLASTIC LAND MASSES out of EXISTING WASTE PLASTIC then park them near potential dangerous regions for people to board and be tugged..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Where would all these people go? Would governments ban them?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

Considering that Chernobyl was one of the worst nuclear accidents in history, and didn't require "the entire northern hemisphere" to be evacuated, I seriously doubt that Fukushima would either.

If that were to happen, we would see an increase in radiation levels around the world, but it decreases exponentially the farther it travels. It's called the Inverse Square Law. Anything that travels in three dimensions follows it. By the time it travels even a short distance, the levels have started dropping. By the time it reached the US, they would have dropped to a little above background levels.

www.physicalgeography.net...

A neat little calculator to show the inverse square law
www.radprocalculator.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If anything they would have to evacuate Tokyo, in which case I am currently accepting female applicants only. must know a dance routine and be between the ages of 18 and 29....no large marges allowed...there is a weight limit on the love boat.

What?

How is that insensitive?

Im offering love and care for many.........as long as they fit the above creiteria....and can fit into a size 5 black leather 3 piece with gold thread piping.....

What?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
Where would all these people go? Would governments ban them?

Depends for if its a situation ONLY northern hemisphere related, then some countries in the Southern hemispheres may block some depending on what nation they are from....... BUT IF SOMETHING IS GOING ON GLOBAL 1 WOULD THINK THE GOVS. OF THE WORLD WOULD COMBINE FORCES TO SAVE AS MANY AS THEY CAN 1 HOPES ATLEAST.
edit on 6/19/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That is the darkest side of this very dark global disaster.
That is the reason for the silence in the media.
That is the reason that, "it's their disaster."
That is the reason #3 is never mentioned.
That is the reason that many will die.
That is the reason that this IS the worst global disaster in human history.

P L U T O N I U M

The kak that is everywhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So lets say it does happen. Dont rely on your standard propaganda govenments to help you out as a individual cuz there not doin crap to keep us informed... Ya gotta be prepared! Ya gotta have the tools!

I got a couple of Gieger-Counters (You pretty much need two types) Have been alert about this since the day it happened... I've ran several tests during and after the events with one of them as well. (Other one is more for radioactive fallout)
The rain is hot, but not even close to critical. The tuna is bad for you, But always was. (Mercury)
Alaska King Crab? Shrimp? To late for enjoyment. (Think "B.P" as well)
Everyone is intitled to there own opinion here, and scientifically right now to me? Its all tolerable.

BUT HOWEVER!
If the tower falls tomorrow and you dont even have the simplest model of radiation detectors, then you'll not know early enough to flee to the ground you are on. By the time it hits the main stream media... The radiation is well on its way. Forget the "Inverse Square Law" because the lifespan of PU-239 is 240,000 years. Im sure it will travel far enough in the 24,000 year halflife that is has to get around the northwest Canada/U.S.A, and none of us will be around to examine it then, so its not really up for debate. Im not here to offened anyone, but if its about survival of mankind and our flaws then its good to know when to leave home.

At least if you have the equipment you can avoid the mass hysteria of whatever happens next.
The goverment will do what they do. (As they always do)
We can have a head start though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Whether it's around for a year, or for 240,000 years, it still follows the inverse square law. Unless it's moving around the world during that time, any particle that it gives off is going to weaken exponentially the farther it travels. So if it's in the ground, or on the ground in Japan, it's only going to truly affect the ground in Japan. Any radiation that it gives off is going to weaken significantly by the time it gets to another country. Yes, you'll be able to measure an increase in background radiation wherever it goes, but it depending on where you are, it won't be enough to truly hurt you, and it's not going to radically alter the environment elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My concern are all the other old nuclear plants
around the world. Many are on earthquake
faults or near - its just a matter of time and
none of us know which one and when.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"Out, damned radioactive spot! Out, I say" "Here's the smell of blood still: All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten (your) little hand"

For those that let the children consume contaminated food and milk without warning…. For those that let the children frolic in field's of radiation. Look at your hands. LOOK AT YOUR HANDS. Do you sleep ? Or do you sleepwalk like the Lady?

I'm going for ice cream.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

yes we are..we have nothing better to do in our off time than to come to ats and shill out

edit on 20-6-2012 by alkesh because: sp

edit on 20-6-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would have room for a large family. They would be welcome here. That is what to me a true American represents.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Great links I saved to bookmarks, it takes a smarter person than me to interpret...

*Good to see you sweetheart*

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Basically, anything that spreads in three dimensions, the amount of whatever it is drops exponentially the farther it goes.

In this example, we're talking about radiation. If you know the source strength, then at two meters it's 1/4th the strength. At 3 meters it's 1/9th the strength. As it moves out, it has to spread to cover a much larger area, so the strength drops. The farther it goes, the more area it covers, so the more it drops.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey Zaphod, then explain the hot rain in Brazil with your inverse square law. Explain it in Europe. Explain it in Australia.

The problem is that the particles with the explosion are so tiny they've aerosolized and don't drop down with the inverse square law like everyone thought they would.

Follow the jet stream, avoid long walks in the rain... and eat lots of good food that will protect you. Some exposure is inevitable, so give your body everything you can that will help it clean itself out, and hopefully protect your DNA (in case you still need to pass it on).

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

That's simple to explain. Water traps radiation. When the radiation was released it was trapped by sea water, which became vapor and carried around in the jetstream. However, the amount that is dropped in rain isn't going to even increase your chances of cancer a measurable amount, let alone cause significant damage to the environment.

The inverse square law deals with the release into the air by the source. It doesn't have anything to do with radiation trapped in another medium, such as sea water.
edit on 6/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join