It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite That Killed Dinosaurs Responsible For Turning Tomatoes Red

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the ignorance concerning genetics and lack of reading comprehension is strong here

tomatoes didn't triple in size it was their genome [that's you chris the fish]

the way scientists "know" is the same way they know we have neanderthal genes
[unless you're a sub-saharan afican]
the same way they know michelle O has white ancestors

by examining and analyzing the genes

genographic.nationalgeographic.com...

Where do you really come from? And how did you get to where you live today? DNA studies suggest that all humans today descend from a group of African ancestors who—about 60,000 years ago—began a remarkable journey.

The Genographic Project is seeking to chart new knowledge about the migratory history of the human species by using sophisticated laboratory and computer analysis of DNA contributed by hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. In this unprecedented and of real-time research effort, the Genographic Project is closing the gaps of what science knows today about humankind's ancient migration stories.

The Genographic Project is a multi-year research initiative led by National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Dr. Spencer Wells. Dr. Wells and a team of renowned international scientists and IBM researchers, are using cutting-edge genetic and computational technologies to analyze historical patterns in DNA from participants around the world to better understand our human genetic roots. The three components of the project are: to gather field research data in collaboration with indigenous and traditional peoples around the world; to invite the general public to join the project by purchasing a Genographic Project Public Participation Kit; and to use proceeds from Genographic Public Participation Kit sales to further field research and the Genographic Legacy Fund which in turn supports indigenous conservation and revitalization projects. The Project is anonymous, non-medical, non-profit and all results will be placed in the public domain following scientific peer publication.

methinks xtianity has a large share of the blame here re the ignorance displayed
or are else simply taking the opportunity to spread it

kudos and stars for boncho for the follow up research
F&S

edit on 19-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Scientists who mapped the tomato genome have established that the genome of the original tomato plant suddenly tripled in size about 60 to 70 million years ago.

Lol. Where did they get a 70 million year old tomato?

Agreed - these sorts of claims really require a time machine for verification. What's that about extraordinary claims, now? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Scientists who mapped the tomato genome have established that the genome of the original tomato plant suddenly tripled in size about 60 to 70 million years ago.

Agreed - these sorts of claims really require a time machine for verification. What's that about extraordinary claims, now? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Uh oh. Somebody didn't pay attention! It's about the genome.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Uh oh. Somebody didn't pay attention! It's about the genome.

Do genomes carry date stamps? Yes, I did pay attention, and once again you presume what I did or did not do. How about some intellectual homesty?? Believe it or not, I am looking for answers. Ad hominem much?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

plant suddenly tripled in size about 60 to 70 million years ago.
in know 10 mill years one way or another but,, the point is was it an instant transformation,and if so just maybe ideal growing conditions, made for more stress free enviroment, thus releasing, said growth spurt,,
hey 10 million years,, is a long time,,

i can do it in my garden,, in under 10 million years i bet.
common scientists,, really always gloom doom,,
fail.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Must be time to secure more funding. Only thing better than a billionaire philanthropist is a stupid billionaire philanthropist.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A meteorite caused tomatoes to turn red... and wiped out dinosaurs too...wow.

And y'all say there is no God.

About a couple a million years later God sent another meteorite and it hit chicken eggs and made Duke's mayonnaise.

After that, God made man and a giant volcano erupted and hit a field of grain and baked some bread and the Tomato Sandwhich was born...

This is what caused modern man to evolve from neanderthal man...

And after that... the biggest, most giantus leap in man's evolution and understanding of God....BACON.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

LETTUCE

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'm hip to it BobAthome... just picked me off a big ol' bucket full of them gazillion year old tomatoes... and yes, lettuce is a must. Why it put the L in BLT...

Seriously... just think about that. Something happened a gazillion years ago and this evening, we reap the benefits... red tomatoes...or in this case... Cherokee Purple and BeefMaster Tomatoes.

Ain't life wonderful?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join