It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute to Trololo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have some sad news to announce. Eduard Khil aka Mr. Trololo has passed away.

I would like to pay tribute to him for helping us all laugh, sing and troll our friends.

If you're not familiar with Mr. Trololo here are a few videos

Original Video that became viral

A brand new version from 2012 of this adorable song!

Video report of his death

Source

Khil, a recipient of the People's Artist Award in the Soviet Union, became famous in the West after his song of 50 years ago, I Am So Happy to Finally Be Back Home, which contains no words but only a melody of a series of "tro-lo-los," hit the internet.

The Trololo song, according to Khil had originally featured lyrics describing a cowboy riding a horse to his farm; however, the Soviet Union rejected the lyrics because of the association with American lifestyle.

Khil was born in Smolensk on September 4, 1934. He died Monday morning after irreversible damage from a stroke at the end of May.

Rest in peace

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
R.I.P.

Edit to add quote:

After graduating he fell in love with pop music after attending a Klavdiya Shulzhenko concert, and started to perform popular music. This led to him winning several prizes in the next two decades. He won the "All Russian Competition for Performers" in 1962 and was invited to perform at the "Festival of Soviet Songs" in 1965. He attained second place in Sopot International Song Festival in 1965. In 1967, composer Andrey Petrov won the USSR State Prize for a collection of songs performed mainly by Khil, and in 1968 Khil won the Meritorious Artist of the RSFSR. The Order of the Red Banner of Labour was awarded in 1971, and Russia's most prestigious artist award, the People's Artist of Russia, was awarded to Khil in 1974. He was so successful that the public called him the 'Symbol of Leningrad'.Between 1977 & 1979, Khil taught solo singing at the Saint Petersburg State Theatre Arts Academy. Khil has toured in over 80 countries and lived at Tolstoy House (Толстовский дом) in St. Petersburg. After his singing career faded in the early 1990s, Khil re-entered private life and worked in a cafe in Paris, singing cabaret. Starting in 1997, Khil was involved with his son in a joint project with the rock group Prepinaki. For his 75th birthday, Khil was awarded the Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 4th Class in 2009 by Russia and in 2010 performed in St. Petersburg's Victory Day Parade.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
rest in peace... ohhhh yaaa ya ya yaaaaaaaaa ill miss you so so sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
awww, well that is very sad news, for sure.

Something about this silly little, whimsical song that lacked any lyrics, always put a smile on my face...And got stuck in my head for days at a time.

At least it was catchy.

May he rest in peace.

edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is the 1st time I've ever heard of, or heard his music.

Is it me being tired at just after 4am, or is this man addictive?
Although charming and catchy, I don't see it lasting as popular here in the states for more than a year, the Kardashians would out rate him and get him cancelled... if it was the 1960s or 70s.

edit on 19-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

edit on 19-6-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

His video was turned into a 10 and 50 hour loop

The 50 hour loop video has almost reached 1 million hits. It is currently at 930,999

Sadly I guess we will never see Epic Sax guy & Mr Trololo in concert together.

Of course there is also the Troll face version of Mr trololo too

edit on 6/19/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If that wasn't enough for you.

There are also these versions

Family guy

lil' trololo

Chin face

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
This is the 1st time I've ever heard of, or heard his music.

Is it me being tired at just after 4am, or is this man addictive?
Although charming and catchy, I don't see it lasting as popular here in the states for more than a year, the Kardashians would out rate him and get him cancelled... if it was the 1960s or 70s.

edit on 19-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

Lol I used to think it was fake, I mean, it was just so insane.

I heard he died a few days ago, but never thought to post about it.

he had a great voice. The song was supposed to be about a cowboy returning to his homestead, but the ruskies didn't allow the lyrics as they were so western.

So he epic trollolol'd them all!

ahh.. I shall use him as the new rickroll seeing as the people that own rick astley have made it illegal to use him. Despite old rick saying he felt honored his song was used in such a manner. Effin record industry..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Did they really try to ban the Rick roll ?

That's hard to believe. I wonder how successful they were at it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

edit on 19-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

top topics

join