It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you not like this song?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No. As I said, vast leaps of style aren't impressive. I just find it funny that you think their best songs are the ones that get played on the radio.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
No. As I said, vast leaps of style aren't impressive. I just find it funny that you think their best songs are the ones that get played on the radio.

I can't help which songs move me, sometimes I wish I could haha! I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know which ones were on there. Usually I find them surfing youtube. I mean how can you not like this song?:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

love the video you posted by the way ~ never heard of those guys before, but it definitely rOcks!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here are some more of my favorites

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"How can you not like this song?"

Well - easily.
Another thump-thump-thump-thump rendition where a well known theme is trashed almost beyond recognition.

If you really want an original thump-thump where the beat can carry you way way high, the you should try this:

I dislike that as well, but bow my head to originality and the artistic work put into it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Awesome! There's gotta be an hour's worth of music to listen to now! Thanks for sharing guys, and keep 'em coming!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

hahah that's awesome!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

LOL..

I enjoyed that.. I have no idea what it is about.. but good beat.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ya'll are being a bunch of pretentious hipsters! There's no need to be so rude to the OP.

I'm a musician myself, play both the guitar and the piano. I listen to a wide variety of music, from any generation and any genre..Satie, Bach, Ohgr, VNV Nation, Pixies, Enya, Morrissey, Tool, The Doors, Faure, Dylan, Aphex Twin, KMFDM, Coldplay, Nirvana, Mozart..etc, etc..

And I also like to listen pop type stuff, that was made for dancing.. Madonna, Britney Spears, J-lo, Katy Perry, Abba.
Listening to mainstream music doesn't diminish me or my musical ability in the least.
If I like it, I listen to it, no matter what elitist music snobs like you guys think!

S&F EA, for being yourself

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
Ya'll are being a bunch of pretentious hipsters! There's no need to be so rude to the OP.

I'm a musician myself, play both the guitar and the piano. I listen to a wide variety of music, from any generation and any genre..Satie, Bach, Ohgr, VNV Nation, Pixies, Enya, Morrissey, Tool, The Doors, Faure, Dylan, Aphex Twin, KMFDM, Coldplay, Nirvana, Mozart..etc, etc..

And I also like to listen pop type stuff, that was made for dancing.. Madonna, Britney Spears, J-lo, Katy Perry, Abba.
Listening to mainstream music doesn't diminish me or my musical ability in the least.
If I like it, I listen to it, no matter what elitist music snobs like you guys think!

S&F EA, for being yourself

haha right on! gotta keep the mind open to anything and everything! thanks for speaking up!

to all the *haters*! ;D:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Perhaps I should add one tune that I do like:

Beaty and Beast.
Talent and talent.
Sweet and Rough.

Sinéad O'Connor and Shane MacGowan.

Haunted

(Written by Shane)

edit on 19-6-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Here is some real music instead of that mass produced commercial crap like Jennifer Lopez:

I can handle some pop if they actually write the music themselves, but most is mass produced crap that has been made by record studios. Artists such as Jennifer is nothing more than performers that only got where they are by their looks.
Edit: And sorry for sounding so harsh.. It just upsets me that you cannot listen to radio or watch music tv today as there is nothing but such music on there.
edit on 19-6-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Enjoy!

Right on! That's a pretty good range of music you have there, really enjoying the mix!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah not feeling it. Can't do the generic commercial music anymore, not after finding things with more emotion, more musical complexity, more creativity, etc.

Plus one to all the Clutch fans! I was hooked after a friend played Cypress Grove for me years ago.

If you wanna go way away from the pop/dance genre check this one out.

edit on 19-6-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Nice list!

Here a couple more..

I love this version of Laya

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
***snip***

***snip***

OP asked "How can you not like this song?"
Some of us answered coherently with reason(s) for not liking it.

That's not elitist.

Taking a well known track and trashing it with thump-thump-thump and flaunting fago-bagos does not make it good.

I'm sure you - being a musician - can understand that some of us likes to keep certain musical tracks as they are.
Very few really good tracks can survive J'Lo'ing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

I can't help which songs move me, sometimes I wish I could haha! I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know which ones were on there. Usually I find them surfing youtube. I mean how can you not like this song?:

It's pretty boring IMO. Sounds just like every other one of those songs.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Art Bell.. Coast to Coast AM..

Very cool..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane2
Perhaps I should add one tune that I do like:

Beaty and Beast.
Talent and talent.
Sweet and Rough.

Sinéad O'Connor and Shane MacGowan.

Haunted

(Written by Shane)

edit on 19-6-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

I absolutely love this song! thanks for posting! Sinead O'Connor is awesome!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join