How can you not like this song?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well I do not like that too much as one poster said, hip hop is so full of subliminal

And with the NDAA this song should label them terrorists

Since they are they are screamin we are young and going to set the world on fire.......

I had too
edit on 18-6-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Devin Townsend is blimey amazing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I yawned, and then I yawned again. I definitely wasn't feeling it. Thankfully other songs were posted in this thread that actually contained talent and emotion, so clicking on this thread wasn't a complete waste of time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

I yawned, and then I yawned again. I definitely wasn't feeling it. Thankfully other songs were posted in this thread that actually contained talent and emotion, so clicking on this thread wasn't a complete waste of time.

haha! Wow! Harsh!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There are two kinds of music. One kind is written by the performer[s] to express something from within, whilst the other can be likened to fast food and is entirely produced to make money. The performers believe falsely that they have some unique talent but the truth is that they can be replaced by any other person and the music would not change.
Jennifer Lopez is not special and neither is the music she performs. Any other semi pretty bird who can dance [a bit] could do exactly the same, the writers make sure it has a rhythm so it can be played in clubs and do Jennifer up so that some blokes can look at something if they don't like the music. It is prepacked, off the shelf, one of a million other meaningless songs.

Other artists you can go and see playing a gig in a pub and they will be 100x better than this plastic music. However a lot of young people grow up with this and add to the milking pot by giving their money.
Proper, decent bands/singers can come from any genre. Their music lasts and even if you listen to the album 100x you will still find something new.

If you want a steady rhythm and a bird, put on a beat loop and look at pictures of a page 3 girl. It is cheaper and you can vary the loop and the girl when you get bored.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
one of a million other meaningless songs.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

Hmmm. I thought I was the one assigning value to {the} song{s}?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This question gets brought up with authors. Does the author assign meaning or the reader? If the author writes about a pink vase with flowers in it that gets covered in spider webs, does the reader have the ability to add meaning to that object.

Say I'm reading that and I got vagina on the mind. I could say that vase represents a woman's vagina but the spiderwebs represent loneliness and disuse. Is that ok? Even if the author just wrote about a vase?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I do not like pitbull so that along killed any chance of me liking the song.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I hate Pitbull with a passion, he's plastic.

Now here's a talented individual, Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino.

Edit: Here's the original song J.Lo and Pitbull turned into garbage
, Yes we're OG like that.

edit on 19-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i just want to echo the sentiments of Hecate
[sentence i never thought i would say]
i listen to literally hundreds of bands across every genre
but they all have one thing in common;
they all write their own songs, make their own music... sweat through their day jobs
to earn some money to record
they pour their souls into their music
their hands bleed from it
there's no lipsynching or backup dancing or megastar producers making out like they 'invented "drops"'
but i do not know why you would choose that world
over one where musicians are real people...real friends who buy you beer ^^

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I've been a huge Clutch fan since 1996? or so. When they come to my area they play at smaller venues and the shows are just amazing. I can't believe (and kind of glad) a band this insanely good gets hardly (if any) radio play. Every once in a while you will hear one of there songs in the background of a commercial (Electric Worry) for the game "Left for Dead" and just recently they played the song "Regulator" in the series "Walking Dead" I feel like they are very picky about their publicity. Whatever they are doing, they are doing it right. Every person I've let listen to Clutch is an instant fan. Sorry for the derail, but when I see other Clutch fans I must MUST say something =D
Back to the topic though, this song is on my "guilty pleasure" playlist on my phone, along with Kesha and LMFAO

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is only one song about a dance floor that I'll listen to and it's this

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

This question gets brought up with authors. Does the author assign meaning or the reader? If the author writes about a pink vase with flowers in it that gets covered in spider webs, does the reader have the ability to add meaning to that object.

Say I'm reading that and I got vagina on the mind. I could say that vase represents a woman's vagina but the spiderwebs represent loneliness and disuse. Is that ok? Even if the author just wrote about a vase?

Absolutely! But if you spend your time trying to make others see it the way you do, what happens when they don't agree? Conflict ~ and then you require some kind of conflict~resolution {problem ~ reaction ~ solution on a smaller scale?}.

It's all about *suggestion* according to the moment~the now~! ?? How did you get Vagina on the Mind?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Felyn

I'm with you there man, they put on an amazing show. Saw them with BLS and they just blew me away. Not nearly enough radio, but that's how most good bands are. Nobody gets radio play that should.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by Felyn

I'm with you there man, they put on an amazing show. Saw them with BLS and they just blew me away. Not nearly enough radio, but that's how most good bands are. Nobody gets radio play that should.

do you think it's weird that I love both TOOL and Briteny Spears?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

I challenge you to get on a dance floor and dance to that, and not look like a monkey? haha j/k! sorry!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i just want to echo the sentiments of Hecate
[sentence i never thought i would say]
i listen to literally hundreds of bands across every genre
but they all have one thing in common;
they all write their own songs, make their own music... sweat through their day jobs
to earn some money to record
they pour their souls into their music
their hands bleed from it
there's no lipsynching or backup dancing or megastar producers making out like they 'invented "drops"'
but i do not know why you would choose that world
over one where musicians are real people...real friends who buy you beer ^^

musicians are entertainers no matter fame or not. i want to be entertained {sometimes} i listen to a wide range of music styles myself, but there is a certain *timely* charm with mainstream music ~ especially when it looks like a Jennifer Lopez, or a Lana Del Rey! does that make me shallow?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

I challenge you to get on a dance floor and dance to that, and not look like a monkey? haha j/k! sorry!

People in clubs dance? I haven't seen that for years. Usually what amounts to dancing in a club where they play the type of music that you posted is that a man stands there while a drunk woman gives you a standing lap dance and grinds her arse up and down your crotch

You don't need music to do that

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

People in clubs dance? I haven't seen that for years. Usually what amounts to dancing in a club where they play the type of music that you posted is that a man stands there while a drunk woman gives you a standing lap dance and grinds her arse up and down your crotch

You don't need music to do that

who said anything about clubs? yer living room can be a dance floor if you want it too. i dont go to clubs, but i sure enjoy the image portrayed by videos like this. the energy it takes to present such a piece of artistic expression is amazing! but if you don't feel it, you don't feel it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How could you like this song?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join