<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Shameless Bump...

More please....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you are NOT a candidate, but are following this election, please tell us what you think. There's an informal POLL that's open to all members of ATS. Say anything you'd like, just be sure to voice your opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Apocalypse Now Party

A vote for someone else is a vote against cats.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Vote for TRUTH,People.....................

edit on 23-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Apocalypse Now 2012

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sorry everyone I had to leave for a couple days but I am back now! The interviews shall recommense as soon as I can get more out and some answers in!

thanks everyone for their patience.. ATS simply does not pay very well, and I was on assignment with my other job....
edit on 24-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My Next interview was with Candidate OrphenFire who has been a citizen of ATS Virtual World for almost 3 years now, albeit one who has encountered some fines for disobeying the law. He appears to be one citizen who believes in the motto of ATS and that is to "Deny Ignorance". Therefore, without further ado I give you the interview:

First allow me to thank you for taking the time out of your busy campaign schedule to conduct this interview with ATS News.

Thank you for your time, as well.

You have yet to create a platform (thread) in which you state for the citizens upon what issues you are running. Is this something you intend to rectify in the near future?

As I think more on the subject of my Regency, perhaps a dedicated thread would be in order. Yes, I will be making one soon, outlining the views of my Party in more detail.

You stated in one of the threads posing questions to the candidates that you do not see the need for any improvement concerning those citizens who have recently immigrated to ATS Virtual World, yet, other candidates are suggesting a need for more assistance in this area. What makes you believe that this is not an area of ATS which would benefit from improvement?

A helpful hand is always welcome, and I don't discourage helping others, especially new members, at all. However, I don't think the site itself needs any sort of overhaul. One thing that does come to mind is perhaps a brief survey of those creating new accounts that asks "What sort of topics do you find interesting?" The user answers, and the site guides them to those forums. It's been a long time since I joined, and if I remember, there wasn't such a feature in place. I don't know what sorts of challenges new members face nowadays, but my integration into ATS society was fairly easy, even without such a "here are some topics that match your interests" feature.

How do you see the role of Regent with yourself in the seat?

If I am to be Regent, I see myself as the voice of the common ATS member. As Regent, I would have the ability to voice the concerns of every ATS'er directly to the site and be guaranteed recognition and response. My voice would carry weight and demand attention, not for my own sake, but for the sake of every member.

You have the appearance of one of the "grammer nazi's" we see occasionally in ATS Virtual World. Is this a trait you believe beneficial to the citizens of ATS should you be elected Regent?

I am not really what one calls a "grammar nazi". My remarks about such were made in jest. Truthfully, I prefer speaking, reading and writing things that are spoken and written properly. Some people do not take the time to formulate grammatically sound posts in which to convey their ideas. A person could have the best idea in the world and if it is poorly written, then who will listen? One's grammar and spelling do not necessarily reflect the legitimacy of what they have to say, but generally speaking, people do pay more attention to a well written essay than to a jumble of run-on sentences with no clear paragraphs. I think any one who esteems to become Regent of ATS would agree with me on this matter.

Do you see yourself as someone who could properly advocate for all citizens of ATS Virtual World regardless of race or creed, ignorance or intelligence levels?

I do see myself as one who would advocate for all members of ATS, without regard to race, creed, ignorance or intelligence levels. First of all, race and creed mean nothing to me in terms of how important one person may be. Ignorance is a crutch, and is eliminated with knowledge. Intelligence is not an easily definable trait, but I can safely say that most here at ATS are of average to above-average intelligence levels. Even so, if the mentally retarded voice their opinion to me, I will listen.

What is it about you that you find benefical to our world if chosen as Regent?

I take tasks seriously. Even though my initial post regarding ATS Regency was written in satire, I honestly believe I would be a great member to be called Regent. In the real world, I have worked in charge of projects before and I always listen to my teams. No one is ever overlooked and every idea is always taken into account. I would take my job seriously as Regent, and always strive for excellence and the betterment of our community.

Again, thank you for taking time to interview me.

And we here at ATS News, as well the citizens of ATS thank you!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My next interview is with Regency Candidate watchitburn. A citizen with a sense of humor, but a serious side as well, who immigrated to ATS Virtual World almost two years ago. I am sure everyone will find this interview as enlightening as I did.

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to conduct this exclusive interview with ATS News concerning your candidacy for Regent of ATS Virtual World.

Thank you for providing me this opportunity to address the good people of ATS and shed some light on any concerns they might have. I would also like to say you have been a Top Notch Political Correspondent and ATS is fortunate to have you.

Thank you for the compliment.

Some of the good citizens have expressed concerns with having someone as Regent who is desirous of the Apocalypse, because that, as you well no, means no more enjoyable hours in ATS Virtual World. Therefore, we ask, what would you do to help prevent the Apocalypse from happening on your watch as Regent of ATS?

To be blunt, I would not do anything to prevent the Apocalypse. Since bringing about the annihilation of Mankind is my ultimate goal it would be counterproductive to try and prevent it if the opportunity arose. But to put some fears at ease, the endgame for my plans will not culminate for at least another 20 years or so. I enjoy ATS as much as anyone so I will endeavor to not cause any disruptions until bitter fiery end.

Is there anything you might do in the event of any unexpected wars in effort to regain the peace in our world here in ATS?

Well if I can manipulate any wars to further my own goals, it would be irresponsible of me not to do so. But outside of Trolls and Flame wars I don't see any such skirmishes causing trouble here on ATS. In that event though, I would offer my services and advice to the Administrators and Moderators and supports them in any way I could.

You mentioned in the debates that you felt that one of the responsibilities as Regent of ATS would be that of guide to our citizens. How do you see yourself accomplishing this task?

As anyone can see our Moderators are fighting an uphill battle, 5 miles each way in the snow. I think it is everyone's responsibility to aid the misguided and confused. It generally only takes a few minutes of your time and ATS is a better place for it. I know it can be tempting to throw up a quick witty comment and be on your way, I have been guilty of it now and then. No one is perfect (as evidenced by our continued existence) but a little effort goes a long way. These are things everyone should be doing though. I think the main role of ATS Regent should be a consolidated voice to the site admins. To address concerns and questions in a coherent manner without overwhelming them in a nonsensical roar.

You are still a bit behind in recent polling, to what do you attribute this? Is there anything you might change about your campaign in the future?

Good question, it is human nature to avoid extinction but I think our citizens will come around in the end. Overall I think my party is doing well considering how understaffed we are compared to some of the other parties. I am also about to unleash new Ad campaign that I think is going to be well recieved.

Are the debates worrying you at all, or do you feel this is giving you the opportunity to spread your message to all the citizens?

Not really, no significant debates have been held yet outside of someones preference for sub-par scotch. Some of the more productive exchanges seem to take place after my bedtime, but that is a timezone issue that will have to be worked around.

Is the behavior of some of the candidates bothersome to you?

Not at all, I find their antics to be very humorous. I do feel sorry for that poor chicken though, you see he time traveled in an alternate dimension that has no bearing on this one. He is going to be so disappointed when he finds out.

Do you know where to draw the line between fun and seriousness?

I think so, I also know how to have serious fun and I take my fun very seriously. I am deadly serious when I say I intend to do everything in power to keep ATS the shining beacon of knowledge and ideas that we have all come to enjoy.

What would you like to see changed here on ATS that you think you might be able to influence as Regent?

ATS is in no need of any changes. I think it is just fine the way it is. Outside of the points I addressed earlier, I have no intention of changing a thing.

This is all for now, and I thank you for you time

Thank you for taking the time to interview me and I look forward to working with you in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The next two interviews will be from twohawks and realspoke.... as soon as possible, but I warn everyone it will probably be tommorow... I am a bit tired

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
The next two interviews will be from twohawks and realspoke.... as soon as possible, but I warn everyone it will probably be tommorow... I am a bit tired

I honestly think you have done an EXCELLENT job with these interviews.

You should be commended for it !

I do appreciate it,as many on ATS do also.........

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am PurpleChiten and I support this message

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Apocalypse Now for Regency

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks sonnny1, it means a lot for some reason to have contributed something good.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I am certainly impressed with the level of professionalism and thoroughness that you are handling this with. You are putting a good bit of effort into this project and I really do appreciate it. Keep up the good work! And bring on the tough questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My next interview is with candidate for Regent, Nosred, an active citizen of the ATS Virtual world since immigrating here in 2009. He has caused a bit of an uproar since joining the race, shedding new light (and possibly some humour) on the world of politics in general. No link can be provided at this time as he has yet to set up his platform. He allowed an interview with ATS News, therefore I take you now to that:

My first question posed to the candidate was "You seem one of the most spontaneous admissions into the race for Regent, may I ask what led up to your decision to run?"

Why did I decide to run for regent? Well one day I was sitting there thinking my thoughts when, suddenly, I had an idea. What would happen if my thoughts suddenly flew through the air?

This is my wish. My dream. And it's coming true.

You categorize yourself as a patrcian and all else as plebs, this leads many of the good citizens of ATS Virtual World to believe you do not see yourself as "one of the people" therefore might lack the ability to speak for the people, what say you to these concerns?

When your car is broken down and needs fixing, do you take the task upon yourself? Probably not! You call in an expert to handle the situation!

Therefore the same logic applies for ATS. One must call in an expert outsider to prevent total chaos. It's the only way.

Is the position of Regent something you would take seriously if elected?

Yes, and I am as harmless as pie. Pie that has been cooled on a windowsill and consumed by a happy family of six. That's me in a nutshell. Pie... pieshell. Me in a pieshell.

What do you veiw the role and responsibility of Regent should you be elected?

With my new title I would gain the ability to act more pretentious than ever. I would take it upon myself to scoff at the filthy titleless scum whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Do you have the ability to effectively advocate for all citizens of ATS Virtual World regardless of others' creed, race or class?

I'll make sure to put the plebeians in their place, you can count on that.

What is it that makes you think you would be a better Regent than some of the other, more popular candidates?

Once there was a tree who could not grow. He was otherwise healthy and had a huge tree dong but he was short and fat and nobody loved him. Then a big tornado came along and high winds knocked down every tree ever, except him. Now he feeds on their decayed remains.

This is me. Every day. My name is Nosred.

I noticed that you recently told another candidate that you are in fact, the most apathetic. What then can the good citizens expect from you if elected Regent?

Apathetic pretentiousness.

Do you intend to create a platform (thread) in which to express the issues most important to you and one where the citizens can speak to you directly?

Possibly.

You appear to be a bit harsh in your speech rather than being more respectful during the debate, is there a reason for this? Some kind of strategy perhaps?

I don't have a reason for anything I do.

How do you feel about the mudslinging that has gone on during some of the election process and the subsequent intimidation by the ATS One World government?

No opinion.

Now I wish to ask YOU an interview question!

What's your take on the supposedly upcoming topless feet trend?

Well. I really had no idea that I was a trendsetter, but yes, I love my feet to be topless, especially in summertime! If others decide to follow my lead, then so be it!
Thanks once more for taking the time out of your busy schedule for this interview!

O.B. Waters, Political Correspondent, ATS News

edit on 25-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
******NEWS FLASH******

Celebrity Endorsements!

Enjoy!

(2 minutes long. 15 Candidates.)

edit on 6/25/12 by Druid42 because: forgot to post pic, duh!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
*******************News Update*****************

I am still waiting on RealSpoke and twohawks to answer their interview questions, and as soon as they do I will get them posted for everyones benefit!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am still waiting for the responses, these are the last two people to be interviewed as everyone else is declining.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It is looking like the elections are being moved up, and the last two candidates are declining interview, therefore take my leave of this thread in wishing all the candidates good luck in the elections. It has been great meeting all of you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join