ATS News Political Desk: Upcoming ATS Regent Candidate Interviews

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I would love to help you out, having been a member of the ATS Press corp, but alas, I am one of the candidates and that would be a bit of a conflict of interest on my part.

Ladies and Gentleman, if I may say, OpinionatedB has done a fabulous job, but their work is cut out for them. So many people to interview and keep track of.

If you have any interest, please speak up! I know your help would be appreciated by OpinionatedB, myself as well as all the other candidates and everyone else who has been following the election!

Don't be shy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

yes, it would be a most serious conflict, definitely needs to be someone who is not running. But everyone should keep their eye out for someone who might be interested, I really do need the help!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Brief commercial break for another announcement from the Curmudgeon Party:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
IpsissimusMagus press secretary has just issues this important announcement in regards their party:

"I have an important announcement regarding my campaign for ATS regent. Due to my old age and bad vision, I have apparently made a small error when reading my Political Party's name. I do not belong to the "Smear Party". The name of my political party is actually - "The Shmear Party".

We at the Shmear Party support spreadable condiments made from various herbs and cream cheese. As well as other spreadable condiments often used on a bagel or cracker.

As the leader of the "Shmear Party" I would like to offer an apology to the bagel makers, the Regent nominees and the other ATS members and mods. Whom I may have offended during the recent campaign.

In light of this error. We at The SHmear Party are completely restructuring our campaign strategy. I also must reevaluate our Party's stance on all the current issues. I will be releasing a statement of our new political stance soon.

Thank you, IpsissimusMagus"
edit on 20-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
NEWS FLASH!

The ATS One World Government has moved our homes to off-topic!

a sad day indeed when we get demoted from intelligent citizens with important discourse to TPTB telling us we are not important in the least, nor intelligent.
edit on 20-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The fifth of a series of five advertisements:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All this advertising the other parties are doing is making me thirsty. What about you Brenda?

Brenda's currently occupied. It's always the new staffers that pass out first.

VOTE DRUNK 2012

Vote Booze Party

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by bestintentions
is ...... .......is voting compulsory on ATS ?

No.

But if you don't. . . . . . . . . a mod will come to your house and yell at your houseplants until they turn yellow and sad.

You mean they can bring my houseplants back to life?

"Yellow and sad" is a step UP for my houseplants...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ou next interview is with candidate DJW001, a highly intellectual citizen of ATS Virtual World, who immigrated to our world almost 2 and a half years ago. If stars and flags are any indication, this is a very popular member indeed.

First, I would like to thank you for your time in conducting this interview with ATS News concerning your candidacy for Regent of ATS.

No, thank you. It is an honor to have this opportunity to express my views.

How do you view the role and responsibilities of Regent of ATS?

The position is entirely symbolic, and carries no formal authority or duties. That said, it is my belief that the Regent can, by modelling appropriate behavior in terms of his/her/its posts, raise the "tone"of ATS, making it a more civil place for open minded discussion.

What do you believe you can add to the ATS Virtual World should you be chosen as Regent?

My dedication to critical thinking and compassion for others would hopefully inspire others to strive for similar values.

To clarify:

You stated that it would be your model behavior which would be the boon to the ATS World community should you be chosen as Regent, but I would like to ask, how do you see then the position of Regent as any different, or how could such a position be used in a different manner than citizenship, since we should all exemplify model behavior at all times?

All citizens should strive to the highest degree of good citizenship. By being elected Regent, one is simply singled out as "First Among Equals," a purely symbolic acknowledgement exemplary form.

Do you believe you are someone who can advocate for the Citizens of the ATS Virtual World regardless of race or creed, even if that race or creed differs from your own?

Absolutely. Being able to accept others for who they are is an important aspect of compassion. As Voltaire famously said: "Although I disagree with what you say, I will fight for your right to say it."

Concerning such important matters such as lifetime exile (aka banning) do you see a role that you as Regent of ATS csn play in such matters?

None whatsoever. Banishment is meted out by the ATS staff based on violations of ATS's Terms and Conditions. We are all responsible for our own actions.

You are behind in current polling numbers (aka flags), do you believe these debates will bring your message to the citizens of ATS, and thus bring your party out on top in the end?

Whether or not we win the election is not the point. What matters is that we stay true to our philosophy.

What are some of the things you would do as Regent should you be chosen for this lofty seat?

I would wear a purple silk kimono when I post. Other than that, I would continue to promote lucidity wherever possible.

Do you believe that your ego would ever get in the way, should you be chosen as Regent of ATS?

I cannot honestly answer that question, as I have never been in that situation before.

We at ATS News Political Desk, thank you for taking the time out of your busy campaign schedule to speak with us.

O.B. Waters, Political Correspondent, ATS News.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Our next interview is with ATS citizen cenpuppie, of the Banana Republic Party, who as of yet is devoid of a platform to which I can link. Immigrating to us in 2008, this candidate appears knowledgable in ancient and lost civilizations. I take you now to the interview:

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to conduct this interview with ATS News, concerning your candidacy for Regent of ATS Virtual World.

You have yet to create a platform (thread) in which to show the good citizens of the AYS Virtual World where you stand on the issues, and a place where they can speak to you directly. Is this something you plan to rectify in the near future?

Thank you for your interview. I have been busy and have yet to write down my political platform. It will come within the next several days.

How do you view the role and responsibilities of Regent of ATS?

The regent will simply guide the greater community through hardships and pain. The office of regency is not a place to legislate news laws or broker deals for your buddies, it is a position of leadership and that is what the community will stand for.

What should the citizens of ATS Virtual World expect from you should you be chosen as Regent?

A clear and level individual that listens not only to two sides but all sides of any debate about a topic. Then i will consult with my advisors and based on all forms of input i will come to a correct decision on where to take this great community. I will simply be the people's voice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do you believe you can adequately advocate for all the citizens of ATS regardless of race or creed, even if it differs from your own?

I can and will. By holding someone else back just because they are different you are holding yourself back. You need that person working at optimal efficiency and discriminating against them hinders their growth and I in turn will have information and knowledge to gather.

What would you do, as Regent, in the event of an unexpected war breaking out?

I will make sure that those affected are foremost as safe as can by. And if possible without risking their life, please report on the events as they unfold so we can once again further our own perspective during the conflict.

This is all for now, and once again we thank you for agreeing to this interview with ATS News,
O.B. Waters, Political Correspondent

Thank you O.B Waters.
Cenpuppie

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My next interview is with Just Chris, a citizen in good standing for a little over two years immigrating to us from the UK and one who tries to make every post count here in ATS. Without further ado, I give you the interview:

You appear to be a person with strong ideas and a strong platform to stand, but appear behind in recent polls. Do you believe the debates will assist in getting your message out there to the good citizens of ATS, thus increasing your numbers in the polls?

I'd like to think that the ideas I have created are shared with a vast number of "open-minded" and young individuals like myself. At 24 year's old, I'm probably one of the young candidates. But make no mistake, I have a lot of contacts around the world from the USA, to Australia who have been really influential in the build-up to this election and it's my aim to pass on this influence to ATS and the member's who contribute to the community.

I'm not sure about falling behind, my team haven't gone into any great detailing regarding the opposition. We're focusing on our own party. Yes I do think the debate forums will make a great platform for sharing our opinions.

You appear not to be making as many rounds with your campaign as some of the other candidates. Do you believe that your message is strong enough to stand on its own without any assistance from campaign managers and the like?

I have been extremely busy working with other communities in my other line of work: Web Design. However we've set out some key points of interest for the Party, and open-minded individuals will recognise that fact.

Do you find yourself to be a strong advocate for the people of ATS irregardless of the great diversity here in points of view and cultural backgrounds?

Absolutely. Our party has set out some guideline agendas...however we are always "open" to input from Party members if it is of interest and benefit to the wider ATS community.

What would you do in the event of unexpected wars breaking out in the ATS virtual world?

I'd be on the dog and bone within a flash and working hard with ATS Superiors to address the fundamental problem and break-down the members who are A) Causing the Trouble, and B) Victims of the Trouble.

As mentioned in the recent debate thread, the 50 Shades Of Debate Party are ABSOLUTELY against Bullying, and we have no time for Trolling. Both of these agendas are typically the root cause of most wars within the ATS virtual world.

What do you see yourself adding to the ATS Virtual community with yourself as Regent? Would this be in some way differing from yourself as a member?

It's clear for me to see that the well known members on here seem to be able to have a clear platform to stand on and promote their own efforts in a short space of time. The content coming from X Members are fantastic, however they is a lot of quality content coming from members who are perhaps new to the community which are often over-shadowed and chewed to bits just because they're in-experience at posting questions in a particular way which wasn't to the taste of hardened members.

I want to be a Regent who gives EVERYBODY the opportunity to create a thread with no fear of it been shot down within 5 minutes. I want to highlight threads that go missing inside 5 minutes because they've posting at an extremely busy time of day. I want to be the "shoulders" so-to-speak that member's can stand on, look over the wall and shout "HEY I'M OVER HERE GUYS, TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!"

You come off exceedingly humble to the good citizens, and this appears to be a highly regarded personality trait. Do you think that in the position of Regent you could stay humble and helpful?

In most aspects of life, and certainly in business like I am myself, they are some fundamental points you must stick to. "Trust" is the foundation of any long-term relationship, but first of all you have to KNOW someone, LIKE someone and TRUST someone. I want to be able to come across as an out-going and trustworthy Regent for every member, from new to old.

Yours In Good Faith,

ATS REGENT CANDIDATE - Chris Dickinson of the 50 Shades of Debate Party.

We, at ATS News, would like to thank candidate Just Chris for agreeing to this interview.
edit on 21-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks O.B for publishing this Interview.

VOTE: The 50 Shades Of Debate Party.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just wanted to pop in and say great job, OB! I am enjoying reading all of the interviews, even though I have already offered my support to a candidate. It is interesting to read what all of the candidates have to say and you are doing a phenomenal job with the interviews!
Thank you!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Your quite welcome... I have been having some measure of fun with this too and feel it is important to allow others to hear what everyone is saying!

Thanks for reading and taking interest in my thread!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A brief commercial break:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Paid For By The Shmear Party

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Welcome back from your breif vacation IpsissimusMagus... you were missed, I enjoyed reading your responses in the debate thread. Very nice indeed.
edit on 22-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I must admit, I like your re-positioning strategy. You are solidifying your approach to this election, and your advertisements are refreshing, not boring, and are bringing a new edge to the race. However interesting they may be, you are now displaying a fortitude that should be displayed by an ATS Regent, and I consider you to be a viable contender in this election.

My campaign strategists are scrambling, and I've had to hire extra personnel to off-set your comeback. Well played. My advertising agency is working OT now, to come up with a plausible rebuttal.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join